Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:53:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 340420 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2020, 06:44:10 PM »

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2020, 06:53:51 PM »

That’s a wrap, McAuliffe will be governor again.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2020, 10:33:33 AM »

Tmac is in
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2020, 10:38:22 AM »

He would be the 1st VA gov who served non-consecutive term ever? Their one term limit is kind of ridiculous anyway.

Anyway, endorsed.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2020, 10:44:32 AM »

He would be the 1st VA gov who served non-consecutive term ever? Their one term limit is kind of ridiculous anyway.

Anyway, endorsed.

Not quite.  Mills Godwin was elected in 1965 and again in 1973.  He was a Democrat for the first term and a Republican for the second term!
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2020, 10:46:07 AM »

Lee Carter files.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2020, 10:53:34 AM »

GO AWAY!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2020, 10:55:50 AM »

I’m gonna enjoy seeing TMac smack Carter around
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2020, 10:58:01 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other candidates are start dropping out soon. And this Carter dude isn't going anywhere, lol.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2020, 12:30:10 PM »

I see no reason why Carroll Foy or McClellan should have to stand down because TMac refuses to go quietly into the night.

He was a supremely competent governor, but we've got a shot to make history and (with Carroll Foy) elect a pretty solidly left Governor with a Democratic legislature as well.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #110 on: December 09, 2020, 12:38:49 PM »

Harris/TMac 2024?
Roblox

« Reply #111 on: December 09, 2020, 01:47:43 PM »

Tmac's entrance gives me Joe Biden vibes. An entrance into the race that draws reactions of disgust from twitter and people like me, ("Why is TMac coming in when we already have two wonderful black women running?!!?"/"Is Joe Biden really the best we can do?"), with an extremely centrist record(s), but likely has the name recognition and favorability from democratic primary voters needed to coast through. If anything, TMac should have an easier time than Biden did considering there isn't really someone with equal-ish name recognition (like Bernie Sanders) to take him on.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #112 on: December 09, 2020, 02:09:33 PM »

Tmac's entrance gives me Joe Biden vibes. An entrance into the race that draws reactions of disgust from twitter and people like me, ("Why is TMac coming in when we already have two wonderful black women running?!!?"/"Is Joe Biden really the best we can do?"), with an extremely centrist record(s), but likely has the name recognition and favorability from democratic primary voters needed to coast through. If anything, TMac should have an easier time than Biden did considering there isn't really someone with equal-ish name recognition (like Bernie Sanders) to take him on.

Your Overton Window is warped if you think TMac is "extremely centrist".
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #113 on: December 09, 2020, 02:13:54 PM »

Carter's departure from HD-50 ironically makes me feel better about the seat. I wish he would stay in the house of delegates though as we need his voice. (I hate anyone who is wealthy).

But yea, HD-50 is relatively competitive for Northern Virginia so if the climate got good for the GOP it could flip especially with a Democrat like Carter.

I have not made a decision in the primary yet between Jennifer Carrol Foy or Terry Mcauliffe.
Roblox

« Reply #114 on: December 09, 2020, 02:15:30 PM »

I was making broad strokes points. What would you consider him?
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #115 on: December 09, 2020, 02:16:11 PM »

Carter's departure from HD-50 ironically makes me feel better about the seat. I wish he would stay in the house of delegates though as we need his voice. (I hate anyone who is wealthy).

But yea, HD-50 is relatively competitive for Northern Virginia so if the climate got good for the GOP it could flip especially with a Democrat like Carter.

Something seismic needs to happen in national/VA politics to get these college educated voters to defect, and after the election we don't really have any indication that that would happen. It's not 2014 anymore. Carter would be pretty safe in 2021/23 even in a reasonably bad year for Biden/national Dems.

More interesting question is can he get the seat back in the 2023 primary if he loses? Probably not. Would he want to though? Seems like he's trying to build a national following.

I was making broad strokes points. What would you consider him?

Center left but not "extremely centrist". This isn't JBE we're talking about.

I wasn't enthused about TMac when he ran in 2013 (only time in my life I have voted third party) but he exceeded my expectations. Not enough to guarantee my hypothetical vote at this stage if I was still living there, but enough that I wouldn't dismiss a primary vote for him out of hand.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #116 on: December 09, 2020, 02:47:36 PM »
« Edited: December 09, 2020, 02:55:31 PM by President Johnson »

Yeeees! T-Mac hereby strongly endorsed! He'll run through the primary and win the general election. As I said already, it would be great if Jennifer Carroll Foy withdraws and runs for the second spot, with T-Mac endorsing her in exchange. She could then run after four years with more experience.

Lmao Carter, the guy is a joke and has no chance.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #117 on: December 09, 2020, 03:10:39 PM »

I have not made a decision in the primary yet between Jennifer Carrol Foy or Terry Mcauliffe.
Hes running for reelection in HD-50 too so if he loses the VA gov dem primary he's still going to run for reelection. Also yall hate on Lee Carter away to much he's charismatic and funny af and has a very good story I don't think he'll win but he's got a better shot than you'd think
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #118 on: December 09, 2020, 03:22:26 PM »
« Edited: April 05, 2022, 10:17:43 PM by jimmie »

Hes running for reelection in HD-50 too so if he loses the VA gov dem primary he's still going to run for reelection. Also yall hate on Lee Carter away to much he's charismatic and funny af and has a very good story I don't think he'll win but he's got a better shot than you'd think

Its possibly there would be some blood letting in the most upscale parts of nova and in particular fairfaix.

But he would probably pull it out at the end and already has experience in running competitive campaigns. He was a prime target in 2019.

But I'm playing it safe.

GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #119 on: December 09, 2020, 03:32:03 PM »

If Carter wins the primary somehow, he's the governor. It's not 2004 anymore, y'all, and that's even ignoring the fact that the VAGOP candidate will be some nutjob who makes Carter look moderate.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #120 on: December 09, 2020, 03:42:30 PM »

With Carters military background and his persona I doubt he would end up losing the general election but it could be close with a headache and result in delegate seat losses.

Its possibly there would be some blood letting in the most upscale parts of nova and in particular fairfaix.

But he would probably pull it out at the end and already has experience in running competitive campaigns. He was a prime target in 2019.

But I'm playing it safe.

Vote how you feel id consider backing carter I'm not from VA but just vote for whoever you think would be the best governor that's how I handle my vote in CA as many others have pointed out VA has moved from being a pure tossup swing state to being a CO NM tier state if you think T-Mac would make the governor of the field than vote for him
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2020, 03:57:18 PM »

Democratic gubernatorial candidate who won't commit to repealing right-to-work despite having a Dem trifecta is... not the way forward. This isn't even necessarily an ideological point — we've seen that on-the-ground organizing carried out through unions can be a key component of any victory this cycle, with narrow wins in AZ & NV that basically pivoted on the work of UNITE HERE. Supporting right-to-work is not just bad policy, it's deliberately handicapping your ability to produce votes.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #122 on: December 09, 2020, 03:57:32 PM »

Yeah, Carroll Foy needs to switch to the Lieutenant Governor's race.

That said, I'm not as convinced Terry McAuliffe can win the Democratic Primary a second time.

He isn't Mark Warner or Tim Kaine, he has some serious ethical issues dating back to his time as a friend of the Clintons (and I'd rather not see someone connected to Bill and Hillary Clinton win anyways.)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #123 on: December 09, 2020, 03:59:00 PM »

Lee Carter is a Rose Twitter grifter, there is absolutely a reason to hate him
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #124 on: December 09, 2020, 04:03:29 PM »

Lee Carter is a Rose Twitter grifter, there is absolutely a reason to hate him
Name one reason you hate hin lol. Hes been an effective legislator in the house of delegates and got Maced during the black lives matter protests I like the guy. It seems you don't like him cause he's funny on twitter lol.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies