Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:02:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 340461 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2020, 04:11:25 PM »

Yeah, Carroll Foy needs to switch to the Lieutenant Governor's race.

That said, I'm not as convinced Terry McAuliffe can win the Democratic Primary a second time.

He isn't Mark Warner or Tim Kaine, he has some serious ethical issues dating back to his time as a friend of the Clintons (and I'd rather not see someone connected to Bill and Hillary Clinton win anyways.)

I don't see why he shouldn't win unless he screws up in the coming months. T-Mac has not just wide name recognition, he also has tons of ressources, will get big endorsements and has deep connections to the communities around the state, especially African Americans. And his record as governor is pretty strong in the first place.

What I really like about him is that he focuses on education and the economy, particularly small businesses. Democrats need to talk more about this stuff. He will be an amazing governor (again) who gets things done.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #126 on: December 09, 2020, 04:13:40 PM »

Carter's departure from HD-50 ironically makes me feel better about the seat. I wish he would stay in the house of delegates though as we need his voice. (I hate anyone who is wealthy).

But yea, HD-50 is relatively competitive for Northern Virginia so if the climate got good for the GOP it could flip especially with a Democrat like Carter.

I have not made a decision in the primary yet between Jennifer Carrol Foy or Terry Mcauliffe.
Hes running for reelection in HD-50 too so if he loses the VA gov dem primary he's still going to run for reelection. Also yall hate on Lee Carter away to much he's charismatic and funny af and has a very good story I don't think he'll win but he's got a better shot than you'd think

Lee Carter is a Rose Twitter grifter, there is absolutely a reason to hate him
Name one reason you hate hin lol. Hes been an effective legislator in the house of delegates and got Maced during the black lives matter protests I like the guy. It seems you don't like him cause he's funny on twitter lol.

He refused to endorse Biden...
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #127 on: December 09, 2020, 04:20:01 PM »

Carter's departure from HD-50 ironically makes me feel better about the seat. I wish he would stay in the house of delegates though as we need his voice. (I hate anyone who is wealthy).

But yea, HD-50 is relatively competitive for Northern Virginia so if the climate got good for the GOP it could flip especially with a Democrat like Carter.

I have not made a decision in the primary yet between Jennifer Carrol Foy or Terry Mcauliffe.
Hes running for reelection in HD-50 too so if he loses the VA gov dem primary he's still going to run for reelection. Also yall hate on Lee Carter away to much he's charismatic and funny af and has a very good story I don't think he'll win but he's got a better shot than you'd think

Name one reason you hate hin lol. Hes been an effective legislator in the house of delegates and got Maced during the black lives matter protests I like the guy. It seems you don't like him cause he's funny on twitter lol.

Crazy I'm sure that had a huge impact on the election lmfao. How does that mean he would make a poor governor? I'm talking about the character of a man refusing to give an endorsement in a Safe D state and influencing zero votes is a pretty lame reason
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #128 on: December 09, 2020, 04:28:35 PM »

Crazy I'm sure that had a huge impact on the election lmfao. How does that mean he would make a poor governor? I'm talking about the character of a man refusing to give an endorsement in a Safe D state and influencing zero votes is a pretty lame reason

It means he isn’t a team player and cares more about his own self-aggrandizement, much like most others on Rose Twitter.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2020, 04:50:15 PM »

It means he isn’t a team player and cares more about his own self-aggrandizement, much like most others on Rose Twitter.

He also spread the false Feinstein insider trading rumors, thus making it easier for the Republicans who were actually guilty to survive the media cycle.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #130 on: December 09, 2020, 05:07:32 PM »

I am doing a lot of thinking whether I would support Jennifer Carrol Foy.

yes she is the electable progressive. But I fear I may have to vote for Terry McAuliffe. The anti fairfax and carter people need to stick together and I do not want to risk the Democrats losing it.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #131 on: December 09, 2020, 05:56:34 PM »

You say he's funny, I say he's an asshole.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #132 on: December 09, 2020, 06:33:07 PM »

Shouldn't matter, but Lee Carter is just... unappealing to look at in a way that could hurt him in a high profile race.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #133 on: December 09, 2020, 06:44:50 PM »

TMac is inevitable and people need to accept this now so we don't have 11 months of "MCAULLIFE/DEMS IN DISARRAY" takes, and then utter silence when he wins by 10 (or if Amanda Chase follows through), much much more.
LtNOWIS

« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2020, 10:10:54 PM »

Yeah, Carroll Foy needs to switch to the Lieutenant Governor's race.

That said, I'm not as convinced Terry McAuliffe can win the Democratic Primary a second time.

He isn't Mark Warner or Tim Kaine, he has some serious ethical issues dating back to his time as a friend of the Clintons (and I'd rather not see someone connected to Bill and Hillary Clinton win anyways.)
Carroll Foy probably can't beat T-Mac, but she probably has a better shot than she would as one of 8 Democrats in the LG race.

Anyone who's been on political Twitter knows the bitter divide between the so-called establishment and "rose Twitter." It was obvious in the presidential primary, its roots go back years, and it has very little to do with voting records. Certainly not at the state level.

Nobody outside of Northern Virginia who has even heard of Lee Carter would be ignorant of this dynamic.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2020, 10:29:09 PM »

Shouldn't matter, but Lee Carter is just... unappealing to look at in a way that could hurt him in a high profile race.

wdym he has #populist Purple heart teeth
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #136 on: December 13, 2020, 03:31:59 AM »

Virginia needs to get with the times and let Governors run for two terms.
Imagine if VA had 2 year terms like Vermont or NH, but you could only run for 1 term...
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #137 on: December 13, 2020, 07:34:13 AM »

yes she is the electable progressive. But I fear I may have to vote for Terry McAuliffe. The anti fairfax and carter people need to stick together and I do not want to risk the Democrats losing it.

This guy says "Fairfax and Carter" run everything:

Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #138 on: December 13, 2020, 04:19:06 PM »

TBF I agree about Farifax... he's really the only dem I see losing the general the guys a sexual predator.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2020, 09:02:39 AM »

TBF I agree about Farifax... he's really the only dem I see losing the general the guys a sexual predator.

Exactly.

This is ridiculous. We have a literal rapist still in office and going to events around the state and is running for governor and could even be elected governor due to how insane the Virginia GOP is and the partisanship of Nova.

And putting Fairfax on the top of the ticket risks the house of delegates as well.

jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2020, 09:19:18 AM »

Democrats are favored either way but in good and bad news for Democrats Amanda Chase will be seeking the Republican nomination for Governor instead of running as an independent.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2020, 09:20:58 AM »

Probably looking at a Likely D race. I'll predict the margin to be 8 points.
tosk

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -2.96

« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2020, 03:31:06 PM »

Democrats are favored either way but in good and bad news for Democrats Amanda Chase will be seeking the Republican nomination for Governor instead of running as an independent.

Can she beat Kirk Cox?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2020, 05:38:58 PM »

Can she beat Kirk Cox?

its a convention so I would not be shocked.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2020, 06:14:11 PM »

Can she beat Kirk Cox?
Tt's possible.  Ken Cuccinelli and E.W. Jackson were both nominated through conventions so I think it could very well happen that she is nominated but then again with things like her being kicked out of a county party maybe she won't.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #145 on: December 14, 2020, 06:19:23 PM »

Can she beat Kirk Cox?
Tt's possible.  Ken Cuccinelli and E.W. Jackson were both nominated through conventions so I think it could very well happen that she is nominated but then again with things like her being kicked out of a county party maybe she won't.

And I still think even against Kirk Cox that JCF or McAufflie would be favored
tosk

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -2.96

« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2020, 01:02:43 AM »

Can she beat Kirk Cox?

And I still think even against Kirk Cox that JCF or McAufflie would be favored

yeah it seems to me like any dem would be favored.

I just don't want to be embarrassed.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2020, 02:14:12 AM »

For says that talking about experience is a racist dogwhistle.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2020, 03:03:28 AM »

I mean... he has every right to run but he's already done this job before and should be promoting new leadership, but if the voters choose him it is what it is.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #149 on: December 15, 2020, 08:36:47 AM »

Probably looking at a Likely D race. I'll predict the margin to be 8 points.

I doubt that the democratic candidate would win by eight points if Cox is the republican nominee, yeah it’s true that in 2017 Northam won by 9 points but the climate should be less dem friendly than four years ago.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies