2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 09:35:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 765 766 767 [768] 769 770 771 772 773 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 655567 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19175 on: November 22, 2020, 09:03:14 AM »

So if I'm understanding things right, this next Georgia recount will just be a machine recount?
Yup if they request it, I'm not sure if they have to pay for it

No, it's paid for by the state (i.e. us Georgia taxpayers).
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #19176 on: November 22, 2020, 09:17:30 AM »

I support individual freedoms, small government, and personal responsibility.

However, I don't support selfishness couched in "individual freedoms" e.g., like not wearing a mask even though it's a public health emergency. 

I am not really a libertarian though I just don't like either major party.  But right now the Democratic Party is far better and far less corrupt.

You see, that's part of the problem with the whole Libertarian Party and libertarianism — most of the backers are not real libertarians, they just don't like the two party system.  Like it or not, mask mandates and lockdowns go against the core values of the libertarian ideology. It has been interesting to see a lot of self described "libertarians" back themselves into a corner on this issue, though.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19177 on: November 22, 2020, 09:31:45 AM »

However, I don't support selfishness couched in "individual freedoms" e.g., like not wearing a mask even though it's a public health emergency. 

I am not really a libertarian though I just don't like either major party.  But right now the Democratic Party is far better and far less corrupt.

You see, that's part of the problem with the whole Libertarian Party and libertarianism — most of the backers are not real libertarians, they just don't like the two party system.  Like it or not, mask mandates and lockdowns go against the core values of the libertarian ideology. It has been interesting to see a lot of self described "libertarians" back themselves into a corner on this issue, though.

That’s like saying you can’t be a Democrat if you are against gun control or something.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19178 on: November 22, 2020, 09:34:18 AM »

True libertarianism is just completely insustainable. Most extreme ideologies are. Even Robert Nozick himself more or less acknowledged that in the years before his death.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #19179 on: November 22, 2020, 09:53:51 AM »

Please take the libertarianism discussion to a separate thread.  It's derailing this one.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19180 on: November 22, 2020, 09:57:43 AM »

A little off topic but can you change your avatar? You're the least-libertarian libertarian I have ever seen lol

how so?

I don't get that either. Some of the most anti Trump people I know are libertarians.

Which makes sense. Trumpism is about as anti libertarian as one can get.

No. Trump allowed tax cuts and deregulations and other rollbacks, which fit perfectly with the small government stupidity.
forza nocta

« Reply #19181 on: November 22, 2020, 10:24:47 AM »

Why is the Trump campaign’s thing with Kemp not getting more media attention? They’re straight up accusing a GOP (Trumplican) governor of being paid off by Venezuela to rig the election for Biden...Those are HUGE allegations lmao
Dumbo
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #19182 on: November 22, 2020, 11:23:56 AM »

Why is the Trump campaign’s thing with Kemp not getting more media attention? They’re straight up accusing a GOP (Trumplican) governor of being paid off by Venezuela to rig the election for Biden...Those are HUGE allegations lmao

Because those allegations are somewhat normal since Trump has turned the presidency into a clown show four years ago.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #19183 on: November 22, 2020, 11:27:17 AM »

What's the latest ?

Is Trump golfing again, instead of working for the American people ?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #19184 on: November 22, 2020, 11:31:03 AM »

The Democratic transition into becoming the party of the wealthy is truly astonishing and depressing.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #19185 on: November 22, 2020, 11:42:25 AM »

The Democratic transition into becoming the party of the wealthy is truly astonishing and depressing.
Stop it. The Democratic Party isn't the "party of the wealthy" because of this election.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #19186 on: November 22, 2020, 11:47:25 AM »

Most Democrats aren't wealthy(obv) and most wealthy aren't democrats
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19187 on: November 22, 2020, 11:50:13 AM »
« Edited: November 22, 2020, 12:39:14 PM by Frank »

Up to Montana, these are the states that have posted certified results:
1.Delaware
2.Florida
3.Georgia
4.Hawaii
5.Kentucky
6.Louisiana.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #19188 on: November 22, 2020, 11:53:03 AM »

1.Delaware
2.Florida
3.Georgia
4.Hawaii
5.Louisiana.

Hawaii has not yet.

After the deadline "tomorrow", it says here:

https://elections.hawaii.gov/resources/registration-voter-turnout-statistics/
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19189 on: November 22, 2020, 11:54:55 AM »

This is the aggregate U.S House result in Georgia
Total Votes, 4,883,485
Republican  2,490,396, 51.0%
Democratic 2,393,089, 49.0
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19190 on: November 22, 2020, 11:57:14 AM »

1.Delaware
2.Florida
3.Georgia
4.Hawaii
5.Louisiana.

Hawaii has not yet.

Not 100% sure.  This is the 'final summary report' with the 'deadline to file election objections' on Monday.

https://elections.hawaii.gov/wp-content/results/histatewide.pdf

You are probably correct, but I think that is the final result unless there are any objections.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #19191 on: November 22, 2020, 11:58:22 AM »

That's not true, but what is true is that Republican Party is becoming the party of conspiracy theorists and people willing to overturn fair election results if they lose. That is disturbing.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #19192 on: November 22, 2020, 11:58:43 AM »

1.Delaware
2.Florida
3.Georgia
4.Hawaii
5.Louisiana.

Hawaii has not yet.

Not 100% sure.  This is the 'final summary report' with the 'deadline to file election objections' on Monday.

https://elections.hawaii.gov/wp-content/results/histatewide.pdf

"Results for the 2020 General Election will be certified following the Election Objection Deadline on November 23, 2020."

Your PDF are the results, but they are not official yet.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #19193 on: November 22, 2020, 12:04:31 PM »

Stop it. The Democratic Party isn't the "party of the wealthy" because of this election.

I find it interesting that as soon as I say something that goes against the narrative here, people jump down my throat again. Why should I be surprised at this?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #19194 on: November 22, 2020, 12:12:58 PM »

I find it interesting that as soon as I say something that goes against the narrative here, people jump down my throat again. Why should I be surprised at this?

Because your proposition was an overgeneralization.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #19195 on: November 22, 2020, 12:15:02 PM »

As far as I know, our policies haven't changed.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #19196 on: November 22, 2020, 12:18:53 PM »

I don't think so. While I'm well aware that Trump still carried a considerable number of upper-class suburban counties-such as Hamilton, Douglas, and Williamson Counties-and while I'm aware that much of the wealthy still skews Republican, the trend among this demographic towards Democrats is undeniable. I've seen map after map, analysis after analysis, demonstrating how Democrats have made inroads into precincts that once gave solid or overwhelming margins to W. Bush, McCain, and Romney, and which can be said to exemplify this demographic-such as the municipalities in Michigan alluded to above. And as I've stated previously, I believe that these current trends are at odds with the Party's historical mission and founding ideology.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #19197 on: November 22, 2020, 12:25:30 PM »

ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #19198 on: November 22, 2020, 12:28:43 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2020, 12:35:14 PM by ηєω ƒяσηтιєя »

I don't think so. While I'm well aware that Trump still carried a considerable number of upper-class suburban counties-such as Hamilton, Douglas, and Williamson Counties-and while I'm aware that much of the wealthy still skews Republican, the trend among this demographic towards Democrats is undeniable. I've seen map after map, analysis after analysis, demonstrating how Democrats have made inroads into precincts that once gave solid or overwhelming margins to W. Bush, McCain, and Romney, and which can be said to exemplify this demographic-such as the municipalities in Michigan alluded to above. And as I've stated previously, I believe that these current trends are at odds with the Party's historical mission and founding ideology.
Just because some suburbs have shifted doesn't mean that the Democratic Party is the "party of the wealthy". That's not the case at all.

Most people making less than $50,000 voted for Biden. Most non-White voters voted for Biden and we know that many non-White voters are working class. Also, the policies of the Democratic Party has not changed substantially in any way. We all know that the biggest reason for the shift in some suburbs to Democrats is due to higher educational attainment and certainly NOT higher income. Also, Trump's behavior and the sycophantic Republicans behind him is a major cause of this shift.

Finally, you like to respond to being called out by thinking that it's an "attack" on you. It's not, it's CORRECTING you.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19199 on: November 22, 2020, 12:30:51 PM »

Like a dozen new election fraud tweets & retweets this morning but I'll just post this one.

Pages: 1 ... 763 764 765 766 767 [768] 769 770 771 772 773 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies