Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:23:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 ... 226
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 270114 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2325 on: January 05, 2021, 01:10:45 AM »

AJC is a center-left, or at least anti-trump, paper.

I find it extremely hard to believe they would sit on a poll because they think it would be an outlier.

respected papers don't do that. The story is either outright false, or the newspaper discovered some error in methodology.

Why would they risk publishing a poll that has an out-there result? Look at how much flack WaPo got for their WI Biden +17% poll. There's much less reward for if they are the outlier that calls it right, and most outliers are wrong too.

I actually respect pollsters that publish outlier results, It's called putting it out there.

fox news put out a doug jones +10 poll right before special election 2017.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2326 on: January 05, 2021, 01:11:03 AM »

For those confident a 51-50 senate can pass a public option, Connecticut. yes, Connecticut, recently saw its state senate kill the bill.

Health insurance lobby is powerful as hell. Dirty truth, but its the truth.

Already on Stage 3 (bargaining) I see.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2327 on: January 05, 2021, 01:12:19 AM »

I find it extremely hard to believe they would sit on a poll because they think it would be an outlier.

respected papers don't do that. The story is either outright false, or the newspaper discovered some error in methodology.

Why would they risk publishing a poll that has an out-there result? Look at how much flack WaPo got for their WI Biden +17% poll. There's much less reward for if they are the outlier that calls it right, and most outliers are wrong too.

I actually respect pollsters that publish outlier results, It's called putting it out there.

fox news put out a doug jones +10 poll right before special election 2017.

Unfortunately most people don't think the same way, and then complain about the polling errors that herding helps produce.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2328 on: January 05, 2021, 01:14:07 AM »

I feel like if pollsters shelving results is some common practice, we would hear about it a lot more from leaks. Alas, we don't.

this has the appearance of a predictit pump n dump hoax.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #2329 on: January 05, 2021, 01:15:39 AM »

I don't think we should put much stock in that alleged poll. If it was held back, then it probably indicates some methodological issues or some other problem with their sample.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2330 on: January 05, 2021, 01:17:39 AM »

I don't think we should put much stock in that alleged poll. If it was held back, then it probably indicates some methodological issues or some other problem with their sample.

yep. A +6 dem poll isn't even the most outlier poll there is right now for ga senate.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #2331 on: January 05, 2021, 02:47:24 AM »
« Edited: January 05, 2021, 03:10:21 AM by Monstro Believed in a Blue Georgia (and a Blue Texas) »

AJC releases poll showing both Dems up 5%
- "Sorry, not buying it. Would love to be proven wrong though"
- "Junk poll"
- "Clearly an outlier"
- "Don't get my hopes up"
- "What's with the lack of credible pollsters this election?"

AJC doesn't release a poll showing both Dems up 5%
- "Sorry, not buying it. Would love to be proven wrong though"
- "Junk story"
- "Clearly bogus"
- "Don't get my hopes up"
- "What's with the lack of credible news outlets this election?"
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #2332 on: January 05, 2021, 04:29:43 AM »

My prediction for how tomorrow will go:

-There are a lot of reports about the in person vote throughout the day that a bunch of people post in this thread and latch on to too much

-Polls close, and no one has the clear advantage for the first hour

-Northern GA which has lagged in turnout ends up having medicore turnout for the GOP, but they’ve sustained their margins

-Atlanta takes a long time to count, but while the margins in some counties are underwhelming turnout is strong

-The “black belt” is notably strong for Democrats

-Democrats perform “eh” in a lot of the midsized cities.

-South rural white GA is just fine for the GOP; nothing notable

At first everyone says Perdue and Loefeller are favored, only to then say Warnock and Osoff are favored, and just willy nilly switch back and forth until someone is clearly favored. A bunch of notorious Atlas partisans will continue to make case for their canidates until it’s clear as day they have no chance of winning

We know by Wednesday morning who will win, even if the networks haven’t officially called the races

I currently think it’ll be Perdue + 4 and Loefeller + 2, which would probably make this a very boring and disappointing senate cycle, at least from the perspective of a Democrat, though that’s my gut, my brain and Excel say otherwise

While the races are tossup, I think whoever wins wins by slightly more than most of Atlas suspects

Could you explain your reasoning ? Because if I understand your model republicans should have some reasons to be worried
SCNCmod

« Reply #2333 on: January 05, 2021, 05:23:34 AM »

I hope we see a lot of voters under 65 at the polls today- and hopefully many under 30.  If I'm not mistaken, the over 65 % of the Early Vote is a decent amount higher than November.  This is the one stat that is my biggest worry regarding the EV, which otherwise appears to be good for Dems.
tagimaucia

« Reply #2334 on: January 05, 2021, 06:00:26 AM »

The NYTimes reported that AJC was polling a few weeks ago, so it does seem likely they spiked a poll. The why is the big question. I assume that they could have simply had legitimate methodological errors and not had the budget to redo it.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #2335 on: January 05, 2021, 06:05:27 AM »

YOOOOOOOO, I can’t sleep, I got Georgia on my mind
SCNCmod

« Reply #2336 on: January 05, 2021, 06:19:47 AM »
« Edited: January 05, 2021, 06:23:12 AM by SCNCmod »

Does anyone know if there has been any commentary or counter-messaging to this ad?

Also- is the ad running anywhere other than Newsmax?
SCNCmod

« Reply #2337 on: January 05, 2021, 06:28:20 AM »

In some ways- Loeffler & Perdue were smart to wait until the very last minute to call for Senators to vote against certification of the Presidential election (even though the position itself is idiotic), because it gives Dems less time to expose their position to Republican Biden voters who would likely have a problem with it.

But have Ossoff & Warnock done anything overnight to potentially exploit their position (to moderate Election Day voters)?  ... or is this something they are probably naturally aware of via local media, social media, etc?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2338 on: January 05, 2021, 06:34:28 AM »

Anybody want to tell me what the hell is going on in Cherokee County? I really thought income would be a big factor overall (and it is) but geez. Are half the "Stop the Steal" voters living in Woodstock (Forsyth doesn't look that great either)?

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2339 on: January 05, 2021, 06:37:15 AM »

In some ways- Loeffler & Perdue were smart to wait until the very last minute to call for Senators to vote against certification of the Presidential election (even though the position itself is idiotic), because it gives Dems less time to expose their position to Republican Biden voters who would likely have a problem with it.

But have Ossoff & Warnock done anything overnight to potentially exploit their position (to moderate Election Day voters)?  ... or is this something they are probably naturally aware of via local media, social media, etc?

See, maybe I'm wrong, but I think most people realize where Loeffler/Perdue's heads are at. Like, I don't think there are many people who think both of them are still ~moderate~. IF you're voting for the two of them, you knew this was going to be their position.

Meanwhile, it seems very likely AJC kicked their poll, as it was confirmed that it was in the field and then we have multiple sources confirming results. If this *does* happen to be a big Dem win, they are going to look very foolish.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2340 on: January 05, 2021, 06:40:10 AM »

AJC is not really either of those things, and as far as I know, they are the most trusted paper in Atlanta. It's not some anti-Trump rag.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2341 on: January 05, 2021, 06:43:45 AM »

Also my god, Loeffler "ANNOUNCING" at the rally last night her intentions with the electoral congress vote. So cringe.
Buzz

« Reply #2342 on: January 05, 2021, 06:47:50 AM »

At my polling location in Cobb County.  I’m about the 30th person in line.  Line is about the same length as it was on Election Day in November.

Proudly casting my vote for Perdue and Loeffler!  Time for Georgia to redeem itself and save AMERICA!
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #2343 on: January 05, 2021, 06:48:59 AM »

Anybody want to tell me what the hell is going on in Cherokee County? I really thought income would be a big factor overall (and it is) but geez. Are half the "Stop the Steal" voters living in Woodstock (Forsyth doesn't look that great either)?

That's where rednecks with a little bit of money like to live. I have a government construction job and a lot of my coworkers live there.
SCNCmod

« Reply #2344 on: January 05, 2021, 06:50:54 AM »

Also my god, Loeffler "ANNOUNCING" at the rally last night her intentions with the electoral congress vote. So cringe.
Something about Ivanka's couple minute talk was a bit offputting as well.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #2345 on: January 05, 2021, 06:52:14 AM »

Biden team preparing for a loss, although not giving up hope.

I think adopting this frame of mind will get me through the next few days without breaking my heart.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/05/biden-transition-georgia-senate-454928
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2346 on: January 05, 2021, 06:55:47 AM »

Biden team preparing for a loss, although not giving up hope.

I think adopting this frame of mind will get me through the next few days without breaking my heart.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/05/biden-transition-georgia-senate-454928

I mean even if they were expecting to win, they're not going to say it and get ahead of themselves
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2347 on: January 05, 2021, 06:56:17 AM »

That's where rednecks with a little bit of money like to live. I have a government construction job and a lot of my coworkers live there.

Can someone explain what any of this means to someone who doesn't live in GA? Are these counties that have high participation and are Biden or Trump counties?
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #2348 on: January 05, 2021, 06:58:07 AM »

At my polling location in Cobb County.  I’m about the 30th person in line.  Line is about the same length as it was on Election Day in November.

Proudly casting my vote for Perdue and Loeffler!  Time for Georgia to redeem itself and save AMERICA!

I get voting for Loeffler, but seriously man, how could anyone be proud of that lmfao, that would be like a dem saying they are proud to vote for bob menendez or some sh-t like that
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2349 on: January 05, 2021, 06:59:24 AM »

At my polling location in Cobb County.  I’m about the 30th person in line.  Line is about the same length as it was on Election Day in November.

Proudly casting my vote for Perdue and Loeffler!  Time for Georgia to redeem itself and save AMERICA!

I get voting for Loeffler, but seriously man, how could anyone be proud of that lmfao, that would be like a dem saying they are proud to vote for bob menendez or some sh-t like that
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 ... 226  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies