2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:18:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 514 515 516 [517] 518 519 520 521 522 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 618068 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12900 on: November 06, 2020, 12:04:51 AM »

I can’t believe I’m saying it, but Mitch McConnell is better than Lindsey Graham. I hoped against hope that after win ing another 6 years, Lindsey would moderate himself again. Instead he is as far as I know now the ONLY major GOP figure who has implicitly endorsed ignoring the vote and letting state legislatures pick alternative Republican electors. Mitch wasn’t having that s—t, just said all the votes need to be counted.

I know people joke a lot about Graham being gay, but I genuinely suspect Trump has some sort of psychosexual hold on him.

I know there are apparently many gay people here based on earlier in the thread. I don’t want to offend anybody but for those of you who are gay and/or have ties to the gay community:

1. What does your gaydar say about Graham indeed being gay?

2. Do you think this is sufficient to explain the change we have seen in his behavior for the past few years?

I mean, if you are gay you should know better than anybody how perceptions of being gay have shifted since Obergefell, and how likely it is that someone would go out of their way to betray everything they ostensibly believe in to avoid being outed.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12901 on: November 06, 2020, 12:05:18 AM »

It's 12:01.

WHERE ARE MY BALLOTS, GEORGIA?!?

lol Clayton is still counting scanning and some people think the Secretary of State for Georgia might be done for the night.

Buzz

« Reply #12902 on: November 06, 2020, 12:05:32 AM »

THIS is Trump's rhetoric.
No.  This is some random redneck idiot
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #12903 on: November 06, 2020, 12:05:41 AM »

Please stop responding to SN, Buzz or any other obvious troll. The last couple pages have just been a wall of solid blue lines
McGarnagle
SomethingPolitical

« Reply #12904 on: November 06, 2020, 12:06:04 AM »

It is some random redneck idiot who is responding to Trump's rhetoric.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #12905 on: November 06, 2020, 12:06:23 AM »

Sounds like a Trump supporter to me.
McGarnagle
SomethingPolitical

« Reply #12906 on: November 06, 2020, 12:06:45 AM »

Good Massive Attack album, but I prefer Mezzanine
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #12907 on: November 06, 2020, 12:06:52 AM »

It's 12:01.

WHERE ARE MY BALLOTS, GEORGIA?!?

lol Clayton is still counting scanning and some people think the Secretary of State for Georgia might be done for the night.

R A F F E N S P E R G E R

#BarrowWouldHaveCounted
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #12908 on: November 06, 2020, 12:07:33 AM »

How much vote is outstanding in PA now? Did Philly report? Is PA pretty much a done thing for Biden like we thought 8 hours ago when I went to bed?

What about Arizona. Any way that that is slipping from Biden?
175k ballots left in PA, 58k from Philly and 36k from Allegheny (those will be counted tomorrow)
OK, so basically PA should be safe for Biden by now?

Nate Silver said as much and based on the numbers, I agree.

Funny how PA was the state people were arguably dooming the most about, but in the end might be Biden’s best or second-best of the “big three.” Hell there were people who thought AZ, GA, NC, and FL would vote to the left of PA. Sure doesn’t look like it.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12909 on: November 06, 2020, 12:08:32 AM »

What about Protection though?
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
« Reply #12910 on: November 06, 2020, 12:08:42 AM »

Way to disappoint me republicans Sad

But seriously, no to the top 3, please no.

Yea not the most inspiring top 3.  Pence is fine and Haley is meh.  Don Jr. is a big HELL NO.  Where is Josh Hawley?!?!

Hawley isn't on the list. Would probably be in my top 3 choices, though for some reason I see him as more vice president material.
McGarnagle
SomethingPolitical

« Reply #12911 on: November 06, 2020, 12:09:02 AM »

Also really good
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #12912 on: November 06, 2020, 12:09:20 AM »
« Edited: November 06, 2020, 12:12:42 AM by Red Velvet »

Not going to lie, as a non-American, following these results has changed my entire perception of time. Can we please just have something to put us all out of our misery?

And the worst thing is that the mainstream TV news here practically don’t talk about anything else while this is going on, so there’s no escaping it. You inevitably get pulled into this.

Just give the name of the person we’re going to sh**t at for next four years and let people move on. And for the world’s sake, please consider adopting electronic voting machines.

Everyone knows Biden won this, they should just call Georgia and Nevada and free us from this torture. More than two days for a result??

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #12913 on: November 06, 2020, 12:09:34 AM »

We made it to DAY FOUR OF THE ELECTION everyone, glad we're all still f***ing here.
McGarnagle
SomethingPolitical

« Reply #12914 on: November 06, 2020, 12:09:56 AM »

Yea not the most inspiring top 3.  Pence is fine and Haley is meh.  Don Jr. is a big HELL NO.  Where is Josh Hawley?!?!

Hawley isn't on the list. Would probably be in my top 3 choices, though for some reason I see him as more vice president material.

If you nominate Charlie Baker or Brian Sandoval you can probably win it. But the GOP will probably nominate Pence.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #12915 on: November 06, 2020, 12:09:59 AM »

I can’t believe I’m saying it, but Mitch McConnell is better than Lindsey Graham. I hoped against hope that after win ing another 6 years, Lindsey would moderate himself again. Instead he is as far as I know now the ONLY major GOP figure who has implicitly endorsed ignoring the vote and letting state legislatures pick alternative Republican electors. Mitch wasn’t having that s—t, just said all the votes need to be counted.

I know people joke a lot about Graham being gay, but I genuinely suspect Trump has some sort of psychosexual hold on him.

I know there are apparently many gay people here based on earlier in the thread. I don’t want to offend anybody but for those of you who are gay and/or have ties to the gay community:

2. Do you think this is sufficient to explain the change we have seen in his behavior for the past few years?

I mean, if you are gay you should know better than anybody how perceptions of being gay have shifted since Obergefell, and how likely it is that someone would go out of their way to betray everything they ostensibly believe in to avoid being outed.

I don't think Graham is afraid of being outed. I think he wants Trump to be his straightalpha.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
« Reply #12916 on: November 06, 2020, 12:11:30 AM »

If you nominate Charlie Baker or Brian Sandoval you can probably win it. But the GOP will probably nominate Pence.

My gut says Nikki Haley but I hope I'm wrong.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12917 on: November 06, 2020, 12:11:34 AM »

Please stop responding to SN, Buzz or any other obvious troll. The last couple pages have just been a wall of solid blue lines

How is Buzz trolling here?
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #12918 on: November 06, 2020, 12:12:10 AM »

Well I'll give my $.02. He's not gay, I'll make the jokes, but he's really not.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #12919 on: November 06, 2020, 12:12:46 AM »

Just give the name of the person we’re going to sh**t at for next four years and let people move on. And for the world’s sake, please consider adopting electronic voting machines.

In theory, it sounds better, but then you have larger overhead for machine costs (repair/replacement), which inevitably gets neglected and leads to years of using old, constantly-malfunctioning machines. Also, the lack of stringent security requirements means manufacturers are still putting out voting equipment that have the security of Windows programs from the 1990s (in other words: none).

Our local/state governments are simply not responsible nor competent enough to make it work at this current time.
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #12920 on: November 06, 2020, 12:13:28 AM »

Just imagine how bad Buttigeg would have done. He did TERRIBLE with Latinos, by far the worst with minorities out of any candidate in the primary. Also very elitist.

You can say that again. I'm glad we agree on something in this thread.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #12921 on: November 06, 2020, 12:14:37 AM »

Just imagine how bad Buttigeg would have done. He did TERRIBLE with Latinos, by far the worst with minorities out of any candidate in the primary. Also very elitist.

You can say that again. I'm glad we agree on something in this thread.

But he would have gotten millions of Hispanic endorsements from people who forgot to check their spam folder!
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12922 on: November 06, 2020, 12:16:06 AM »

So got off work a little early, check into Atlas and had to go through about (70) additional pages since I last checked in, much of which was relatively irrelevant.

Am I the only one who has read all (519) pages of this thread since I don't have anyone on ignore?

So basically, we're either waiting for Biden to take the lead in GA Tonight in Clayton County, or if not than after Gwinnett reports tomorrow Morning, but even so likely not called by networks bcs of Provisionals and Overseas Ballots (Plus Recount Zone).

PA might well see Biden take a lead Tonight from a combination of Philly updates every two hours (are they counting all Night?) or miscellaneous counties reporting updates?

Allegheny likely won't be the County to push Biden over the top, bcs counting won't be restarted until Tomorrow.

Is that a correct summary of the situation now?
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12923 on: November 06, 2020, 12:16:39 AM »

In theory, it sounds better, but then you have larger overhead for machine costs (repair/replacement), which inevitably gets neglected and leads to years of using old, constantly-malfunctioning machines. Also, the lack of stringent security requirements means manufacturers are still putting out voting equipment that have the security of Windows programs from the 1990s (in other words: none).

Our local/state governments are simply not responsible nor competent enough to make it work at this current time.

I need a paper back-up for transparency and honest accounting.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #12924 on: November 06, 2020, 12:17:08 AM »

Any Georgia updates?
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 514 515 516 [517] 518 519 520 521 522 ... 818  
« previous next »