Arizona megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:07:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Arizona megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 52
Author Topic: Arizona megathread  (Read 69713 times)
emailking
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: August 03, 2022, 06:49:20 PM »

She can't bring charges lol.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #151 on: August 03, 2022, 06:50:50 PM »

Let her waste her time on this mishigas instead of campaigning.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #152 on: August 03, 2022, 08:31:43 PM »

Seems to me that, while Hobbs isn't a great candidate, Lake is definitely a worse one. With a national environment looking more like a wash than a red wave, I think that can easily make the difference and deliver a small victory for Hobbs.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2022, 08:23:07 AM »

Hobbs was also seriously underestimated in 2018, as well. No one expected her to come from left field and win.

Meanwhile, Lake out here saying that Hobbs should be in jail.

Spectator
United States

« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2022, 08:28:02 AM »

That is not true. Hobbs was always considered the Democrat most likely to win a statewide race in 2018 after Sinema.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2022, 08:48:18 AM »

Gold help us if these people win. God help us
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2022, 09:19:53 AM »

When is the GOP primary expected to be called?

Seems very likely Lake got this. High risk-high reward race for Dems now. Ugh.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #157 on: August 04, 2022, 09:21:44 AM »

When is the GOP primary expected to be called?

Seems very likely Lake got this. High risk-high reward race for Dems now. Ugh.

Looks like Maricopa is expected to dump a ton of votes tonight, so I'd guess tonight after that it should be called
LostInOhio
United States
« Reply #158 on: August 04, 2022, 10:51:18 AM »

This lady is probably the Trumpiest woman I’ve ever seen. She’s basically like a female DeSantis except crazier. She also has a certain charisma to her that clearly comes from her many years as a media presence. If she wins (God help us) I wouldn’t be surprised to see her as Trump’s running mate. 
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #159 on: August 04, 2022, 11:13:20 AM »

This lady is probably the Trumpiest woman I’ve ever seen. She’s basically like a female DeSantis except crazier. She also has a certain charisma to her that clearly comes from her many years as a media presence. If she wins (God help us) I wouldn’t be surprised to see her as Trump’s running mate. 

She's not even the Trumpiest one in the state; see State Senator Wendy Rogers.  The Arizona GOP seems to have an exceptional concentration of crazies at present.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #160 on: August 04, 2022, 11:24:57 AM »

She's not even the Trumpiest one in the state; see State Senator Wendy Rogers.  The Arizona GOP seems to have an exceptional concentration of crazies at present.

As the saying goes, you can't spell crazy without R-AZ.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #161 on: August 04, 2022, 12:14:17 PM »

There will not be a pivot, and it's very curious to me how Lake thinks this is a winning message for a state that rejected Trumpism in 2020.

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #162 on: August 04, 2022, 12:52:33 PM »

That video is pathetic on multiple levels. omg
Spectator
United States

« Reply #163 on: August 04, 2022, 01:25:03 PM »

I think it often gets missed by people, but being a bumbling idiot ranting about conspiracies only has worked for Donald Trump himself. Never any of the other people that have tried to emulate him, at least in competitive states. Trumpism is unique to the man himself. Not Doug Mastriano. Not Kari Lake. Not Kelly Loeffler.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #164 on: August 04, 2022, 02:15:00 PM »

There's no ocean in Arizona. And no, the footage used was not from Lake Havasu, so let's eliminate that excuse right away.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #165 on: August 04, 2022, 02:18:42 PM »

Credit where credit is due, whoever edited that really put in the effort to have the heads rotate with the bodies.

But think about it this way; that's the equivalent of Hobbs making a similar edit of her with Sanders, Biden, Warren, and AOC. It just creates the opportunity for Lake to be more associated with people who may be problematic for her.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2022, 02:35:55 PM »

First of all the chances Trump is the nominee have fallen considerably from earlier in the year. And secondly Lake won’t be the running mate because she’ll be busy running the show in AZ. And her chances at being on the ticket go down to zero if Finchem loses his race.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2022, 02:39:02 PM »

This is the most extreme group of republican nominees in history. A scary prospect for the nation.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2022, 02:46:36 PM »

First of all the chances Trump is the nominee have fallen considerably from earlier in the year. And secondly Lake won’t be the running mate because she’ll be busy running the show in AZ. And her chances at being on the ticket go down to zero if Finchem loses his race.

I don’t see a world where Lake wins and Fontes wins the SOS race. If Lake wins, all the psychos win.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #169 on: August 04, 2022, 02:47:18 PM »

I don’t see a world where Lake wins and Fontes wins the SOS race.

Is the opposite more likely?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #170 on: August 04, 2022, 02:49:16 PM »

Obviously this would never happen but it’d be funny if Lake keeps spewing lies about election fraud, if Hobbs starts to question Lake’s win and does an “investigation” in to it.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #171 on: August 04, 2022, 02:59:21 PM »

I don’t see a world where Lake wins and Fontes wins the SOS race.

Is the opposite more likely?

It’s hard for me to imagine anyone thinking “Lake is fine, but Finchem is too extreme”. The opposite I can see happen, sure. With moderate Republicans crossing over to vote for Hobbs but not doing much research on the downballot and just voting Republican for the other offices. I do expect there to be a non-negligible number of those types of voters. Kinda like there was a decent amount of voters in 2020 who voted for Biden and Kelly but for Republicans for everything else (see the Maricopa County results where the Sheriff race was the only Dem win).
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #172 on: August 04, 2022, 03:04:12 PM »

If Ds are having a good night, I imagine Yee may be the sole crossover vote here that may be possible. I feel like Lake and Finchem, and to a bit of a lesser extent Masters, are all going to tie themselves together in the extreme wing, so it's gonna be hard to see a ton of crossover in those IMO.

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #173 on: August 04, 2022, 03:17:19 PM »

There will not be a pivot, and it's very curious to me how Lake thinks this is a winning message for a state that rejected Trumpism in 2020.

Except that the people embracing Trumpism don't believe Arizona rejected them. They're in a cult and alternate reality, in which their God Emperor won Arizona and the entire election bigly. Just the RINOs like Ducey and Kemp stole it for Brandon.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #174 on: August 04, 2022, 06:04:43 PM »

Fun fact; in biology/oceanography a “red tide” comes from toxic waste being dumped in the water and it can reek havoc on the local eco system

The same thing is true in politics
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 52  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies