2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 03:35:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 611 612 613 [614] 615 616 617 618 619 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 647419 times)
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15325 on: November 07, 2020, 12:41:05 AM »

Like so many other things, Trump's smartness ended up blowing up in his face. He hoped that by working with Republican state legislatures to delay the counting of mail-in votes, he could prematurely declare victory on election night after apparently winning a landslide in the swing states.

While he did declare victory, his lead in one swing state after another slowly melted over three days and turned what could have been a quick death into a long torture. It only made him look more impotent than if the count could have been completed on election night.

But, the fact that Trump was ~1% from winning the deciding states is still mortifying.

As a good Catholic, I'm not supposed to believe in karma. But this drama is perfectly fitting for this year.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #15326 on: November 07, 2020, 12:42:42 AM »
« Edited: November 07, 2020, 12:46:21 AM by roxas11 »

I will say that at least when it comes to this issue of Covid Biden clearly has a mandate and He will have Huge public support behind him when it comes to getting more stimulus to the American people during this pandemic

I believe that most of American people will simply not tolerate anybody who they believe is blocking stimulus from passing. I think that is big part of the reason why Nancy and the dems in the house took a hit in this election because A lot of voters thought that she was simply playing politics when it came to passing more stimulus.

This is warrning for the GOP
If they obstruct when it comes to Covid voters may not automatically reward them for it
Nancy and the Dems learned that leason the hard way during this election.....
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #15327 on: November 07, 2020, 12:43:48 AM »

Wait a second, will this really be higher turnout than 1896? Wikipedia claims 1896 was 79.3%. I really doubt we could get that high.

I thought I heard a pundit say the estimated final total of ~155M would - at ~60.2% turnout - equate to the highest turnout since 1968's 60.7%.
TRKL1917
Rookie
« Reply #15328 on: November 07, 2020, 12:45:45 AM »

So, how are we feeling about a call tomorrow? PA should put Biden over the recount line, no? And more AZ + NV dumps by noon EST?
It doesn’t matter if the election is called for Biden because it’s obvious Trump will refuse to concede and will never leave the White House. The reason for this being that he will launch a nonstop barrage of recounts and lawsuits that will stop PA, AZ, WI, GA, and NV, from being certified, thus preventing Biden from winning 270 electoral votes and throwing the election to the House which will elect Trump (each state delegation gets one vote and Republicans hold a 26-20-4 lead in state delegations despite Democrats holding a narrow House majority after their disappointing 2020 results). This means Trump will serve four more years in office despite losing the election, and will proceed to establish full-blown Neoliberal, Technocratic, Fascism, (this will be aided by the 4th industrial Revolution that will eliminate the Working Class, which has been accelerated by the exaggerated Coronavirus Pandemic democrats foolishly shilled for) and be succeeded by Don Jr. or Ivanka as president due to the Democrats becoming a full-blown controlled opposition minority party (they’ve been trending in this direction since 1980) and thus spending the rest of his life in the White House (either as President or as the father of the president) as the founding member of the Trump dynasty.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #15329 on: November 07, 2020, 12:47:32 AM »

So, how are we feeling about a call tomorrow? PA should put Biden over the recount line, no? And more AZ + NV dumps by noon EST?
It doesn’t matter if the election is called for Biden because it’s obvious Trump will refuse to concede and will never leave the White House. The reason for this being that he will launch a nonstop barrage of recounts and lawsuits that will stop PA, AZ, WI, GA, and NV, from being certified, thus preventing Biden from winning 270 electoral votes and throwing the election to the House which will elect Trump (each state delegation gets one vote and Republicans hold a 26-20-4 lead in state delegations despite Democrats holding a narrow House majority after their disappointing 2020 results). This means Trump will serve four more years in office despite losing the election, and will proceed to establish full-blown Neoliberal, Technocratic, Fascism, (this will be aided by the 4th industrial Revolution that will eliminate the Working Class, which has been accelerated by the exaggerated Coronavirus Pandemic democrats foolishly shilled for) and be succeeded by Don Jr. or Ivanka as president due to the Democrats becoming a full-blown controlled opposition minority party (they’ve been trending in this direction since 1980) and thus spending the rest of his life in the White House (either as President or as the father of the president) as the founding member of the Trump dynasty.

i mean this is a fantasy but most of the lawsuits from trump have been absolute failures and disregarded. It also doesnt seem congressional republicans are enthusiastic about this
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #15330 on: November 07, 2020, 12:48:08 AM »

Wait a second, will this really be higher turnout than 1896? Wikipedia claims 1896 was 79.3%. I really doubt we could get that high.

I thought I heard a pundit say the estimated final total of ~155M would - at ~60.2% turnout - equate to the highest turnout since 1968's 60.7%.

I've been hearing 160M in most media, something around 66-67%. Alben Barkley was the one who said 1896.
Lewist123
Rookie

« Reply #15331 on: November 07, 2020, 12:50:59 AM »

Is anything still counting in large enough numbers, or can I go to sleep? Are we even expecting a call tomorrow or is this going to drag on into next week... There's only so much CNN filler I can take!
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15332 on: November 07, 2020, 12:53:21 AM »

Multnomah County Oregon continues it's trajectory in 2020, with what appears to be the highest number of votes ever cast, as well as what is likely the highest % of DEM votes ever cast for PRES, although I don't have my charts immediately handy on that one.

79.3% Biden vs 17.9% Trump   (+61.4% D) vs 

2012: 73.3% HRC and 17.0% Trump  (+56.3% D)

+5.1% D Swing  '16 > '20

(2008 was 76.7% Obama vs 20.6% McCain for reference).

Without delving too deeply into the math at this point, it does appear that 3rd Party voting did much more heavily impact HRC here than it did Trump.

There does not appear to have been an Anti-Biden backlash in Multnomah County, despite the Months of frequent (for Months almost daily) clashes between police, Federal Agents, & demonstrators since the death of George Floyd.

It should also be noted that there was a significant increase in "new voters" in Multnomah County, both likely as a result of net migration into the County, innate population growth (voters coming of age), as well as more voters getting drawn into the Eligible Voter pool and sent "unsolicited ballots" as a direct result of AVR through the State DMV.

Also, it looks as those Trump only won (4) precincts within the County.

4901, 4905, 5105, and 5203....

Three of those were Unincorporated areas of East County, and one was a precinct in Troutdale.

Not sure how much results will change before final results are certified, but I'm not thinking there is much out there other than a few minor changes...

Still, I am holding off on running the precinct numbers for now by place within Multnomah County looking for swings, but if someone else wants to take a peak while we wait for election result updates Tomorrow... Wink

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #15333 on: November 07, 2020, 12:54:14 AM »

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #15334 on: November 07, 2020, 01:11:46 AM »

Not yet. I still think Biden is a narrow favorite, but a Trump victory would not surprise me at all at this point.

No, he has definitely won.

Man I'll be busy all weekend with this well aged stuff.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15335 on: November 07, 2020, 01:14:34 AM »

BRTD is onto something.

Crazy Forumlurker warned you all that Trump would win again.
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #15336 on: November 07, 2020, 01:19:18 AM »

I know who you voted for in 2020

GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15337 on: November 07, 2020, 01:21:18 AM »

I am going through vote drop withdrawal...

I need a hit.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15338 on: November 07, 2020, 01:26:58 AM »
« Edited: November 07, 2020, 01:30:34 AM by NOVA Green »

I am going through vote drop withdrawal...

I need a hit.

We could always discuss the results we already have received.... there's enough "hits" out there just trying to sift through the (admittedly incomplete results in many states) unofficial data we got....

Might work as a "Resin Hit"....
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15339 on: November 07, 2020, 01:28:59 AM »

RIP Lou

But it's real, I'm looking at state county maps like a fiend looking for any remaining votes in PA and Georgia.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15340 on: November 07, 2020, 01:35:01 AM »

RIP Lou

But it's real, I'm looking at state county maps like a fiend looking for any remaining votes in PA and Georgia.

I remember doing that in Ohio in 2004 and even going through and looking a precinct level data over the next Month trying to find any evidence that might have supported a conspiracy theory that one of my roommates had back then about how the Election Voting Machines were somehow being hacked...

Pretty sure Team Biden has a good crew working these items, and they likely have a slightly better idea than we do of which exact ballots are outstanding (PA has Party ID REG) so unfortunately looks like we gotta wait for updates until Tomorrow.   Sad
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #15341 on: November 07, 2020, 01:36:54 AM »

Apparently Ralston says there should be a Nevada update tommorow at 9. I mean that's gotta be enough to call it
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #15342 on: November 07, 2020, 01:44:08 AM »

Idiot

BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15343 on: November 07, 2020, 01:50:23 AM »

Oh dear, this thing STILL hasn't been called. Just woke up. Very disappointing.

So can anybody give me the rundown of what has happened over the last 8-9 hours or so?

- Biden up almost 29k in PA. Did Allegheny finally come in? Do we have any new info on what remains and why the hell they aren't calling it to end this nightmare?

- I assume that NV is still safe and the media is just not calling it because reasons?

- 4k+ ahead in GA. Do we even know what the remaining ballots are or how many military ballots have come in?

- It seems like not much has happened in AZ. I assume we still believe that Biden has got this?

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #15344 on: November 07, 2020, 01:52:40 AM »

There will unironically be entire chapters in future history textbooks devoted to “Will you shut up, man?”
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #15345 on: November 07, 2020, 01:53:36 AM »

Is this sh*t still going on ?

I hoped CNN calls it for Biden overnight.

There is no fukking chance Trump can still win this, based on votes left.

He can only bully his way to another term, but in this case the American people or the military need to drag him out of the WH by his nuts ...
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #15346 on: November 07, 2020, 02:03:31 AM »

Idiot

He looks like a sleazy radio host from the 1950s; way too much hair gel.
MABA 2020
MakeAmericaBritishAgain
United Kingdom

« Reply #15347 on: November 07, 2020, 02:04:07 AM »

I'm back from a couple days away from this forum and US politics in general and how has the race not been called yet? wth is taking so long?

But yay Biden won (or is almost certainly gonna win)
ObamaMichael
Rookie
« Reply #15348 on: November 07, 2020, 02:07:34 AM »

Hi guys, just woke up... what happened, what's the current situation in AZ, NV, PA?
TRKL1917
Rookie
« Reply #15349 on: November 07, 2020, 02:09:00 AM »

Idiot

If Democrats were smart they would stop prematurely celebrating and prepare for the inevitable fact that Trump is going to attempt to stay in power even if Biden’s projected to win the election. Sadly, due to the Democrats role as controlled opposition they’ll let Trump steam roll them with a barrage of recounts and lawsuits that will stop Biden’s victory from being certified and throw the election to the 26 Republican house delegations who will re-elect Trump. In the aftermath of this their will be major riots that will be crushed by the Military and used to usher in Martial law and Neoliberal Technocratic Fascism under a Trump dynasty.
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 611 612 613 [614] 615 616 617 618 619 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies