Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 08:30:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 ... 226
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 271044 times)
Kuumo

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1775 on: December 31, 2020, 02:21:50 PM »

Republicans will be going the way of the Whigs since they have to deal with Michelle Steel's homophobia too. David Perdue is going to be kicking himself when he gets Blanched next Tuesday because he let someone take a picture of him with those two notorious homophobes.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1776 on: December 31, 2020, 02:23:53 PM »

I was the Karen who reported all of the Young Kim threads.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #1777 on: December 31, 2020, 02:24:15 PM »

Perdue’s support in the suburbs is crumbling into dust as we speak. At this rate he might lose by more than Loeffler.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1778 on: December 31, 2020, 02:24:22 PM »

I was the Karen who reported all of the Young Kim threads.

Why do you want a Pro YK echo chamber?
SCNCmod

« Reply #1779 on: December 31, 2020, 02:25:26 PM »

Currently, things seem to be looking pretty good for Dems- But I can't help but wonder if there is something that many are overestimating for Dems in the numbers, or underestimating for Republicans, etc.

...Because it seems that the current data and anticipated ED turnout, would point to a high likelihood that Dems will win both races with a bit of a cushion (2+ points).
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1780 on: December 31, 2020, 02:25:37 PM »

Perdue’s support in the suburbs is crumbling into dust as we speak. At this rate he might lose by more than Loeffler.

True. Loeffler is the queen of the suburbs now.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1781 on: December 31, 2020, 02:26:19 PM »

wow, the people of Cobb are really excited to vote for moderate bipartisan hero of the suburbs david perdue
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1782 on: December 31, 2020, 02:27:28 PM »

wow, the people of Cobb are really excited to vote for moderate bipartisan hero of the suburbs david perdue

haven't you got the memo yet. David Perdue is a weak candidate now post YK photo.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1783 on: December 31, 2020, 02:29:13 PM »

My wife and I just dropped off our ballots. We put a lot of thought into our votes - even more so than in the general election - and regardless of how this turns out, I'm pleased that there's been so much civic engagement this year. Thank you to everyone on this forum for sharing their perspectives and happy New Year's Eve!

I was considering not sharing who we voted for because folks will read too much into it but since I know everyone will ask, we did end up voting Ossoff / Warnock for the Senate races. We ultimately didn't feel Perdue / Loeffler demonstrated enough independence from Trump in light of the stimulus bill / election fraud theatrics and this was the tipping point, given we wanted senators that could work constructively and independently with the Biden administration. That said, we remain concerned about our country's fiscal situation and will be evaluating in 2022 where things stand.

I voted R for the PSC (the utilities oversight board in GA) race, for reasons I won't discuss in detail in a Senate-focused thread, but I am in general in favor of nuclear power and this was something the incumbent seemed to support.

Reading this was like seeing your friend do something right in the hour of need Smiley
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1784 on: December 31, 2020, 02:29:49 PM »

haven't you got the memo yet. David Perdue is a weak candidate now post YK photo.

Yep. It's really time to rename the thread.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1785 on: December 31, 2020, 02:30:40 PM »

Yep. It's really time to rename the thread.

Bigger than Watergate, bigger than Teapot Dome, bigger than Lewinsky.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1786 on: December 31, 2020, 02:31:37 PM »
« Edited: December 31, 2020, 03:20:37 PM by VARepublican »

My friend Jennifer says they're running away as fast as they can from the polling place. They're truly shocked and refreshing Snopes every 3.1 seconds to see if the photo is real.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1787 on: December 31, 2020, 02:31:50 PM »

The fallout from Young Kim-gate isn’t going to stop now. Every Republican up for re-election in 2022, 2024, and 2026 will be blanched. Not to mention that the house will be 435-0 D for the next 30-50 years at the minimum. We are entering a period of one party rule. Young Kim knows not what she has unleashed. For years to come, Republicans, Conservatives, and Trumpists alike, will wake up in a cold sweat upon hearing the words: “Young Kim”
SCNCmod

« Reply #1788 on: December 31, 2020, 02:32:22 PM »
« Edited: December 31, 2020, 02:37:12 PM by SCNCmod »

Is all of this Young Kim talk a joke- or am I just completely out of the loop on this one? (I'm assuming a joke)

I think I'm definitely more politically aware than over 75% of average voters in Georgia... and I've never heard of Young Kim. So, I would be surprised if the photo influences any votes- to any significant degree?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1789 on: December 31, 2020, 02:34:12 PM »

My friend Jennifer says they're running away as fast as they can from the polling place. They're truly shocked and refreshing Snopes every 3.1 seconds to see if the photo is real.

Are the Gwinett County swingy Clinton-Abrams-Biden-Warnock voters crying and panicking? I've heard they are.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1790 on: December 31, 2020, 02:34:58 PM »

Are the Gwinett County swingy Clinton-Abrams-Biden-Warnock voters crying and panicking? I've heard they are.

My Uncle is literally in tears right now. He feels so betrayed.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1791 on: December 31, 2020, 02:37:05 PM »

There is no coming back from Kimgate. YK Homophobia has destroyed the GOP brand.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1792 on: December 31, 2020, 02:38:12 PM »

There is no coming back from Kimgate. YK Homophobia has destroyed the GOP brand.

The GOP survived 1932, they survived 2008, but....this? Their is no coming back from this.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #1793 on: December 31, 2020, 02:43:48 PM »

David Perdue might even crack 60% in Cobb County due to the upswell in voters in this picture!

/s
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1794 on: December 31, 2020, 02:43:49 PM »

Is all of this Young Kim talk a joke- or am I just completely out of the loop on this one? (I'm assuming a joke)

I think I'm definitely more politically aware than over 75% of average voters in Georgia... and I've never heard of Young Kim. So, I would be surprised if the photo influences any votes- to any significant degree?

I think it's another Atlas joke that's gotten out of hand and is ruining this otherwise useful thread.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1795 on: December 31, 2020, 02:48:44 PM »

I think it's another Atlas joke that's gotten out of hand and is ruining this otherwise useful thread.

Well, we didn't put it in the thread. We made a separate thread.

In any case the meme has died.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #1796 on: December 31, 2020, 02:50:32 PM »

Idk exactly what this Young Kim meme is, but it's incredibly stupid and ruins the conversation for people who want serious updates about the state of the runoff elections.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1797 on: December 31, 2020, 02:51:08 PM »

Idk exactly what this Young Kim meme is, but it's incredibly stupid and ruins the conversation for people who want serious updates about the state of the runoff elections.

Well, we did make a separate thread. But I for one will stop.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1798 on: December 31, 2020, 03:09:43 PM »

Ossoff's campaign has been impressive to me. I'll be highly disappointed if he doesn't do better than Warnock. He deserves to do 2-3% better than Warnock imo

He still seems pretty generic, but he's sharp for such an inexperienced person
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1799 on: December 31, 2020, 03:13:00 PM »

Ossoff's campaign has been impressive to me. I'll be highly disappointed if he doesn't do better than Warnock. He deserves to do 2-3% better than Warnock imo

He still seems pretty generic, but he's sharp for such an inexperienced person

He's definitely a very sharp guy. Do you get the feeling he's gonna win?
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 ... 226  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies