2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 06:31:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 773 774 775 [776] 777 778 779 780 781 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 630421 times)
n1240

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19375 on: November 23, 2020, 07:26:56 PM »

Essex County NY is now a Obama-Trump-Biden county, with Biden winning it by 5%. Biden narrowly fails to flip neighboring Warren County, with Trump winning it by 57 votes (.16%).
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19376 on: November 23, 2020, 07:26:59 PM »

Just proves it was never about the law, fraud, or any legitimate actions relating to the election. It was all about how Donald Trump looks. Really can't wait for this to be over.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #19377 on: November 23, 2020, 07:36:59 PM »

Essex County NY is now a Obama-Trump-Biden county, with Biden winning it by 5%. Biden narrowly fails to flip neighboring Warren County, with Trump winning it by 57 votes (.16%).
You told me that Clinton County, NY will be won by Biden, right? When will we get an update from there?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #19378 on: November 23, 2020, 07:40:53 PM »

Well between this and the COVID vaccine news, I’m feeling hopeful that things will go “back to normal,” more or less, within a year or so.

As Churchill said: “This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.”
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19379 on: November 23, 2020, 07:41:27 PM »

Michigan certified results are here:
https://mielections.us/election/results/2020GEN_CENR.html
n1240

« Reply #19380 on: November 23, 2020, 07:54:33 PM »

You told me that Clinton County, NY will be won by Biden, right? When will we get an update from there?

Turns out they actually have results, it was just not in the link I was usually checking. Biden wins 51.7-46.5, 5.2% margin, just a bit lower than my expectation of 6%.

Still curious as to why St. Lawrence and Lewis counties swung towards Trump. Clinton, Essex, Hamilton, Jefferson, Saratoga (split), and Warren are all within the same district (NY-21) and all swung at least 3.3 points Dem. The only other county in the state outside of NYC that was swung Dem is Rockland, which I think could be explained by a hard swing among Orthodox Jewish communities towards Trump, but don't really have a clue about St. Lawrence or Lewis.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19381 on: November 23, 2020, 07:55:36 PM »

Crazy that Biden has more raw votes in Utah than Trump got in 2016. The turnout+swing is absolutely insane.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19382 on: November 23, 2020, 08:05:16 PM »

Turns out they actually have results, it was just not in the link I was usually checking. Biden wins 51.7-46.5, 5.2% margin, just a bit lower than my expectation of 6%.

Still curious as to why St. Lawrence and Lewis counties swung towards Trump. Clinton, Essex, Hamilton, Jefferson, Saratoga (split), and Warren are all within the same district (NY-21) and all swung at least 3.3 points Dem. The only other county in the state outside of NYC that was swung Dem is Rockland, which I think could be explained by a hard swing among Orthodox Jewish communities towards Trump, but don't really have a clue about St. Lawrence or Lewis.

On average, how much have the completed counties in NY swung toward Biden?  This has important PV implications. 
n1240

« Reply #19383 on: November 23, 2020, 08:06:54 PM »

On average, how much have the completed counties in NY swung toward Biden?  This has important PV implications. 

4.17% with 11.2% increase in vote
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #19384 on: November 23, 2020, 08:17:06 PM »

With those numbers from Essex, Warren and Clinton, Biden is now less than 90,000 votes away from the 80 million mark. If NYC or Suffolk dumped their results, Biden would surpass easily that mark.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19385 on: November 23, 2020, 08:23:34 PM »

4.17% with 11.2% increase in vote

That's pretty big vs. national, though I do expect parts of NYC to still swing right after everything is counted so it will be partially cancelled out.
n1240

« Reply #19386 on: November 23, 2020, 08:28:31 PM »

With those numbers from Essex, Warren and Clinton, Biden is now less than 90,000 votes away from the 80 million mark. If NYC or Suffolk dumped their results, Biden would surpass easily that mark.

44k away with my personal tally for NY, will probably post it in a few hours - waiting on potential update in Nassau since they usually update later in the evening although they could be done counting.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #19387 on: November 23, 2020, 08:31:43 PM »

44k away with my personal tally for NY, will probably post it in a few hours - waiting on potential update in Nassau since they usually update later in the evening although they could be done counting.
Ah, right. I'm following your more recent data and the Politico results page, which is the most updated, just like AP. I thought Nassau had finished counting and in the Long Island area, the last big chunk left was in Suffolk.
n1240

« Reply #19388 on: November 23, 2020, 08:33:55 PM »

Ah, right. I'm following your more recent data and the Politico results page, which is the most updated, just like AP. I though Nassau had finished counting and in the Long Island area, the last big chunk left was in Suffolk.

Nassau might have some provisionals to count but if they have any ballots left it's probably in the range of 5k-10k. Definitely waiting on Suffolk or maybe Erie but neither post nightly updates like Nassau did.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #19389 on: November 23, 2020, 08:36:37 PM »

Trump has always surrounded himself with nut-jobs and weirdos, and he only realizes it now? Well, how he feels about his legal team is how the world and >51% of the country feels about him.
n1240

« Reply #19390 on: November 23, 2020, 08:37:36 PM »

Dane/Milwaukee recount status:

Dane: 11.2% of vote recounted, Biden loses 35 votes, Trump loses 13 votes, Trump net of 22 votes
Milwaukee: 12.6% of vote recounted, Biden gains 1 vote, Trump gains 1 vote, net of 0 votes

Milwaukee City and Madison currently do not have any votes tabulated for their recounts yet.

update:

Dane: 23.2% of vote recounted, Biden loses 51 votes, Trump loses 10 votes, Trump net of 41 votes
Milwaukee: no change, will check later
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #19391 on: November 23, 2020, 08:38:46 PM »

St. Lawrence County could be absence of students.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #19392 on: November 23, 2020, 08:39:33 PM »

Ah, right. I'm following your more recent data and the Politico results page, which is the most updated, just like AP. I though Nassau had finished counting and in the Long Island area, the last big chunk left was in Suffolk.

Nassau might have some provisionals to count but if they have any ballots left it's probably in the range of 5k-10k. Definitely waiting on Suffolk or maybe Erie but neither post nightly updates like Nassau did.
Right, right. Nonetheless, thank you so much for your updates on New York.
n1240

« Reply #19393 on: November 23, 2020, 08:47:05 PM »

St. Lawrence County could be absence of students.

If this were the case I think you'd see a smaller increase in votes since 2016, but St. Lawrence is the 2nd highest increase in votes among all counties in the state with 14.7% more votes among completed counties thus far (Warren #1 with 15.1%, Lewis #3 with 14.5%).
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
« Reply #19394 on: November 23, 2020, 08:55:19 PM »

Dane: 11.2% of vote recounted, Biden loses 35 votes, Trump loses 13 votes, Trump net of 22 votes
Milwaukee: 12.6% of vote recounted, Biden gains 1 vote, Trump gains 1 vote, net of 0 votes

Milwaukee City and Madison currently do not have any votes tabulated for their recounts yet.

update:

Dane: 23.2% of vote recounted, Biden loses 51 votes, Trump loses 10 votes, Trump net of 41 votes
Anything to worry about?
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #19395 on: November 23, 2020, 08:56:18 PM »

update:

Anything to worry about?
No Biden will win Wisconsin buts it's a bit weird that a larger than expected share of votes are not being considered.
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
« Reply #19396 on: November 23, 2020, 08:57:59 PM »

update:

Anything to worry about?
No Biden will win Wisconsin buts it's a bit weird that a larger than expected share of votes are not being considered.
Does it give credence to those bonkers conspiracy theories?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19397 on: November 23, 2020, 09:02:30 PM »

update:

Anything to worry about?

Trump only nets about 300-400 votes tops if you extrapolate it out.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19398 on: November 23, 2020, 09:28:38 PM »

Side note: Trump is very lucky he's never been a Michigan resident, because Nessel would TOTALLY indict him for tax fraud or any other shady thing he did once he's a private citizen. Has Trump ever owned any properties in Michigan? If so I bet she'll be probing those finances anyway...

LOL, you think the NY AG is any less eager?  and you get the added benefit of a NY jury pool instead of a MI jury pool.  Trump's histrionics post election are about his looming jail prospects.

If the Trump Org was in FL instead, the AG would potentially be some corrupt swamp creature like Pam Bondi. Bondi dropped a investigation into the Trump Org in the 2000's after she got a big campaign donation from Trump. DeSantis would probably pardon Trump for any FL charge as well.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #19399 on: November 23, 2020, 09:48:52 PM »

update:

Anything to worry about?
Does it give credence to those bonkers conspiracy theories?
No the margin is over 20k, this is very minor. Also recounts change the margin by hundreds of votes at most not much else
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 773 774 775 [776] 777 778 779 780 781 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies