Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:47:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 ... 250
Author Topic: Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0  (Read 292683 times)
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3750 on: December 23, 2021, 01:15:07 PM »

I believe that Biden’s approval is merely stabilizing somewhere between the high thirties and low to mid forties or so. Fairly similar to Trump’s, actually.

No. Biden's is -6.6 on average right now in the 538 tracker. Trumps was -19 on this day in 2017.

Trump’s approvals on average were -6 to -15 or so. That is similar to Biden’s current levels of approval. And I won’t even get into the way certain polls are skewed.

Incidentally, I am also of the belief that the takes about Biden’s “rebound” will age rather poorly due to the all of the structural problems still remaining, but we shall see.

Heh. Ever since I posted this statement, Biden has gone from -6 to -10. I atleast didn’t expect this to happen until after Christmas.

I get vindicated once again.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3751 on: December 23, 2021, 01:21:23 PM »

I know RS are anxious about 2022 but the EC map isnt based on today it's based on the end result, PA, WI and NC Senate in 2016/2020 we're within 1.5 percentage pts and Josh Mandel is Avery weak candidate, D's only need a blue wave to keep the H and 52 plus seats gives us DC Statehood

We don't have to win FL but Crist has a better chance than Deming's Split voting

Biden won't be at 40 percent Approvals after COVID disappears after Flu season we opened up in April last yr and we're all vaccinated
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3752 on: December 23, 2021, 01:24:34 PM »

But if we lose in 22 Biden and Harris won't be frontrunners Pete Buttigieg and Tim Ryan if he loses in 22 will be since Harris is weak in IA we will have a new nominee and better one for 24
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3753 on: December 23, 2021, 04:37:40 PM »

Republicans on the whole are going to get hit unusually hard for kissing up to Donald Trump, for bungling the response to COVID-19, and for mealy-mouthed positions on the Capitol Putsch. Such will not be so for all; most are in safe seats, and some are clean. COVID-19 itself is hitting R-leaning voters hard, which will remove some voters from the electorate.

By 2024 the GOP will regret that it has far fewer people like Mitt Romney and Elizabeth Cheney. The GOP used to have respect for education and expertise. That is over. Can you believe that Eisenhower had a landslide among people with college degrees in the 1950's and that Barry Goldwater won a majority  of college grads despite being defeated in a landslide?

The next effective Republican nominee for President might act much more like Obama than like Trump. Let me suggest something from a thread posting that I love to cite:

When all is said and done, I think that the Obama and Eisenhower Presidencies are going to look like good analogues. Both Presidents are chilly rationalists. Both are practically scandal-free administrations. Both started with a troublesome war that both found their way out of. Neither did much to 'grow' the strength of their Parties in either House of Congress. To compare ISIS to Fidel Castro is completely unfair to Fidel Castro, a gentleman by contrast to ISIS.

The definitive moderate Republican may have been Dwight Eisenhower, and I have heard plenty of Democrats praise the Eisenhower Presidency. He went along with Supreme Court rulings that outlawed segregationist practices, stayed clear of the McCarthy bandwagon, and let McCarthy implode.

gray -- did not vote in 1952 or 1956
white -- Eisenhower twice, Obama twice
deep blue -- Republican all four elections
light blue -- Republican all but 2012 (I assume that greater Omaha went for Ike twice)
light green -- Eisenhower once, Stevenson once, Obama never
dark green -- Stevenson twice, Obama never
pink -- Stevenson twice, Obama once

No state voted Democratic all four times, so no state is in deep red.

Another post

The pattern holds in 2020, although the map is messier:

.... Trump really did get more votes in 2020 than in 2016 in total, but not enough to offset new Democratic votes in 2020.  This "retrodiction" is almost as accurate as anyone could have predicted. I got 17 electoral votes 'wrong' (Georgia and NE-02) in this model of an election that I thought that Trump was going to lose in a landslide.

Electoral votes can be ignored, as those are for 2008.    

gray -- did not vote in 1952 or 1956
white -- Eisenhower twice, Obama twice, Biden 2020
yellow -- Eisenhower twice, Obama once, Biden 2020
red -- Eisenhower twice, Obama twice, Trump 2020
pink -- Stevenson twice, Obama once, Trump 2020
light orange -- Eisenhower twice, Obama never, Biden 2020
medium orange -- Stevenson twice, Obama never, Biden 2020
deep blue -- Republican all five elections
light blue -- Republican all but 2012 (I assume that greater Omaha went for Ike twice)
light green -- Eisenhower once, Stevenson once, Obama never
dark green -- Stevenson twice, Obama never, Trump 2020
pink -- Stevenson twice, Obama once, Trump 2020

No state voted Democratic all four five times, so no state is in deep red.

Any questions?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3754 on: December 23, 2021, 05:27:27 PM »

This whole thread has turned into a competition to see which side can cherrypick the most polls that fit their narrative lmfao.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3755 on: December 23, 2021, 05:34:08 PM »

It will devolve to demographics. I would like to believe that Democrats will successfully exploit disdain for the Capitol Putsch, acquiescence with Donald Trump, and anyone (almost entirely GOP) who bungled the response to COVID-19. Some people can excuse anything. Don't ask what would have to be excused on the Left side, as I want none of that $#!+ messing up this country.

Some of our elected officials belong in prison for manslaughter for their handling of COVID-19.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3756 on: December 23, 2021, 06:40:42 PM »

More evidence of the Biden Comeback! THANK YOU NEW HAMPSHIRE!

Angry NH women.

I mean, yes...

Among NH women: +41 (70% Approve, 29% Disapprove)
Among NH men: -42 (29% Approve, 71% Disapprove)

https://scholars.unh.edu/survey_center_polls/682/
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3757 on: December 23, 2021, 06:58:17 PM »

Rs base their ratings now, but polls are futuristic and no one knows for sure what Biden Approvals will be on Election day

I have said this over and over again it's a 304 map until we lose it we probably get up to 80 M votes like last time it's not same day voting
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3758 on: December 23, 2021, 07:08:25 PM »

D's are just as likely to lose MI, PA, WI based on a PPP shoes that as likely as Rs lose OH, NC or FL or a Mason Dixon poll shows that it's a 304/234 blue wall map until a blue or red wave in October

Not December and Laxalt and Walker are only ahead 3/4 pts well within the margin of error

Just like SUNUNU was up 3/4 points he didn't want to lose his political career bye losing I'm a 5 pt lead race to Hassan
Hollywood
« Reply #3759 on: December 24, 2021, 07:27:13 AM »

Axios-Ipsos Poll of Hispanic Adults

"Do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of Joe Biden?"

Favorable - 53%
Unfavorable - 35%
Don't Know / Skipped - 12%
Favorable + 18%

1,064 Hispanic Adults living throughout the nation were surveyed between December 02 and December 14, 2021.
The margin of error is ±3.8 percentage points at the 95% confidence level.

This pollster has a B- Rating from FiveThirtyEight:

In the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election, it underestimated the Republican margin by 2.5%
In the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election in AZ, it underestimated the Republican margin by 1.7%
In the 2020 U.S. Senate Election in AZ, it underestimated the Republican margin by 6.7%
In the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election in FL, it underestimated the Republican margin by 7.4%

So much for the allegedly-strong and swift (Atlas) Red shift of Hispanic voters nationwide. The Trump campaign and the GOP front groups were pushing a Red (as in Marxist-Leninist) scare on Spanish-language media especially in Florida, and that ha gone quiet. I would expect Hispanic voters of all kinds to drift R as their economic conditions improve. Note also the heavy intermarriage by Hispanics with non-Hispanic white people, which has already changed the "ethnic" meaning of "Hispanic". With persons born to such mixed marriages, the issue is not so much appearance as culture.

I call BS.  If you dig through the numbers, you'll find that almost half of the respondents did not vote in 2020.  Only 66% said they could vote, and the other 'did not know' or were 'inapplicable/unregistered'.  Over 50% received news from the internet or Spanish Television stations, and they never indicate the percentage of voters in each generation. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3760 on: December 24, 2021, 08:22:34 AM »

Hollywood and many Rs don't believe that Hillary won 65M/62 and Biden won 80M/74 and Blks, Latinos make up 30 percent of the D vote and 20 percent of non Evangelical White men and Females make up the remainder of the 50 of the vote of course outside of TX and FL all Minorities including females are Liberal and in TX and FL and OH blacks store still 90/9  devoted to Ds including Asians and Muslims and mixed races

We don't have to get 80 M this Midterm but Biden has an easy path to get 50 percent to Rs 45 percent the only PVI the Rs have won is the House 16/20 abd that was due to Lewinsky from 1995/2007 the Senate has been evenly split between the parties that's why Ds have a g9od chance of having a 52/48 S bye netting WI and PA
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3761 on: December 24, 2021, 09:38:13 AM »

The problem with Biden polls is that minority turnout was especially high especially during GA Runoffs because Stimulus as well as unemployment 3oo was provided to everyone, there aren't anymore UBI except for Child tax credits, which disadvantages Seniors, Disabled and 18/29 that have zero dependents under 18

D's aren't gonna get 80M votes that's what's wrong with Biden polls in a Midterm he will get less in the 65M range but he can still get 50% to duplicate a 304 map  or 278/291 map the exact number he needs to win reelection

WI, MI, PA gets us to 268 and VA, AZ and GA gets us to 278/291/304
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3762 on: December 24, 2021, 04:50:33 PM »

Racial Breakdown 15/15/20 Blks/Latinos and Mixed and Asian and Muslims and Non Evangelical whites make up 50% of D and Evangelical whites makeup 45% of the R vote especially White men so Latinos breaking with D's is hogwash

The same 304/234 map the Biden won which will be replicated as of now but there can be a blue or red wave come October
Hollywood
« Reply #3763 on: December 24, 2021, 05:26:28 PM »

Hollywood and many Rs don't believe that Hillary won 65M/62 and Biden won 80M/74 and Blks, Latinos make up 30 percent of the D vote and 20 percent of non Evangelical White men and Females make up the remainder of the 50 of the vote of course outside of TX and FL all Minorities including females are Liberal and in TX and FL and OH blacks store still 90/9  devoted to Ds including Asians and Muslims and mixed races

We don't have to get 80 M this Midterm but Biden has an easy path to get 50 percent to Rs 45 percent the only PVI the Rs have won is the House 16/20 abd that was due to Lewinsky from 1995/2007 the Senate has been evenly split between the parties that's why Ds have a g9od chance of having a 52/48 S bye netting WI and PA

Except McAuliffe only got 55% of Biden's vote while Youngkin received 85% of Trump's vote in an election where Biden's approvals were 46-53%.  The biggest factor in the race in terms of turnout and core enthusiasm was the fact that 45% of the electorate strongly disapproved of Biden.  Civiqs, Rasmussen and Trafalgar are right on the money with state and national numbers.  

Avg with Civiqs:
GA = 32-55
OH = 31-61
PA = 39-54
WI = 38-54
NV = 37-56
MI = 38-54
NC = 36-57

National Avg Civq/Trafalgar/Rasmussen = 39-55% with 46% strongly disapproving nationally.  

We don't even have nominees yet and I still think Democrats would be lucky to hang on to 48 Senate Seats.  
Hollywood
« Reply #3764 on: December 24, 2021, 05:52:06 PM »

Racial Breakdown 15/15/20 Blks/Latinos and Mixed and Asian and Muslims and Non Evangelical whites make up 50% of D and Evangelical whites makeup 45% of the R vote especially White men so Latinos breaking with D's is hogwash

The same 304/234 map the Biden won which will be replicated as of now but there can be a blue or red wave come October

LOL You're F-ing hysterical.  If whites make up 45% of Rs Nationally, as they did in VA, then Democrats will be crying on election night. All they would need is  25% Hispanic, 25% Asian, 10% AA, 40% Mixed to cross 52%, and that would be underperforming Trump. 

Get it through your think F-ing skull... The Democrat path of victory in 2020 was based on pulling enough Independent conservative white (to a lesser extent hispanic) voters from the suburbs in PA, GA, WI, NC, AZ, and MI.  You might have had us in FL if the Jews, Cubans, Asians, and Suburban Whites in Broward hadn't shaved off the margin.  The reason Biden was the nominee is white people,  and the reason Democrats will lose in 2022 is white people. 
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3765 on: December 24, 2021, 06:06:23 PM »

More evidence of the Biden Comeback! THANK YOU NEW HAMPSHIRE!

Angry NH women.

I mean, yes...

Angry NH women about to secede and create a liberal utopia.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3766 on: December 24, 2021, 06:12:10 PM »

Except McAuliffe only got 55% of Biden's vote while Youngkin received 85% of Trump's vote in an election where Biden's approvals were 46-53%.  The biggest factor in the race in terms of turnout and core enthusiasm was the fact that 45% of the electorate strongly disapproved of Biden.  Civiqs, Rasmussen and Trafalgar are right on the money with state and national numbers.  

Avg with Civiqs:
GA = 32-55
OH = 31-61
PA = 39-54
WI = 38-54
NV = 37-56
MI = 38-54
NC = 36-57

National Avg Civq/Trafalgar/Rasmussen = 39-55% with 46% strongly disapproving nationally.  

We don't even have nominees yet and I still think Democrats would be lucky to hang on to 48 Senate Seats.  

Fetterman is ahead in PA 44/42 and Warnock is behind 49/48 so just because Biden Approvals are low don't mean they match exactly with Ds

The reason why we won 2020 TRUMP screwed up Covid
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3767 on: December 24, 2021, 07:39:33 PM »

I mean, yes...

Angry NH women about to secede and create a liberal utopia.

As long as NH women don’t become your (our) instruction manual, I’m fine with the Orwellian status quo.
Hollywood
« Reply #3768 on: December 24, 2021, 09:18:39 PM »

Avg with Civiqs:
GA = 32-55
OH = 31-61
PA = 39-54
WI = 38-54
NV = 37-56
MI = 38-54
NC = 36-57

Fetterman is ahead in PA 44/42 and Warnock is behind 49/48 so just because Biden Approvals are low don't mean they match exactly with Ds

I never said it would be exact.  Also, we won't have good state poll numbers until the nominees are settled, voters get a chance to meet the candidates, and issues are defined. 

Trump never screwed up Covid.  In fact, he actually did very well in comparison to Cuomo, who killed his own people and tried hiding the evidence. If the vaccines come out a two weeks earlier, Trump is likely still the President.  Biden really has no excuses after Trump gifted him the vaccines and a recovering economy. 

If Biden had succeeded on one major issue (just one), he'd be ahead in the polls.  But he's F-ed Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia (gas), Border Crises, supply chains, inflation, the Russian-Eureopean pipeline, Russian Aggression, Texas Energy Crises, Crime, student loan extensions, the BBB, etc., etc., etc.  Everyday, I hear another hardcore Democrat ask the question, "Who's really President?"  I think 70% of Democrats want to switch him out, because they know he's not up for the job. 

I mean just two weeks ago you morons were celebrating lower gas prices as if he had some control over the Omicron variant cause global shutdowns, restrictions, and restrictions (consequently lowering gas prices).  This week the Adminsitration claimed that they saved Christmas cause people were getting their Presents on time, and also claimed that the supply chain crisis was a figment of everyone's imagination. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3769 on: December 24, 2021, 11:44:32 PM »

Avg with Civiqs:
GA = 32-55
OH = 31-61
PA = 39-54
WI = 38-54
NV = 37-56
MI = 38-54
NC = 36-57

I never said it would be exact.  Also, we won't have good state poll numbers until the nominees are settled, voters get a chance to meet the candidates, and issues are defined.  

Trump never screwed up Covid.  In fact, he actually did very well in comparison to Cuomo, who killed his own people and tried hiding the evidence. If the vaccines come out a two weeks earlier, Trump is likely still the President.  Biden really has no excuses after Trump gifted him the vaccines and a recovering economy.  

If Biden had succeeded on one major issue (just one), he'd be ahead in the polls.  But he's F-ed Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia (gas), Border Crises, supply chains, inflation, the Russian-Eureopean pipeline, Russian Aggression, Texas Energy Crises, Crime, student loan extensions, the BBB, etc., etc., etc.  Everyday, I hear another hardcore Democrat ask the question, "Who's really President?"  I think 70% of Democrats want to switch him out, because they know he's not up for the job.  

I mean just two weeks ago you morons were celebrating lower gas prices as if he had some control over the Omicron variant cause global shutdowns, restrictions, and restrictions (consequently lowering gas prices).  This week the Adminsitration claimed that they saved Christmas cause people were getting their Presents on time, and also claimed that the supply chain crisis was a figment of everyone's imagination.  

Lol the Rs are Filibustering everything and Manchin and Sinema have been going along with it on Jan 17th it's D Day for Voting Rights and we will see if D's get it done but if the don't they can still solidify the Senate but the House needs Voting Rights to pass

After Voting Rights is passed Biden will negotiate with Manchin with BBB

Omnicrom will be over in April after flu season but we still are gonna be wearing masks COVID won't disappear
Hollywood
« Reply #3770 on: December 24, 2021, 11:53:38 PM »

Avg with Civiqs:
GA = 32-55
OH = 31-61
PA = 39-54
WI = 38-54
NV = 37-56
MI = 38-54
NC = 36-57

I never said it would be exact.  Also, we won't have good state poll numbers until the nominees are settled, voters get a chance to meet the candidates, and issues are defined.  

Trump never screwed up Covid.  In fact, he actually did very well in comparison to Cuomo, who killed his own people and tried hiding the evidence. If the vaccines come out a two weeks earlier, Trump is likely still the President.  Biden really has no excuses after Trump gifted him the vaccines and a recovering economy.  

If Biden had succeeded on one major issue (just one), he'd be ahead in the polls.  But he's F-ed Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia (gas), Border Crises, supply chains, inflation, the Russian-Eureopean pipeline, Russian Aggression, Texas Energy Crises, Crime, student loan extensions, the BBB, etc., etc., etc.  Everyday, I hear another hardcore Democrat ask the question, "Who's really President?"  I think 70% of Democrats want to switch him out, because they know he's not up for the job.  

I mean just two weeks ago you morons were celebrating lower gas prices as if he had some control over the Omicron variant cause global shutdowns, restrictions, and restrictions (consequently lowering gas prices).  This week the Adminsitration claimed that they saved Christmas cause people were getting their Presents on time, and also claimed that the supply chain crisis was a figment of everyone's imagination.  

Lol the Rs are Filibustering everything and Manchin and Sinema have been going along with it on Jan 17th it's D Day for Voting Rights and we will see if D's get it done but if the don't they can still solidify the Senate but the House needs Voting Rights to pass

Omnicrom will be over in April after flu season but we still are gonna be wearing masks COVID won't disappear

LOL OH Yeah?  I'm just gonna put that that down on my long list of Mandella's absurdly wrong predictions and broken dreams.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3771 on: December 25, 2021, 05:55:42 AM »
« Edited: December 25, 2021, 05:59:53 AM by Mr. MANDELA BARNES »

Avg with Civiqs:
GA = 32-55
OH = 31-61
PA = 39-54
WI = 38-54
NV = 37-56
MI = 38-54
NC = 36-57

LOL OH Yeah?  I'm just gonna put that that down on my long list of Mandella's absurdly wrong predictions and broken dreams.

We fully opened last yr  after COVID and there is so much time between now and Election day 22/24

But, I am not Donating to Act blue it's foolish to donate now when Biden Approvals are so low, even middle class people aren't donating there are zero volunteer opportunities on the D's website like phone banking, I checked, already
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3772 on: December 25, 2021, 03:43:03 PM »

If the Election today Pbower we would be wiped out we would lose the Senate and the House Fox news is boldly predicting a title wave

When have we have splits in H and S 2010/2018 in the 2006/2014 Midterms the House and Senate both flipped

Biden Approvals haven't been 57 percent since we won the Cali recall and we have been losing since then

The compiled map is right it's an R wave
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #3773 on: December 25, 2021, 06:42:58 PM »

EastwoodS

« Reply #3774 on: December 26, 2021, 01:52:31 AM »

Bottomless pit
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 ... 250  
« previous next »
Jump to: