NH-SEN 2022 Megathread: General Dysfunction
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 09:15:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NH-SEN 2022 Megathread: General Dysfunction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 31
Author Topic: NH-SEN 2022 Megathread: General Dysfunction  (Read 42141 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2021, 04:50:55 PM »

Would Hassan be considered DOA at this point after voting against the $15 dollar minimum wage?
But a Republican would vote against it too. Would Hassan beat Corey Lewandowski?

Corey seems too pro-Trump to win any election there outside of a local race in the rural parts of the state. Maybe Sununu beats her (albeit narrowly), but outside of him, I don't think there's much for her to worry about outside of a progressive/pro $15 primary challenger.
Which would be an underdog, all other things being equal.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2021, 04:55:46 PM »

What are the odds of Corey Lewandowski winning the GOP primary?

He'll definitely have an easier job of getting the MAGA base behind him, but Sununu seems too popular for Lewandowski to beat. Could definitely have the potential to be a competitive primary though.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2021, 04:57:52 PM »

He'll definitely have an easier job of getting the MAGA base behind him, but Sununu seems too popular for Lewandowski to beat. Could definitely have the potential to be a competitive primary though.
If Sununu doesn't run, isn't Lewandowski heavily favored to be the nominee if he runs?
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2021, 04:59:07 PM »

If Sununu doesn't run, isn't Lewandowski heavily favored to be the nominee if he runs?

I think so. Doesn't mean he'll beat Hassan though.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2021, 05:01:53 PM »

I think so. Doesn't mean he'll beat Hassan though.
I can't imagine him beating Hassan. A recent poll showed him losing to Hassan by double digits.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2021, 05:56:04 PM »

Would Hassan be considered DOA at this point after voting against the $15 dollar minimum wage?
No, neither in the primary nor the general.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2021, 06:35:06 PM »

No?

Uhhh...Why.....?
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2021, 06:45:23 PM »

It doesn't help her chances.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2021, 07:00:40 PM »

If Trump really wanted to sabotage the GOP and get revenge on Mitch, he'd slander Sununu and endorse Lewandowski for this race, getting Lewandowksi the nomination.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2021, 07:10:02 PM »

Yeah I will never understand who is consulting these ppl to vote unpopular policies just so they can call themselves a "moderate"

I think her inability to clearly articulate what moves her and what her agenda is will make her very vulnerable to Sununu, but sadly not in a primary. Tossup w/o him, Lean R w/
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2021, 07:31:08 PM »

Yeah I will never understand who is consulting these ppl to vote unpopular policies just so they can call themselves a "moderate"

I think her inability to clearly articulate what moves her and what her agenda is will make her very vulnerable to Sununu, but sadly not in a primary. Tossup w/o him, Lean R w/
You think Lewandowski could beat Hassan?
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2021, 07:36:55 PM »

No, because it wasn't passing anyway.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2021, 09:06:47 PM »

No. As much as I'd love everyone in my state to vote like me, the good people of NH don't vote like me.
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2021, 09:51:20 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2021, 10:01:16 PM by BudgieForce »

I don't think so.

Hassan's biggest threat right now is the moderate republican governor who is going to attack her for being too liberal.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2021, 09:59:35 PM »

Likely D if Sununu loses the primary or doesn't run.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2021, 10:54:48 PM »

Hassen is gonna lose If she faces Sununu, Sununu vetoed the minimum wage and she voted Against the Minimum wage, I hope it was worth it Hassan, bye
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2021, 03:31:50 PM »

This is some Manchin-tier stuff

https://www.wmur.com/article/nh-primary-source-sununu-slams-as-foolish-rick-scotts-call-for-governors-to-reject-covid-funds/35868999

“While the governor had serious concerns that more than half of the spending in the relief package wasn’t targeted to COVID, he considers the call to refuse the stimulus money to be foolish,” said Sununu spokesperson Ben Vihstadt.

“Rejecting these funds would only ensure that California, New York and New Jersey would make out with even more of New Hampshire taxpayer dollars. The governor will always find innovative, financially-sound ways to put federal funds to use.”

Scott and Sununu are generally on good terms, so I wouldn’t be surprised if (at the very least) part of this was staged.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2021, 03:41:16 PM »

Don't MT Treasurer know better that Maggie Hassan is gonna bring in reinforcements in Jeanne Shaheen to campaign for her, Shaheen has not lost a race before and will be recruited to help out Hassan, Biden won NH by seven and in 600 days Hassan with help of Shaheen will win by seven

He should know better about Shaheen and Hassan relationship, it's the same as Fetterman and Bob Casey Jr
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2021, 03:49:11 PM »

Don't MT Treasurer know better that Maggie Hassan is gonna bring in reinforcements in Jeanne Shaheen to campaign for her, Shaheen has not lost a race before and will be recruited to help out Hassan, Biden won NH by seven and in 600 days Hassan with help of Shaheen will win by seven

He should know better about Shaheen and Hassan relationship, it's the same as Fetterman and Bob Casey Jr

Ehhhh, it won't matter. Sununu is a popular governor, Hassan's approvals are middling, and if normal midterm dynamics repeat, 2022 would be at least a somewhat R leaning year, couple that with the fact that NH usually swings by more than the national environment, and you could have a situation, where Hassan faces quite an uphill battle.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2021, 03:51:51 PM »

Sununu is popular as Gov, he is at 46 percent in the polls against Hassan, that isn't gonna cut it in 600 days

He has to win at 50 percent not 46 percent
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2021, 03:55:25 PM »

Sununu is popular as Gov, he is at 46 percent in the polls against Hassan, that isn't gonna cut it in 600 days

He has to win at 50 percent not 46 percent

It becomes much easier for Sununu to win the undecideds than Hassan if 2022 ends up being an R favored year, which it probably will be, as he can mostly just coast based on the national environment.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2021, 03:57:10 PM »

I would also add that 2014 Shaheen was in the same position as HASSAN against Scott Brown, and Brown was just as popular as Sununu and look what happened in an Obama Midterms, Brown lost, it's too early to determine a race that will be very close

600 days or less
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2021, 05:10:48 PM »

https://www.wmur.com/article/nh-primary-source-sununu-slams-as-foolish-rick-scotts-call-for-governors-to-reject-covid-funds/35868999

“While the governor had serious concerns that more than half of the spending in the relief package wasn’t targeted to COVID, he considers the call to refuse the stimulus money to be foolish,” said Sununu spokesperson Ben Vihstadt.

“Rejecting these funds would only ensure that California, New York and New Jersey would make out with even more of New Hampshire taxpayer dollars. The governor will always find innovative, financially-sound ways to put federal funds to use.”

Scott and Sununu are generally on good terms, so I wouldn’t be surprised if (at the very least) part of this was staged.

Oh, this was definitely staged. Sununu is just as right-wing as the rest of them.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2021, 08:19:36 PM »

Oh, this was definitely staged. Sununu is just as right-wing as the rest of them.

More socially liberal though. Probably what helps him get elected in New Hampshire anyways.

On the other hand I think he’s the only northeastern republican governor to endorse Trump?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2021, 12:21:11 AM »

Just remember the Scott Brown effect, in 2014, popular moderate trying to defeat an INCUMBENT Senator Shaheen and he lost, Hassan isn't losing

Same with Sununu popular moderate trying to defeat an INCUMBENT
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies