Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 10:10:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 ... 226
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 267745 times)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1850 on: December 31, 2020, 10:02:34 PM »

If you break down GA by House district, you can see there is a strong correlation between how Democratic an area is and how high turnout is:

Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1851 on: December 31, 2020, 10:05:53 PM »

Funfact: More voters who didn't vote in the 2020 GE have voted in these runoffs thus far than people who voted on e-day in the GE.

Seriously? I find that hard to believe. What are the numbers?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1852 on: December 31, 2020, 10:09:22 PM »

Funfact: More voters who didn't vote in the 2020 GE have voted in these runoffs thus far than people who voted on e-day in the GE.

There are 104527 voters who didn't vote in the 2020 GE who have voted in these runoffs

There are 96039 voters who voted on e-day in the GE who have voted thus far in these runoffs.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1853 on: December 31, 2020, 11:07:59 PM »

If Kelly Loeffler does lose that would be the most pathetic senate career since Martha McSally.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1854 on: December 31, 2020, 11:15:48 PM »

There are 104527 voters who didn't vote in the 2020 GE who have voted in these runoffs

There are 96039 voters who voted on e-day in the GE who have voted thus far in these runoffs.

Oh, I misunderstood - I read that as people who voted in the 2020 GE on E-day, total.
prag_prog
United States

« Reply #1855 on: December 31, 2020, 11:38:00 PM »

In the November Election,

Early Voting-
President: Biden +5.75
Senate: Ossoff +3.25

Election Day Voting-
President: Trump +22.15
Senate: Perdue +21.90

I found it interesting and also kinda surprising that Ossoff actually ran slightly ahead of Biden in the Election Day voting despite running 2.5 pts behind Biden in the Early Voting.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1856 on: December 31, 2020, 11:42:31 PM »

Early Voting-

Election Day Voting-

I found it interesting and also kinda surprising that Ossoff actually ran slightly ahead of Biden in the Election Day voting despite running 2.5 pts behind Biden in the Early Voting.

The E-day vote was pretty much a wash.

Ossoff probably ran behind in the early vote because that was more suburban/UMC highly educated white heavy, i.e., never trumpers who don't want their taxes raised.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1857 on: December 31, 2020, 11:50:02 PM »

Early Voting-

Election Day Voting-

Ossoff probably ran behind in the early vote because that was more suburban/UMC highly educated white heavy, i.e., never trumpers who don't want their taxes raised.

Probably not great for Ds considering the runoff electorate will skew slightly more high-propensity/engaged voters when compared top the GE.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1858 on: December 31, 2020, 11:56:57 PM »

One thing I'm still not sure about is why did they wait till January to hold the runoffs? Aren't they usually in December (2008, 2018)?
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #1859 on: December 31, 2020, 11:57:34 PM »

One thing I'm still not sure about is why did they wait till January to hold the runoffs? Aren't they usually in December (2008, 2018)?
I think trump's recount sapped a lot of resources nessciating the delay.
prag_prog
United States

« Reply #1860 on: January 01, 2021, 12:07:31 AM »

Early Voting-

Election Day Voting-

col-White share of EV electorate was 24% whereas it was 19% of EDay vote..so EDay still did have decent amount of Col-Whites vote. I think Ossoff performed better as we approached closer to the election...that's when he gained momentum, partly helped due to Perdue's gaffes.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1861 on: January 01, 2021, 12:13:20 AM »

A combination of UOCAVA & GA's lack of instant runoff voting for overseas & military voters like LA does with its runoffs.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1862 on: January 01, 2021, 12:39:46 AM »

Probably not great for Ds considering the runoff electorate will skew slightly more high-propensity/engaged voters when compared top the GE.
Well thousands of POC who didn't vote in November have voted in this runoff while thousands of low-pro Trump voters will probably be skipping so we'll see.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1863 on: January 01, 2021, 12:45:38 AM »

Have Ossoff and Warnock put out a schedule of where they will be campaigning between now and Tuesday?
Well they will both be in Savannah with Kamala Harris on Sunday and with Joe Biden in Atlanta on Monday.

I saw that Jon has events in Athens and Augusta in the next few days.
SCNCmod

« Reply #1864 on: January 01, 2021, 04:36:25 AM »

Have Ossoff and Warnock put out a schedule of where they will be campaigning between now and Tuesday?
Well they will both be in Savannah with Kamala Harris on Sunday and with Joe Biden in Atlanta on Monday.

I saw that Jon has events in Athens and Augusta in the next few days.

Then hopefully tmrw and Saturday they are both hitting Central/South Georgia.  I think they could make the biggest impact at this point, hitting 4-5 Rural County stops both days. Its quick and easy to vote in rural areas- and Dems are usually undermotivated in these areas.  And 1 stop in a rural county creates a much bigger Buzz compared to Atlanta.  Getting low propensity Dem voters in the rural counties to actually turn out on election day could do a lot to keep the election day loss margin down.
SCNCmod

« Reply #1865 on: January 01, 2021, 04:51:48 AM »

I've always thought the "visit every county"  idea is a really good strategy for Dems- regarding increasing turnout & in smaller and/or rural counties.  And it helps narrow the margins so that Republicans can't make up their losses in big cities by running up Huge wins in all of the rural counties.

Even for a last-minute turnout strategy, visiting a small rural county often registers in the neighboring counties as well.  So visiting 10 counties could actually impact Dem turnout in 20 counties.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1866 on: January 01, 2021, 09:04:21 AM »

So CNN - I’m serious, CNN -, the left-leaning news, Ossoff’s claim that Loeffler was campaigning with a klansman and rated that as FALSE. She didn’t who the man was and she would have removed him from the event if she knew. This is not the same as campaigning with a klansman. Politicians often take pictures with people they don’t know.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/31/politics/ossoff-loeffler-kkk-fact-check/index.html

And the reason Ossoff keeps launching such false attacks is because he wants to obscure his own record. He doesn’t have the experience to represent Georgia and he never had a job other than through the Chinese Communist Party as he worked with a company held by the Chinese gouvernement.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1867 on: January 01, 2021, 09:12:35 AM »

Did they fact check Kimgate as well?
Catalunya
Rookie
Netherlands

« Reply #1868 on: January 01, 2021, 09:13:21 AM »

So CNN - I’m serious, CNN -, the left-leaning news, Ossoff’s claim that Loeffler was campaigning with a klansman and rated that as FALSE. She didn’t who the man was and she would have removed him from the event if she knew. This is not the same as campaigning with a klansman. Politicians often take pictures with people they don’t know.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/31/politics/ossoff-loeffler-kkk-fact-check/index.html

And the reason Ossoff keeps launching such false attacks is because he wants to obscure his own record. He doesn’t have the experience to represent Georgia and he never had a job other than through the Chinese Communist Party as he worked with a company held by the Chinese gouvernement.
Why don’t you show us the billions of times when Republicans said something false including the incumbents from Georgia. Your claim about Ossoff is similarly false.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1869 on: January 01, 2021, 09:24:04 AM »

Bold of you to turn around and then spread a false claim about Ossoff: https://www.11alive.com/article/news/verify/jon-ossoff-chinese-government-claims-debunked/85-09658a41-08b7-4682-abec-92b4c862c2ea
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1870 on: January 01, 2021, 09:33:23 AM »

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1871 on: January 01, 2021, 09:48:51 AM »

Ughhh, this means only 150.000 people voted early yesterday on the final day.

I expected more like 350.000 considering the long lines.

150.000 is actually not even the best early voting day.

With the mail ballots coming in until Tuesday night, early voting might end up shy of 3.1 million and the total vote incl. election day shy of 4 million.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1872 on: January 01, 2021, 09:51:55 AM »
« Edited: January 01, 2021, 09:58:30 AM by GeorgiaModerate »

With the mail ballots coming in until Tuesday night, early voting might end up shy of 3.1 million and the total vote incl. election day shy of 4 million.

The current total of the early voting numbers as shown in the tweet is 3,000,998.  I think exceeding 3.1 million is a pretty safe bet. Wink

EDIT: To expand on that a bit...to make 3.1M, we only need 99,002 votes to be accepted out of the 315,655 outstanding mail ballots.  This should be easily doable, especially as there is some component of mail ballots already received but have not yet been processed; it's been reported that some counties (Chatham for one) have a big backlog of mail ballots outstanding.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1873 on: January 01, 2021, 09:57:46 AM »

The current total of the early voting numbers as shown in the tweet is 3,000,998.  I think exceeding 3.1 million is a pretty safe bet. Wink

Not really.

Only 32k postal ballots were returned yesterday, with a declining daily tendency.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1874 on: January 01, 2021, 10:02:43 AM »

JMC has slightly different numbers:

Another thing to remember is that some counties (notably Fulton) did not have EV yesterday.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 ... 226  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies