Arizona megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:08:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Arizona megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 52
Author Topic: Arizona megathread  (Read 69600 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: October 20, 2022, 08:53:15 PM »

What in the fresh hell is this?

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #701 on: October 20, 2022, 09:00:52 PM »

Tbf, Lake is going to lose the Native vote by an insane margin in AZ as Republicans normally do (with a few exceptions).

I'm not from Arizona, so I'm honestly sure what the relationship is between Native Americans and the rest of the population is like or even how strong it is.

There are some parts of the country where being racist/painted as racist towards a prominent group in your state generally doesn't have a huge impact (particularly the southeast) whereas in places like Nevada, it can make the difference.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #702 on: October 20, 2022, 10:05:34 PM »

Opposition to cartoonish racism is pearl clutching?
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #703 on: October 20, 2022, 11:21:01 PM »

Opposition to cartoonish racism is pearl clutching?

It's definitely in bad taste and not something I would have tweeted out. But the idea that it's "racist" to call attention to a very real thing that happened is a real stretch. And the article Gass shared was, as usual, ridiculous.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #704 on: October 20, 2022, 11:39:57 PM »

It's definitely in bad taste and not something I would have tweeted out. But the idea that it's "racist" to call attention to a very real thing that happened is a real stretch. And the article Gass shared was, as usual, ridiculous.
Given the state? Very racist my man. It's one thing if a generic white guy from Boston posts this (bad taste, racist, but not necessarily targeting), it's another thing entirely when someone from Arizona does it. Basically calling both Natives and Mexicans savages.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #705 on: October 21, 2022, 12:01:44 AM »

Is the thing about "federal only absentee ballots" legit or a nothingburger?
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #706 on: October 21, 2022, 12:58:26 AM »

Need I remind you that one of the things that brought down Evan Meecham was similar racist statements and trying to cancel MLK Day?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #707 on: October 21, 2022, 08:37:23 AM »

Is the thing about "federal only absentee ballots" legit or a nothingburger?

It's a real thing that happened but doesn't seem to be a huge deal. An error in the SOS office caused 6,000 voters to wrongly be sent the federal-only absentee ballot.  They're working to correct it:

Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #708 on: October 21, 2022, 05:40:43 PM »

Just recieved my mail-in ballot, I plan on voting straight ticket R obviously. If you are voting by mail make sure you mail it back by the weekend before election day. If you drop it off it will still be counted but a few days after the election (when the races are probably already called). There isn't much fun in that.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #709 on: October 21, 2022, 05:45:22 PM »

Just recieved my mail-in ballot, I plan on voting straight ticket R obviously. If you are voting by mail make sure you mail it back by the weekend before election day. If you drop it off it will still be counted but a few days after the election (when the races are probably already called). There isn't much fun in that.
Speak to your friends too. We need AZ Smiley Good Luck!
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #710 on: October 22, 2022, 03:03:55 AM »

If Kari Lake wins, chances are this will be the last time Arizona voters get to do this, especially counting days after election day.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #711 on: October 22, 2022, 08:41:02 AM »

If Kari Lake wins, chances are this will be the last time Arizona voters get to do this, especially counting days after election day.

Unlikely, since the governor can't unilaterally change election laws.  But if it happened, the GOP may want to change their tune:

AP: GOP voters told to hold onto mail ballots until Election Day

Republican activists who believe the 2020 election was stolen from former President Donald Trump have crafted a plan that, in their telling, will thwart cheating in this year’s midterm elections.

The strategy: Vote in person on Election Day or — for voters who receive a mailed ballot — hold onto it and hand it in at a polling place or election office on Nov. 8.
If enough voters are dissuaded from casting ballots early, it could lead to long lines on Election Day and would push back processing of those late-arriving mailed ballots. Those ballots likely would not get counted until the next day or later.

TBF, Lake is not one of the Republicans encouraging this tactic, although her fellow Arizonan Wendy Rogers is.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #712 on: October 23, 2022, 07:26:44 AM »

I just have to laugh

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #713 on: October 23, 2022, 04:42:32 PM »

To Hobbs' credit, she seems to be doing a ton of national media lately. Did both ABC and NBC today it appears

citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #714 on: October 23, 2022, 06:44:06 PM »

ABC hammering Hobbs on Good Morning America. Had her stammering and stuttering. Crazy stuff.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #715 on: October 23, 2022, 07:13:44 PM »

ABC hammering Hobbs on Good Morning America. Had her stammering and stuttering. Crazy stuff.

Shouldn't making fun of people's speech impediments be beneath you?
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #716 on: October 23, 2022, 07:20:09 PM »

Shouldn't making fun of people's speech impediments be beneath you?

She doesn't have a medical condition. They tripped her up.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #717 on: October 23, 2022, 09:26:41 PM »

Hobbs is severely lacking in self-confidence. She acts like she's afraid someone is going to come and get her, and take her away to some other place. Lake, on the other hand, exudes self-confidence. She's crazy, but she's confrontational. Hobbs is doing her voters a disservice by not pushing back against Lake's claims and exposing why she's wrong. A debate would have been the perfect opportunity for her to do that. But I can tell that TJ Holmes (the reporter questioning her who used the "stand up to bullies" analogy) isn't buying what's she selling, and many voters aren't either. That's why she is going to lose.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #718 on: October 23, 2022, 09:44:47 PM »

Hobbs refusing to debate has to be one of the biggest campaign own-goals this cycle.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #719 on: October 24, 2022, 07:12:36 AM »

Hobbs is severely lacking in self-confidence. She acts like she's afraid someone is going to come and get her, and take her away to some other place. Lake, on the other hand, exudes self-confidence. She's crazy, but she's confrontational. Hobbs is doing her voters a disservice by not pushing back against Lake's claims and exposing why she's wrong. A debate would have been the perfect opportunity for her to do that. But I can tell that TJ Holmes (the reporter questioning her who used the "stand up to bullies" analogy) isn't buying what's she selling, and many voters aren't either. That's why she is going to lose.

You don't need a debate to expose why she's wrong; pretty clear that Hobbs does that in every single interview.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #720 on: October 24, 2022, 07:13:56 AM »

The problem for Lake is that we're 2 weeks out and she still has this albatross around her neck - and much is her own fault. She keeps going on interviews and essentially is constantly keeping the 2020 (and 2022) election denial in the headlines. Not sure why she's so hell-bent on making sure it's still what voters are going to hear about her.

Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #721 on: October 24, 2022, 09:44:40 AM »

You don't need a debate to expose why she's wrong; pretty clear that Hobbs does that in every single interview.

You've been a consistent defender of Hobbs throughout this campaign, and are one of the few who has been praising her decision not to debate. But then again, you always have dissenting views on every issue and matter of concern. If all human beings thought alike, there would be no variety. As for "exposing Lake" in each interview, Hobbs has incessantly repeated that Lake is an election denier and that she can't "dignify" that by debating her. It's a message that has grown stale, primarily because of her unwillingness to directly challenge Lake on her claims.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #722 on: October 24, 2022, 09:49:01 AM »

Hobbs refusing to debate has to be one of the biggest campaign own-goals this cycle.

Yup, I agree. Backing out of debate makes you look weak; and voters tend to like people that act like winners. In that regard, R-politicians and candidates are often better than D-candidates. GOPers often seem full of self-confidence, even if they're trailing in the polls by double digits.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #723 on: October 24, 2022, 09:52:43 AM »

I’m not really sure how Hobbs not debating is supposedly single-handedly killing her campaign when after every other debate everyone on Atlas agrees that debates don’t change anything. You can’t have it both ways.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #724 on: October 24, 2022, 09:54:33 AM »

I’m not really sure how Hobbs not debating is supposedly single-handedly killing her campaign when after every other debate everyone on Atlas agrees that debates don’t change anything. You can’t have it both ways.
This is Atlas, of course you can!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 52  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies