Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 01:09:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 226
Author Topic: Georgia senate seats runoff(s) megathread  (Read 267911 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: December 22, 2020, 03:18:43 PM »

In today's mail: One bill.  One Christmas card.  Nine political flyers (7 of them glossy color 8x10 or larger).
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1251 on: December 22, 2020, 03:39:25 PM »

In today's mail: One bill.  One Christmas card.  Nine political flyers (7 of them glossy color 8x10 or larger).
I threw away four today: one from Fair Fight, one from the Democratic Party of Georgia, one from BlackPAC, and another from some random org. I can't. LOL.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1252 on: December 22, 2020, 03:42:17 PM »

It's important to note that in 2018/2019 races Rs have underperformed Trump and Trump has acted terribly in every way to deligitamize Biden as Prez even moderates are in GA are appauled, they aren't that Conservative leanings, and Biden won the state
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #1253 on: December 22, 2020, 03:55:20 PM »

My sister has a Christmas gift that’s been late in the mail and my mom called the post office to see where it was and the lady told her that it’s all the political mail clogging up the system.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1254 on: December 22, 2020, 04:03:19 PM »

My sister has a Christmas gift that’s been late in the mail and my mom called the post office to see where it was and the lady told her that it’s all the political mail clogging up the system.

I just got email from my electric company with this: "We are aware there are parts of the country facing 2-4 week delays in USPS mail delivery and we want to provide you with options to pay and/or receive your electric bill without delay."
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1255 on: December 22, 2020, 04:07:10 PM »

So it'll be Purdue/Loeffler/Warnock/Ossoff's faults that scores of kiddos don't get their PS5's in time for Christmas??!

Okay.  NOW I'm mad. 
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1256 on: December 22, 2020, 04:23:05 PM »

“Ossoff obstructed, Purdue delivered”

... Jon Ossoff isn’t even in Congress and most people know that. What’s the logic behind this ad?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1257 on: December 22, 2020, 04:24:05 PM »

So it'll be Purdue/Loeffler/Warnock/Ossoff's faults that scores of kiddos don't get their PS5's in time for Christmas??!

Okay.  NOW I'm mad. 

All the ones I'm getting are from Perdue and Loeffler, except for an occasional one from a non-profit group with a general encouragement to vote.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1258 on: December 22, 2020, 04:26:55 PM »

... Jon Ossoff isn’t even in Congress and most people know that. What’s the logic behind this ad?

Maybe David Perdue is living in an alternate universe where Ossoff won the 2017 GA-06 special election.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1259 on: December 22, 2020, 04:28:30 PM »

Maybe David Perdue is living in an alternate universe where Ossoff won the 2017 GA-06 special election.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1260 on: December 22, 2020, 04:39:59 PM »

"Oh but Perdue looks so nice! What a nice, calm suburban FF hero! He's so moderate! Smiley" as he lies his ass off and rips off the taxpayers by insider trading based off of classified information. And tries to restrict legal immigration with his RAISE act. And ships American jobs overseas to CHINA and Asia. Such a nice, calm moderate FF hero though Smiley!

https://m.usw.org/blog/2014/senate-candidate-sending-jobs-overseas-is-the-american-way
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/08/can-a-decades-old-immigration-proposal-pass-under-trump/537138/

Ossoff didn't do anything to obstruct the CARES act, and Perdue is just lying lying and more lying through his smiling face
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1261 on: December 22, 2020, 04:49:35 PM »

Ugh, they're owning the libs so hard.

VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1262 on: December 22, 2020, 04:51:29 PM »

He is a Democrat, though.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1263 on: December 22, 2020, 04:53:48 PM »

Very similar to a tactic that Jaime Harrison tried, to little avail.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1264 on: December 22, 2020, 04:56:28 PM »

Very similar to a tactic that Jaime Harrison tried, to little avail.

The difference is that the margin wasn't ever going to be close enough in SC for the outcome to be swayed. It may matter in GA.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1265 on: December 22, 2020, 05:03:06 PM »

If Democrats are counting on Trump voters not turning out (especially when they've repeatedly underestimated how loyal they are to Trump/GOP), then they deserve to lose these races and probably will.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #1266 on: December 22, 2020, 05:08:17 PM »

Okay.  NOW I'm mad. 

It just got real for me Sad
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1267 on: December 22, 2020, 05:08:50 PM »

If Democrats are counting on Trump voters not turning out (especially when they've repeatedly underestimated how loyal they are to Trump/GOP), then they deserve to lose these races and probably will.
Well we’re not, so..... stop trying to equate out of touch Election Twitter people with grassroots orgs on the ground, most of which are led by Black women who would never say such a thing....
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1268 on: December 22, 2020, 05:13:24 PM »

Well we’re not, so..... stop trying to equate out of touch Election Twitter people with grassroots orgs on the ground, most of which are led by Black women who would never say such a thing....

... which is why I said "if."
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1269 on: December 22, 2020, 05:27:16 PM »

I don't think anyone is "counting on" them to sit it out, but what evidence is there that Trump voters come out to vote when he's not on the ballot? That's basically why 2018 ended up being a blue wave. Trump brings out those low propensity voters to HIS elections, but there isn't much evidence they come out as much in elections he's not a part of...
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1270 on: December 22, 2020, 05:29:38 PM »

WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #1271 on: December 22, 2020, 05:33:31 PM »

I don't think anyone is "counting on" them to sit it out, but what evidence is there that Trump voters come out to vote when he's not on the ballot? That's basically why 2018 ended up being a blue wave. Trump brings out those low propensity voters to HIS elections, but there isn't much evidence they come out as much in elections he's not a part of...

No, it was a blue wave because, A. Midterms are typically awful for the incumbent President B. Trump was unpopular (His approval was about 45%) and C. Healthcare was the main issue people voted on that year, and since 2017, Healthcare has been a winning issue for the Democrats. D. Trump accelerated the trends in suburban areas he did poorly in, in 2016. Places like VA-10, MN-3, and TX-7 didn’t flip because Trumpists stayed home.
Catalunya
Rookie
Netherlands

« Reply #1272 on: December 22, 2020, 06:15:30 PM »

I think Democrats should try this approach as well. Just go to Rural areas and tell them that Warnock and Ossoff will vote for a larger stimulus check, while Perdue and Loeffler do not support it.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1273 on: December 22, 2020, 06:20:50 PM »
« Edited: December 22, 2020, 06:24:15 PM by VARepublican »

I think Democrats should try this approach as well. Just go to Rural areas and tell them that Warnock and Ossoff will vote for a larger stimulus check, while Perdue and Loeffler do not support it.

IKR, they are so """"economically anxious""""
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1274 on: December 22, 2020, 06:52:51 PM »

Look, I know 'low-propensity' Trump voters exist, but they're mostly concentrated in states like Iowa -- states with large numbers of Obama-Trump voters and "economically anxious" people who voted for the first time in 2016/2020. These voters are the reason Trump and Ernst coasted to an easy win in IA in 2020 while Reynolds barely held on in 2018.

In Georgia, (1) there are Obama-Trump/"economically anxious" voters, but not as many as in the Midwestern states (2) the conservative/Republican/Trumpist base is sufficiently motivated (3) the Democratic base is historically 'low-propensity' although that is changing very, very quickly (4) Trump himself did worse than 'RINO' Brian Kemp in the rural parts of the state.

If Loeffler and Perdue lose, it'll likely be because they failed to convince independents/"moderates" that a Democratic trifecta would be harmful, and/or their antics helped motivate the Democratic base to turn out. I've analyzed the 'Trumpists won't turn out because Trump's not on the ballot' theory to death and am still not convinced that it would significantly hurt Republican chances in this race.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 226  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies