Arizona megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:51:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Arizona megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 52
Author Topic: Arizona megathread  (Read 69722 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: August 04, 2022, 06:22:35 PM »

Yeah, Lake has so much more self-restraint than Mastriano...
Spectator
United States

« Reply #176 on: August 04, 2022, 07:56:58 PM »

It’s interesting to note that Katie Hobbs almost won the non-Maricopa County part of Arizona in 2018. She only lost it by less than 400 votes, doing better than Kyrsten Sinema who lost the rest of the state by about 5,000 votes.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #177 on: August 04, 2022, 08:02:08 PM »

Katie Hobbs is leading Lake by more than Robson 48/40
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #178 on: August 04, 2022, 09:34:01 PM »

NYT calls it for Kari Lake, she wins all 15 counties while leading by less than 3%. Despite Katie Hobbs leading by 50%, she lost Santa Cruz county to Lopez. Blake Masters also lost Gila to Lamon.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #179 on: August 04, 2022, 09:41:47 PM »

CNN called it too. Uggh, guess we're stuck with her for 3 months.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #180 on: August 04, 2022, 10:43:57 PM »

If we're lucky, it'll just be three months.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #181 on: August 04, 2022, 11:04:29 PM »

NYT calls it for Kari Lake, she wins all 15 counties while leading by less than 3%. Despite Katie Hobbs leading by 50%, she lost Santa Cruz county to Lopez. Blake Masters also lost Gila to Lamon.

Santa Cruz County was where her opponent’s hometown is, so easy to chalk it up to that.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #182 on: August 05, 2022, 01:41:53 AM »

4 years is for sure a possibility.

Lean R -> Pure tossup
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #183 on: August 05, 2022, 04:34:56 AM »

I hope Hobbs responds to Lake she is going after Hobs already
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #184 on: August 05, 2022, 01:40:27 PM »

I'm being optimistic I guess, haha.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #185 on: August 06, 2022, 06:48:58 PM »

Kari Lake continues acting like she’s running for Governor of Oklahoma, posing with MTG:

Orange is back
Rookie

« Reply #186 on: August 07, 2022, 11:27:48 AM »

No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #187 on: August 07, 2022, 11:33:21 AM »

There will not be a pivot, and it's very curious to me how Lake thinks this is a winning message for a state that rejected Trumpism in 2020.

Except that the people embracing Trumpism don't believe Arizona rejected them. They're in a cult and alternate reality, in which their God Emperor won Arizona and the entire election bigly. Just the RINOs like Ducey and Kemp stole it for Brandon.

Can confirm. Many people on alt-right websites actually believe that Trump even won states like California and Washington cause 'I see so many MAGA signs in bum-fck nowhere!' They genuinely live in an alternate reality.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #188 on: August 07, 2022, 03:55:08 PM »

LMAO, if only there was as much outrage over Republicans/RGA supporting election deniers as there was Democrats throwing a few dollars at an ad touting how crazy they are.

Ducey is just as craven, if not more so.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #189 on: August 07, 2022, 05:19:26 PM »

LMAO, if only there was as much outrage over Republicans/RGA supporting election deniers as there was Democrats throwing a few dollars at an ad touting how crazy they are.

Ducey is just as craven, if not more so.

Ducey comes across as a really Douchey guy. Yes he’s sane, but when it’s politically genetically to him and he full well knows the consequences of Lake. Doug Douchey.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #190 on: August 07, 2022, 05:53:54 PM »

In a bright spot for this cursed state:

Trump got 60% in this town. Looks like even a lot of conservatives are done with Arpaio's crap. Hopefully they continue to reject extremism in November.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #191 on: August 07, 2022, 05:57:51 PM »

I wonder what Arpaio will run for in 2024. Probably Senate again.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #192 on: August 07, 2022, 06:31:14 PM »

Not to be crass, but he’ll probably be dead.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #193 on: August 08, 2022, 12:09:52 AM »

One underrated discussion is despite Lake only narrowly beating Robson, she won every County and did about the same everywhere in the state. To be fair Robson won the new AZ-01 but only very narrowly, and stereotypically, that's the district that most embodies establishment/"moderate" Republicans.

Yet Hobbs despite winning in a 50+ point landslide lost heavily Hispanic Santa Cruz County to her Hispanic Challenger Marco Lopez. She also came close to losing Yuma, another heavily Hispanic border County.

I feel like this is somewhat telling. Even though it seems like the GOP base in many ways is more divided due to the primary being much more contested, Dem support tends to be much more regionally and racially polarized.

It also brings up the question will Hobbs suffer with Hispanics or did Hispanics vote this way purely cause of the Lopez's Hispanic name?

I'd be very curious come November who wins the new AZ-01 and AZ-06 for Governor, especially since most have these as pretty solid Republican victories on the Congressional level. Hobbs probably needs to run up the margins in the Pheonix suburbs, especially since I think it'll be hard for her (or frankly anyone) to sustain the Hispanic turnout needed to win on 2020 margins. It's simillar to how Sinema and Kelly both won their Senate races by virtually identical margins yet Sinema did better than Kelly margin wise basically everywhere except the area of the old AZ-02 which McSally represented. 2018 turnout in the Hispanic parts of the state were just low.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #194 on: August 08, 2022, 01:53:43 AM »

Hopefully the Hell Senate. Maybe we can have a Kissinger-Arpaio matchup with incumbent Senator Pol Pot retiring.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #195 on: August 08, 2022, 07:33:13 AM »

One underrated discussion is despite Lake only narrowly beating Robson, she won every County and did about the same everywhere in the state. To be fair Robson won the new AZ-01 but only very narrowly, and stereotypically, that's the district that most embodies establishment/"moderate" Republicans.

Yet Hobbs despite winning in a 50+ point landslide lost heavily Hispanic Santa Cruz County to her Hispanic Challenger Marco Lopez. She also came close to losing Yuma, another heavily Hispanic border County.

I feel like this is somewhat telling. Even though it seems like the GOP base in many ways is more divided due to the primary being much more contested, Dem support tends to be much more regionally and racially polarized.

It also brings up the question will Hobbs suffer with Hispanics or did Hispanics vote this way purely cause of the Lopez's Hispanic name?

I'd be very curious come November who wins the new AZ-01 and AZ-06 for Governor, especially since most have these as pretty solid Republican victories on the Congressional level. Hobbs probably needs to run up the margins in the Pheonix suburbs, especially since I think it'll be hard for her (or frankly anyone) to sustain the Hispanic turnout needed to win on 2020 margins. It's simillar to how Sinema and Kelly both won their Senate races by virtually identical margins yet Sinema did better than Kelly margin wise basically everywhere except the area of the old AZ-02 which McSally represented. 2018 turnout in the Hispanic parts of the state were just low.

Santa Cruz was Lopez's home county, so pretty sure that's why she lost that one.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #196 on: August 08, 2022, 10:28:04 PM »

Now this does put a smile on my face
Spectator
United States

« Reply #197 on: August 08, 2022, 10:34:14 PM »

Now this does put a smile on my face

You can’t even make this stuff up lol
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #198 on: August 09, 2022, 03:53:07 AM »

It happens in California & Texas as well. Beto did pretty bad in his Senate primary in South Texas against his Hispanic challenger. Likewise, the only areas Villaraigosa came out on top in his gubernatorial primary was Imperial County & majority-Hispanic congressional districts.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #199 on: August 09, 2022, 07:40:29 AM »

That statement from Lake is absolutely batsh*t insane.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 52  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies