2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:19:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 746 747 748 [749] 750 751 752 753 754 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 650878 times)
compucomp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18700 on: November 19, 2020, 11:05:58 AM »

Remind me again why Hillary was wrong for saying half of Trump supporters are awful?

She was not.  Around 50% of Trump supporters are literal criminals yet it's inappropriate to discuss this fact.  Instead we must allow them to engage in their criminality in plain view. 

If Democrats don't hold them accountable when Biden is in office I am going to vote straight Republican in the midterms and tell my elected officials that I'm doing it in protest of their inaction.

"The Republican Party is full of criminals, so if you don't prosecute them, I'll vote for them instead." What kind of logic is that? Why not vote for the Libertarian candidates instead?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18701 on: November 19, 2020, 11:07:50 AM »

So much like election night red states are off to a quick advantage in certification and Trump has way more electoral votes locked up.  Democrats are terrible with optics.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #18702 on: November 19, 2020, 11:08:45 AM »

BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #18703 on: November 19, 2020, 11:17:02 AM »

I guess if worse comes to worst and the state board refuses to certify:

I was unaware that she had this power as governor.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18704 on: November 19, 2020, 11:17:36 AM »

Remind me again why Hillary was wrong for saying half of Trump supporters are awful?

She was not.  Around 50% of Trump supporters are literal criminals yet it's inappropriate to discuss this fact.  Instead we must allow them to engage in their criminality in plain view. 

If Democrats don't hold them accountable when Biden is in office I am going to vote straight Republican in the midterms and tell my elected officials that I'm doing it in protest of their inaction.

"The Republican Party is full of criminals, so if you don't prosecute them, I'll vote for them instead." What kind of logic is that? Why not vote for the Libertarian candidates instead?

Non Swing Voter's posts, from what I've seen, seem to be routinely hyperbolic in their tone and language, and almost seem to be the perfect caricature of the "elitist" suburbanite who is so despised by the Republican base. As I've stated elsewhere, many of those who voted for Trump are indeed morally detestable, but the same can be said for many Biden voters, and such overgeneralizations don't work to the benefit of anyone.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18705 on: November 19, 2020, 11:23:07 AM »

Non Swing Voter's posts, from what I've seen, seem to be routinely hyperbolic in their tone and language, and almost seem to be the perfect caricature of the "elitist" suburbanite who is so despised by the Republican base. As I've stated elsewhere, many of those who voted for Trump are indeed morally detestable, but the same can be said for many Biden voters, and such overgeneralizations don't work to the benefit of anyone.
Oh please don't #bothsides this. We are experiencing a vast amount of republican officials engaging in an outright attempt to steal an election.
Splash
United States

« Reply #18706 on: November 19, 2020, 11:23:47 AM »

I guess if worse comes to worst and the state board refuses to certify:

I was unaware that she had this power as governor.

If it comes to that, I think it would be easier to just have the courts compel the state board to certify the results. The statutory language is pretty clear in that it says the board "shall" certify - that doesn't leave a lot of room for ambiguity.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18707 on: November 19, 2020, 11:27:57 AM »

Oh please don't #bothsides this. We are experiencing a vast amount of republican officials engaging in an outright attempt to steal an election.

I'm aware of what we're seeing, but it astonishes me how so many on here already seem to be forgetting the lessons which this election's results should have taught us.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #18708 on: November 19, 2020, 11:34:57 AM »

Few more ballots here & there in PA, remains pretty static

Joe Biden 3,454,686 (50.02%)
Donald Trump 3,372,329 (48.83%)
Jo Jorgensen 79,299 (1.15%)

Biden lead: +82,357
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #18709 on: November 19, 2020, 11:36:43 AM »

I'm aware of what we're seeing, but it astonishes me how so many on here already seem to be forgetting the lessons which this election's results should have taught us.

.... that voters are clearly, for whatever reason, more willing to overlook Republicans flaws than Democrats?
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #18710 on: November 19, 2020, 12:01:52 PM »

I was hoping we'd get clearer answers this morning on whether the two Wayne County board members signing affidavits opposing certification actually meant anything. Seems like the consensus is a hesitant no, and that their only option would be litigation which probably wouldn't work. In the end, its probably all for show and won't have an effect, but I can't help but worry all the same.

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #18711 on: November 19, 2020, 12:04:52 PM »

So much like election night red states are off to a quick advantage in certification and Trump has way more electoral votes locked up.  Democrats are terrible with optics.

How are the states' certification date differences the fault of Democrats? Come on now, yeesh.
Asta

« Reply #18712 on: November 19, 2020, 12:05:26 PM »

Fuzzy, where you at? How are you going to spin this one?

"But BLM!!!"
Shilly
United States

« Reply #18713 on: November 19, 2020, 12:07:40 PM »

Looks like they're going for the coup in Michigan.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18714 on: November 19, 2020, 12:09:01 PM »

Those messages are sickening. Republicans have become akin to a cult and a street gang. Obsessive, unreasonable demands for loyalty and threats of violence for not complying with said demands.

Democrats need to start putting some people in jail or else they won't get the message.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #18715 on: November 19, 2020, 12:10:49 PM »

It’s not even a remotely close state, about as close as Florida is. Who’s to say there wasn’t mass fraud there? Again, Miami-Dade results seem fishy to me so we gotta overturn the whole outcome.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18716 on: November 19, 2020, 12:14:31 PM »

There is only one side that is trying to steal the election. There is only one side that is trying to throw out ballots.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18717 on: November 19, 2020, 12:14:50 PM »

It’s not even a remotely close state, about as close as Florida is. Who’s to say there wasn’t mass fraud there? Again, Miami-Dade results seem fishy to me so we gotta overturn the whole outcome.

Yeah. There was no major election fraud/ voter fraud in this election. But if ANYTHING is amiss, its what happens year after year in Florida.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #18718 on: November 19, 2020, 12:20:08 PM »

If there was fraud anywhere, it would likely be in Florida, there no reason why this state swung so heavily towards Trump while the rest of the country swung away
iceman
United States

« Reply #18719 on: November 19, 2020, 12:23:04 PM »

I think Ohio is mostly in now, fell short of reaching 6 million vote mark.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18720 on: November 19, 2020, 12:23:51 PM »

If there was fraud anywhere, it would likely be in Florida, there no reason why this state swung so heavily towards Trump while the rest of the country swung away

TBF, the swings we saw in FL were correlated with many other parts of the country; rural majority-minority areas swung towards Trump alongside some urban Hispanic voters, while Biden improved in suburbs.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18721 on: November 19, 2020, 12:38:44 PM »

I found this video interesting.
I wish the current GSA administrator would just do the right thing, and have her dept declare Biden the apparent winner, and thus allow Biden to officially start the transition process.
I'm aware this will not necessarily end trump's/Giuliani's BS of lawsuits and trying to overturn the election, but it will be a huge punch to the gut.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #18722 on: November 19, 2020, 12:41:08 PM »

Didn't see the press conference. Was is as delusional as I suspect or did Rudy actually bring any real evidence this time?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18723 on: November 19, 2020, 12:50:15 PM »
« Edited: November 24, 2020, 11:22:53 AM by We Made PA Blue Again! »

So Rudy hinted that they might challenge the results in VIRGINIA.

This is so unbelievably sad.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18724 on: November 19, 2020, 12:52:59 PM »

So, Rudy hinted that they might challenge the results in VIRGINIA.

This is so unbelievably sad.

ahahahahaha

The Rudy Giuliani unintentional comedy tour continues.
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 746 747 748 [749] 750 751 752 753 754 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies