FL-SEN 2022: Nothing to see here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 04:57:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-SEN 2022: Nothing to see here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25
Author Topic: FL-SEN 2022: Nothing to see here  (Read 31320 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: October 18, 2022, 10:25:44 PM »

I actually watched a clip of that particular exchange. Demings, whether you agree with her or not, is clearly passionate and genuine about her beliefs.
Demings is a RADICAL. The 15-Week Abortion Ban is "normal" in many of Countries of the world except of course in the United States. Germany, France, you name it have all Abortion Restrictions.

Demings came over as too angry.

This talking point is so strange to me. Just because other countries insist on restricting women's right to choose doesn't mean America should. If you're anti-choice on bullsh*it religious grounds, just say so, don't hide behind the restrictive nonsense of other countries.
You don't understand. Demings supports no Restrictions at all. She wants Abortion right up until birth. That is unfortunately the view the vast Majority of the Democratic Party holds now. That is radical and dangerous killing innocent babies.
That's an outright lie. She explicitly reiterated her support for abortion UNTIL VIABILITY in the debate. There are no prominent political figures who support "elective abortion" past that point, only for tragic situations like severe maternal or fetal health issues.
SCNCmod

« Reply #576 on: October 18, 2022, 10:37:03 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2022, 10:44:28 PM by SCNCmod »

I actually watched a clip of that particular exchange. Demings, whether you agree with her or not, is clearly passionate and genuine about her beliefs.
Demings is a RADICAL. The 15-Week Abortion Ban is "normal" in many of Countries of the world except of course in the United States. Germany, France, you name it have all Abortion Restrictions.

Demings came over as too angry.

This talking point is so strange to me. Just because other countries insist on restricting women's right to choose doesn't mean America should. If you're anti-choice on bullsh*it religious grounds, just say so, don't hide behind the restrictive nonsense of other countries.
You don't understand. Demings supports no Restrictions at all. She wants Abortion right up until birth. That is unfortunately the view the vast Majority of the Democratic Party holds now. That is radical and dangerous killing innocent babies.

Either some people do not really understand the details of the abortion debate (maybe many people on forums) or people are being purposely dishonest (as was the case tonight with Rubio regarding Demmings stance... or as was the case with Budd doing the same thing in NC regarding Beasley's stance... or as was the case in Ohio with Vance doing the same thing regading Ryan's stance).

To be clear:

No... Demings does  Not  support "no restrictions" etc etc.  As she said again tonight... She supports abortion up to viability... which is basically Roe v Wade standard/underpinning.

Let's have a little bit of Intellectual honesty in these discussions....
Dems & Republicans vote against bills- All of the Time- for various reasons, even if they agree with much of that bill. Voting against a bill is not voting for the opposite of that bill...

for instance.. voting against some bill that a  Republican brings up, that includes language about bans on various periods of late term abortions)... in no way means the Dem supports late term abortions.  Otherwise if you assume every vote against a bill, means you think the opposite of the bill- then you could basically say that every Dem & Rep is in favor of Murder and Genocide.

But again, Demings stated again tonight... that she supports what is basically the roe v wade standard.... Legal up to viability- with exceptions after in cases of the health/ life of the mother.  (this is not "supporting late term abortion"  ... its not "supporting partial birth abortion" ... and its not "supporting abortion with no restrictions")
Junior Chimp

« Reply #577 on: October 18, 2022, 11:15:42 PM »

It's not just Abortion. She holds basically the same view as Beto O'Rourke when it comes to gun rights. She wants to ban the 2nd Amendment, would support a national assault weapons ban. Bottom Line: She wants to take our guns away. She wants amnesty for everyone that came into this Country illegally. She proudly supported Obamas Executive Order on Immigration after the 2014 Midterms.
She voted for the 1.9 Trillion Rescue Package which is unfortunately the big reason everyone is suffering from record high Bidenflation. She voted 100 % with Biden since he took Office. Really, Democrats have no Record to run on.
Like they always do when Democrats backed into a corner and have no Accomplishments they turn to personal attacks.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #578 on: October 18, 2022, 11:46:05 PM »

I will say that this attack by Demings against Rubio, over the gun violence issue, stood out to me:

This and the abortion clip are the moments that led for me to say that Demings is very passionate about the issues that she believes in. I will also say that this particular moment reminded of when Cameron Kasky savaged Rubio at that CNN townhall back in 2018, in the aftermath of the Parkland shooting. That particular townhall was a disaster for Rubio, who was absolutely savaged by the Parkland students, parents, and teachers (along with Dana Loesch). Of course, they were also very friendly and receptive to Bill Nelson, Ted Deutch, and now disgraced ex Broward County Sheriff Steve Israel, with whom they aligned. Rubio did much better against Demings than he did against Kasky and the others at the townhall, but that wasn't difficult to do.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #579 on: October 18, 2022, 11:56:15 PM »

I will say that this attack by Demings against Rubio, over the gun violence issue, stood out to me:

This and the abortion clip are the moments that led for me to say that Demings is very passionate about the issues that she believes in. I will also say that this particular moment reminded of when Cameron Kasky savaged Rubio at that CNN townhall back in 2018, in the aftermath of the Parkland shooting. That particular townhall was a disaster for Rubio, who was absolutely savaged by the Parkland students, parents, and teachers (along with Dana Loesch). Of course, they were also very friendly and receptive to Bill Nelson, Ted Deutch, and now disgraced ex Broward County Sheriff Steve Israel, with whom they aligned. Rubio did much better against Demings than he did against Kasky and the others at the townhall, but that wasn't difficult to do.
The overwhelming Majority of Florida Voters though are citing Inflation/Cost of Living/Gas Prices as Issues.
So, while passionate (I grant you that) Demings picked the wrong issues. She ain't going to change overall mood from FL Voters.
Rubio consistently tied her to Biden and Biden is a big liability for Demings since he only has a 41 % JA in FL.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #580 on: October 18, 2022, 11:57:22 PM »

The overwhelming Majority of Florida Voters though are citing Inflation/Cost of Living/Gas Prices as Issues.
So, while passionate (I grant you that) Demings picked the wrong issues. She ain't going to change overall mood from FL Voters.
Rubio consistently tied her to Biden and Biden is a big liability for Demings since he only has a 41 % JA in FL.

I certainly agree that the economy is a more important issue than abortion or gun control, and there was another moment in the debate where Demings asked why Rubio kept on talking about a "barrel of oil", or something to that effect.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #581 on: October 19, 2022, 12:19:08 AM »

I certainly agree that the economy is a more important issue than abortion or gun control, and there was another moment in the debate where Demings asked why Rubio kept on talking about a "barrel of oil", or something to that effect.
Demings would never admit it BUT I am telling you: The reason the Nation has this record high inflation is the 1.9 Trillon $ Spending Rescue Package that passed Congress in early 2021. She voted for it just sayin.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #582 on: October 19, 2022, 05:34:41 AM »
« Edited: October 19, 2022, 05:40:30 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Hurricane IAN had a lot to do with it, if DEMINGS loses her or Gwen Graham can take on Vulnerable Rick Scott whom won by 0.5 last time so who cares if DEMINGS or Beasley loses FRANKEN and Ryan and McMullin are closer

Center Street Pac Kelly 54/36, Fetterman 55/36, Ryan 49/38 McMullin -1 and those polls are backed up by other polls and we have Grassley +3 Barnes and Warnock are gonna OVERPOLL DEMINGS and Beasley ANYWAYS, Hagan won because she ran against Liddy Dole not Tillis and Beasley is running against Budd whom has no negatives like Vance

Ryan is +2 in a poll that has DeWine up by 60/30, DeWine isn't winning by that much and neither is Reynolds that's why FRANKEN and Ryan are gonna win Reynolds and DeWine are gonna win 55/45, like Trump won the state of OH and IA
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #583 on: October 19, 2022, 05:45:06 AM »

Hurricane IAN REMORSEFULNESS BENEFITTING Rs are already losing steam it may not be enough Ds in FL this yr but against Scott and DEMINGS or Graham is won't benefit Rs like this yr
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #584 on: October 19, 2022, 08:30:21 AM »

If this was even the FL of 2016 or 2018, Demings would have a real shot IMO.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #585 on: October 19, 2022, 08:46:23 AM »

2018 I definitely agree with. She's running a much better campaign than Bill Nelson.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #586 on: October 19, 2022, 09:07:02 AM »

2018 I definitely agree with. She's running a much better campaign than Bill Nelson.
I agree, Demings probably would have won in 2018.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #587 on: October 19, 2022, 09:23:44 AM »

I still don't understand why Biden selected Harris as his running mate over her. Demings would have given him credibility on the law and order issue, and is clearly a better debater than Harris.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #588 on: October 19, 2022, 10:02:22 AM »

I still don't understand why Biden selected Harris as his running mate over her. Demings would have given him credibility on the law and order issue, and is clearly a better debater than Harris.

In summer 2020, lots of Democrats hadn’t realized or accepted how the “law and order” angle would play against us, and Harris got criticized for being a “cop” with a much less policish background.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #589 on: October 19, 2022, 10:25:12 AM »

If I have to read another 2016 post I'm going to have a stroke.

Anyway, I think Demings did okay, all things considered.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #590 on: October 19, 2022, 10:51:12 AM »

If I have to read another 2016 post I'm going to have a stroke.

Anyway, I think Demings did okay, all things considered.

Put him on Ignore.  Think of it as preventive healthcare. Wink
SCNCmod

« Reply #591 on: October 20, 2022, 06:06:41 AM »

I have always thought between Harris & Demings... Demings would have been the better VP candidate.  She is definitely a much better politician- and has far more appeal to Southern voters (of all races) compared to Harris.   Demings has a much higher natural likability factor imo 

(That said- I've always thought Harris is probably incredibly fun to be around in a non-public setting.  And naturally extremely charismatic, interesting and entertaining away from the public).  But for some reason (Just my take)... she seems to try to hard (or something) on the campaign trail, and seems very often be in a battle to say or come across in some predetermined persona- so it ends up coming across as inauthentic to some degree.  - rather than just being completely herself all of the time & let the chips fall where they may.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #592 on: October 20, 2022, 06:19:37 AM »
« Edited: October 20, 2022, 06:23:29 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Of course Demings looks better now than Harris, but DEMINGS can run against Rick Scott if she loses and this race hasn't been called for Rubio, yet, running in 24 is much better than 22 in a state like FL because Biden is on the ballot, as long as there aren't anymore Hurricane IAN and I doubt there is gonna be one anytime soon

That's why Newsom keeps coming up, everyone doesn't like Harris but let's remember the Biden fans like President Johnson on the forum said Harris , she could of been a star if she enforcement the border and she didn't

It won't take much for DEMINGS or Gwen Graham to defeat Rick Scott in 24 Rubio wins even in 2016 because he takes away Ds natural advantage with Latino's
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #593 on: October 21, 2022, 08:17:50 AM »

Man do liberals hate Florida.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #594 on: October 21, 2022, 09:21:00 AM »

They hate Florida because they can't understand why a state with such a large and diverse population is not Safe D. But Joy Reid is probably the most partisan host on MSNBC, and has a tendency of saying outrageous things. She's also someone who's been accused of homophobia in the past, if I'm not mistaken.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #595 on: October 21, 2022, 09:34:48 AM »

They hate Florida because they can't understand why a state with such a large and diverse population is not Safe D. But Joy Reid is probably the most partisan host on MSNBC, and has a tendency of saying outrageous things. She's also someone who's been accused of homophobia in the past, if I'm not mistaken.
Joy Reid needs to just stop and mind her own business and not attack FL.

DeSantis has done one helluva Job getting FL through this devastating Hurricane. Rubio helped as well.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #596 on: October 21, 2022, 11:38:58 AM »

Joy Reid needs to just stop and mind her own business and not attack FL.

DeSantis has done one helluva Job getting FL through this devastating Hurricane. Rubio helped as well.

Joy Reid said nothing false.
SCNCmod

« Reply #597 on: October 21, 2022, 11:43:18 PM »

Of course Demings looks better now than Harris, but DEMINGS can run against Rick Scott if she loses and this race hasn't been called for Rubio, yet, running in 24 is much better than 22 in a state like FL because Biden is on the ballot, as long as there aren't anymore Hurricane IAN and I doubt there is gonna be one anytime soon

That's why Newsom keeps coming up, everyone doesn't like Harris but let's remember the Biden fans like President Johnson on the forum said Harris , she could of been a star if she enforcement the border and she didn't

It won't take much for DEMINGS or Gwen Graham to defeat Rick Scott in 24 Rubio wins even in 2016 because he takes away Ds natural advantage with Latino's

I definitely agree regarding why Rubio is so tough to beat (by winning just enough Dem Latino voters) - which is why his senate races seem to be fool's gold for Dems. That said- I think he is weakens to some extent with each election.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #598 on: October 21, 2022, 11:53:27 PM »

I definitely agree regarding why Rubio is so tough to beat (by winning just enough Dem Latino voters) - which is why his senate races seem to be fool's gold for Dems. That said- I think he is weakens to some extent with each election.

Demings is a more formidable candidate than either Murphy or Meek (the two prior Democratic nominees), and certainly more so than Crist (who she shares a ballot with this year). But Rubio remains a decently popular incumbent, it is a Republican-leaning year in a Republican-leaning state, and he will be benefited by DeSantis' coattails. I imagine that Rubio will improve in Southeast Florida compared to 2016, especially since Demings is not from that part of the state.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #599 on: October 22, 2022, 07:31:01 AM »

DEMINGS even if DeSantis wind has a good chance of pulling this off Bernie is campaigning in WI NV and FL
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies