Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:13:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 340427 times)
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2020, 05:04:47 PM »

Looks like Gade is running for office again. Perhaps for Governor, or another statewide office in 2021?

Lol why
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2020, 08:29:08 PM »

Why would Virginia ever elect a devotee of Bigfoot erotica?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2020, 09:43:56 PM »

It will be funny if this is a long mega thread and Terry mcauliffe ends up winning by 10 to 13 points..

That is exactly what will happen if Amanda Chase is the nominee which probably has around a 40% chance of happening, and I'd say around 60% that someone like Bolling or Comstock is nominated, but T-Mac entering makes this Safe D, not in terms of margin, but in terms, of outcome.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2020, 01:20:58 PM »

Riggleman is "open to Biden admin job"

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2020, 01:21:51 PM »

Big respect to Bigfoot man
slothdem

« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2020, 03:10:51 PM »

It will be funny if this is a long mega thread and Terry mcauliffe ends up winning by 10 to 13 points..

A 10-point win by Terry is probably the most likely outcome. In a bad environment vs a solid candidate like Cox the win could be kind of close, but there's also a good chance the environment is solid for dems and he just obliterates Chase.
Duke of York

« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2020, 03:37:14 PM »

Are the chances high T-Mac runs?
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2020, 03:47:49 PM »

A 10-point win by Terry is probably the most likely outcome. In a bad environment vs a solid candidate like Cox the win could be kind of close, but there's also a good chance the environment is solid for dems and he just obliterates Chase.

Biden only won VA by 10%. Expect the Governor's race to be at least a little narrower unless Republicans give up at the starting line.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2020, 04:53:35 PM »

Can probably cross him off the list
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2020, 04:55:22 PM »

^lmao
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2020, 05:40:30 PM »

Not sad about him losing any more.
JMT

« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2020, 05:45:42 PM »

So I guess Gade isn't running for Governor:

Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2020, 07:27:20 PM »

VoteVets already exists. And I don't see the point, vets aren't especially different from the population at large, there are good vets and atrociously bad ones too. Doing a job for a couple of years doesn't magically make you a more capable legislator or public executive.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2020, 04:28:17 PM »

You can cross her name off the list
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2020, 04:33:47 PM »

Lmao, the Giuliani account she linked is a joke and not the real guy.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2020, 04:39:41 PM »

Riggleman is "open to Biden admin job"

Wiki says he was on financial service-related committees. I don't see Biden giving a Republican much influence over economic or monetary policy, but the executive branch is big enough...
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2020, 11:37:48 PM »

This idiot is a shameless Lincoln Project grifter. No thanks, but given the quality of the people Biden has appointed so far I wouldn't be surprised.
LtNOWIS

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2020, 06:23:29 PM »

VoteVets already exists. And I don't see the point, vets aren't especially different from the population at large, there are good vets and atrociously bad ones too. Doing a job for a couple of years doesn't magically make you a more capable legislator or public executive.
VoteVets is a specifically Democratic organization. AFAIK there's no GOP equivalent of any prominence, so that's a niche that could exist.

Anyways it's true that veterans are not significantly different than the general populace, in either their electoral skills or their governing/legislating skills. But the perception that they are still makes donors inclined to support them, especially in swing races. So Gade is wise to tap into that money stream.

And not just for cynical self-serving reasons. If I'm a dedicated Republican and dedicated American who has the ability to do this, it makes sense for me to take this on instead of some other idiot who will do a worse job of it. Plus as a career Army guy he probably does want more veterans in government, either because he buys into the idea that they are better on some key military/veterans issues, the vague moral idea that our leaders should have demonstrated their virtue by sleeping in a tent in a bad climate with mediocre food, or for more openly "identity politics" reasons.

It might sound like I'm dumping on those impulses, but that's been a consistent aspect of my own political identity for my entire adult life.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2020, 01:45:10 PM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Republicans are way more likely to flip New Jersey next year.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2020, 01:46:54 PM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Republicans are way more likely to flip New Jersey next year.

Yep, although they will flip neither.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2020, 01:52:42 PM »

Virginia is also likely to have the stronger Dem nominee.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2020, 01:54:33 PM »

How popular is Phil Murphy?
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2020, 02:13:52 PM »

Moderate. He has many of the same problems as Cuomo, in that he maintained an extremely strict approach to Covid well beyond when the state was in a crisis situation, horribly botched the nursing home situation, and has been caught in a few hypocrisies along the way. He'd be vulnerable if the Republicans had a candidate who could unite the opposition, peel off some centrist Dems, and avoid coming off like a wingnut...but they don't.

I'd say he has roughly a 70% chance of re-election, while McAuliffe would have a roughly 95% chance at winning his second term.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2020, 02:15:06 PM »

Moderate. He has many of the same problems as Cuomo, in that he maintained an extremely strict approach to Covid well beyond when the state was in a crisis situation, horribly botched the nursing home situation, and has been caught in a few hypocrisies along the way. He'd be vulnerable if the Republicans had a candidate who could unite the opposition, peel off some centrist Dems, and avoid coming off like a wingnut...but they don't.

I'd say he has roughly a 70% chance of re-election, while McAuliffe would have a roughly 95% chance at winning his second term.

Sounds right

Interesting in terms of the comparison to Cuomo. I'm pretty sure I'd prefer Murphy to Cuomo though.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2020, 02:46:13 PM »

Sounds right

Interesting in terms of the comparison to Cuomo. I'm pretty sure I'd prefer Murphy to Cuomo though.

Murphy is definitely the less belligerent, more compassionate of the two, although he also doesn't have to deal with De Blasio mucking things up.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies