AZ-SEN 2022 Megathread: Mastering the Art of the Thiel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 06:18:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2022 Megathread: Mastering the Art of the Thiel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 33
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2022 Megathread: Mastering the Art of the Thiel  (Read 45991 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: November 13, 2021, 03:52:12 PM »

Is this REALLY the hill these people want to die on? Kelly is certainly far from unbeatable, but this is what we mean when we say the GOP could nominate someone who might blow it.
Important to note that he's not saying anything about ballots in that video, rather he's talking about how one sided social media censorship made the election unfair from the beginning, which is factually true.
So much censorship. I mean all Trump had was the most watched cable news network, 95% of everything political related on YouTube and Hunter Biden trending on Twitter every day. So much censorship 😭

Hunter Biden was trending on Twitter because they didn't allow you to share a factual article because it was falsely claimed by corporate media to be "Russian disinformation".

And yes, there's one giant right-wing news network. Plus a few others like Daily Wire, NYPost, and Newsmax. Every other big news outlet + [and this is significant] all the tech giants (YT, Twitter, Facebook) all are pretty much the mouthpieces of establishment Democrats. Twitter running anti-Rittenhouse news articles in the "What's Happening" bar is just the weekly example of left-wing propaganda they promote.
Again 95% of YouTube politically commentary is far-right and pro-Trump and if you are seriously arguing that Facebook suppresses pro-Trump content then you seriously are living in a alternate reality to the rest of us

Uh huh

And I'm the one who lives in an alternate reality.

Trump is literally purged from every single tech site. Facebook bans you for suggesting covid could've been found in a lab, or any other "conspiracy theory" (before it becomes true). Twitter promotes left-wing articles from establishment outlets every day. The latest is shaming America for its spending habits and suggesting we should live like Europeans. You literally can't type in the words "Kyle Rittenhouse did nothing wrong" without getting a suspension because their algorithm thinks that's glorifying violence. YouTube promotes woke videos that talk about progressive politics on race and LGBTQ topics. They promote Dr Fauci and his covid politics. They are moving to remove the display of dislikes from videos, probably because every White House and corporate media channel gets showered in dislikes. I can go on and on. The user base of these platforms also leans left compared to the overall country (because they tend to be younger and more upper class) with the exception of Facebook which is a bit more conservative but most accurately reflects the country. Twitter users and everything else is way left of the country.

For Democrats to pretend like they don't have these institutions in their back pocket at this point is damn near self-victimizing. I would just embrace it. They are the party of the institutions. I guess it's to hide the shame that they still can't win in a landslide with all of it + media + academia on their side.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #201 on: January 02, 2022, 07:36:09 AM »

https://twitter.com/bgmasters/status/1477366045748854785

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-rally-arizona-2022-florence-1664581

Trump very likely endorsing Blake Masters in his rally coming up. Good move imo, he's clearly a better candidate than Brnovich, on the issues and in terms of running a good campaign.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #202 on: January 02, 2022, 05:23:10 PM »

The Rs haven't been to the forefront like McCain that's why the polls show a slight Mark Kelly lead in order to beat Mark Kelly you have to have a Rick Scott candidate someone like a Governor, and Ducey and McCain are gone
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #203 on: January 02, 2022, 07:42:40 PM »

I honestly think Masters would lose to Kelly. Masters is everything the Arizona GOP dreams of - and that’s not typically how Arizona votes in recent times.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #204 on: January 02, 2022, 08:23:17 PM »

I honestly think Masters would lose to Kelly. Masters is everything the Arizona GOP dreams of - and that’s not typically how Arizona votes in recent times.
Masters presents himself as more of a moderate than Brnovich. His optics are fantastic.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #205 on: January 02, 2022, 08:24:25 PM »

Masters presents himself as more of a moderate than Brnovich. His optics are fantastic.

Kelly's going to lose either way.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #206 on: January 02, 2022, 08:45:29 PM »

Another thing to keep in mind is that Kelly is a veteran, as is Brnovich.

Masters does not have a military background, and veterans are a big part of the electorate in AZ.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #207 on: January 03, 2022, 12:39:18 AM »

Kelly's going to lose either way.

You know that's not true IPSOS HAS BIDEN AT 52/48, we can keep our Senate majority
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.39, S: -7.74

« Reply #208 on: January 03, 2022, 04:12:59 PM »

"America’s most powerful institutions conspired to manipulate the 2020 election. Donald Trump should be president today."

This is moderate? Okay then.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #209 on: January 03, 2022, 05:48:55 PM »

"America’s most powerful institutions conspired to manipulate the 2020 election. Donald Trump should be president today."

Agreed. Moderate he is not.

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #210 on: January 03, 2022, 06:01:46 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2022, 09:07:15 PM by Roll Roons »

Masters' campaign just seems like a total mismatch for the state he's in. Arizona is not a very socially conservative state (even Goldwater was pro-choice) and I really don't think swing voters in Maricopa want to hear any more BS about "audits" and how akshually Trump won.

Brnovich isn't necessarily a lock either, but he'd be a much better bet as long as he doesn't bend too far towards the Gosar types in the primary.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #211 on: January 03, 2022, 09:26:40 PM »

Masters' campaign just seems like a total mismatch for the state he's in. Arizona is not a very socially conservative state (even Goldwater was pro-choice) and I really don't think swing voters in Maricopa want to hear any more BS about "audits" and how akshually Trump won.

Brnovich isn't necessarily a lock either, but he'd be a much better bet as long as he doesn't bend too far towards the Gosar types in the primary.
You do realize that right now he's running for the primary?
He'll turn towards the centre in the GE
Cyrusman
« Reply #212 on: January 04, 2022, 01:25:32 PM »

From the ads I’ve seen of masters he seems pretty elequent   and soft spoken. Not like Trump at all. Also unlike Trump he isn’t talking sh**t on McCain and has a much friendlier environment
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #213 on: January 04, 2022, 02:17:02 PM »

Yes. He's not talking about the ballots, rather big tech censorship and MSM influence leading up to the election.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #214 on: January 04, 2022, 03:01:36 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2022, 03:06:10 PM by xavier110 »

Eh, swing voters in Maricopa aren’t gonna decide this primary, lol. He is prob the front runner, especially if the former guy endorses him, which he will.

His weakness remains being Thiel’s right hand man. He could be easily caricatured worse than Romney in 2012 as some out of touch, cold, lizard-like techno-plutocrat. Dems would just have to pounce on any moment that really exemplifies this or shows his two faced ness, preaching populism while cavorting with billionaires. But I also think he’s a superior candidate to Brno, who pleases no one and is incredibly awkward.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #215 on: January 07, 2022, 11:04:34 AM »

All the R Naysayers about AZ Senate and Brnovich picking up this seat not factual Kelly raised 9 M dollars

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kelly-raises-nearly-9-million-150330278.html
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.39, S: -7.74

« Reply #216 on: January 07, 2022, 02:03:30 PM »

Yes. He's not talking about the ballots, rather big tech censorship and MSM influence leading up to the election.

LOL, yeah, okay then. Trump lost, fair and square.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #217 on: January 07, 2022, 07:25:08 PM »

Well if Kelly loses, it will not because of a lack of money:
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #218 on: January 07, 2022, 07:41:17 PM »

Agreed. However, if the 2020 elections taught me anything, it's that fundraising means next to nothing.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #219 on: January 07, 2022, 07:57:51 PM »

Agreed. However, if the 2020 elections taught me anything, it's that fundraising means next to nothing.

To be specific it has diminishing returns. TX 15th was close and Monica De La Cruz raised 300k. Meanwhile in the demographically identical TX 34th Vela's opponent only raised like 30k.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #220 on: January 07, 2022, 10:17:12 PM »

Yes, but Masters is a terrible candidate in the sense that the Kelly campaign can obliterate him with negative ads a la Mitt Romney 2012
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #221 on: January 07, 2022, 10:47:25 PM »

Gideon lead in fundraising is because ME doesn't have up or down voting they had ranked choice voting, that's on the ballot in NV this Nov
.that's the only way Collins got another term she was trailing in all the polls and she wasn't Filibustering Voting Rights because it wasn't on Trump agenda in 2020 she will lose in 26, watch
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #222 on: January 11, 2022, 05:13:59 PM »

Hearing through the DC rumor mill that Mark Brnovich's campaign is apparently in serious trouble: struggling to raise money, dropped by his pollster, unable to get on the air.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #223 on: January 11, 2022, 05:32:09 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2022, 05:41:51 PM by S019 »

Hearing through the DC rumor mill that Mark Brnovich's campaign is apparently in serious trouble: struggling to raise money, dropped by his pollster, unable to get on the air.

If true, this is obviously a big boost to Lamon, Masters, and the other non-Brnovich candidates in this case. Also probably good news for Kelly, because as I said earlier this is a real chance that a non-Brnovich candidate could blow this race, even if some continue to disagree.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #224 on: January 11, 2022, 06:04:07 PM »

The Rs are the Underdogs against Kelly ANYWAYS
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to: