2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 05:23:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 349 350 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 645919 times)
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8600 on: November 04, 2020, 11:24:46 PM »

Is Pennsylvania counting all night?
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #8601 on: November 04, 2020, 11:24:50 PM »

won 56-42
musicblind
United States

« Reply #8602 on: November 04, 2020, 11:25:07 PM »

From the perspective of a supporter of Trump, the past 24 hours could not have been more horrifying.

Most of them were expecting a quick victory, allowing them to get ample and sound sleep. Many of them did.

Then they woke to the news that Wisconsin flipped due to black people in Milwaukee voting fraud, and then the news that 1.5 million almost entirely Democratic mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania seemingly came from thin air. Then came the flip in Michigan, caused by black people in Detroit more fraud. News from Georgia and Arizona depressed their spirits further.

If Biden won a 413 landslide on election night, it would have been the equivalent of a shot to the head. But this drawn-out turn of events was death by a thousand cuts. It was definitely much worse than how Democrats felt in 2016.

Are you sure they even know he's losing? Given their propensity for misinformation, I figure they think he won and it's over — maybe even off celebrating somewhere
philly09

« Reply #8603 on: November 04, 2020, 11:25:38 PM »

Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #8604 on: November 04, 2020, 11:26:00 PM »

Yep. Blue Texas isn't happening this decade.
n1240

« Reply #8605 on: November 04, 2020, 11:26:38 PM »

Looks like Chester County PA finished their mail-in count, 13% more votes than 2016 and Biden's margin is 7% higher than Clinton's (9.3% -> 16.5%). Biden is really running up the margins he needs in the Dem trending areas while Trump really isn't doing much better in the rural parts of the state.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #8606 on: November 04, 2020, 11:26:44 PM »

Anybody know what happened with Will Hurd's seat in TX?

Probably something similar to those weird pro-Trump swings in the Rio Grande Valley. The Republican candidate in TX-23 is even a Hispanic male.
Yup. Tony Gonzalez (i think his name is) won by 3 points.

I read that and thought you were talking about the Football Player lol
He'd be the second Gonzalez in the House Republican Conference.

Anthony Gonzalez (R-OH) is a former NFL player.
They meant this Tony Gonzalez
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Gonzalez
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8607 on: November 04, 2020, 11:27:08 PM »

From the perspective of a supporter of Trump, the past 24 hours could not have been more horrifying.

Most of them were expecting a quick victory, allowing them to get ample and sound sleep. Many of them did.

And I tossed and turned all night and only got like 3 hours. But I anticipate no issues tonight. 💤
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #8608 on: November 04, 2020, 11:27:46 PM »

What is the chance of a Trump upset in PA now?
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8609 on: November 04, 2020, 11:27:58 PM »

Then they woke to the news that Wisconsin flipped due to black people in Milwaukee voting fraud, and then the news that 1.5 million almost entirely Democratic mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania seemingly came from thin air. Then came the flip in Michigan, caused by black people in Detroit more fraud. News from Georgia and Arizona depressed their spirits further.

If Biden won a 413 landslide on election night, it would have been the equivalent of a shot to the head. But this drawn-out turn of events was death by a thousand cuts. It was definitely much worse than how Democrats felt in 2016.

Are you sure they even know he's losing? Given their propensity for misinformation, I figure they think he won and it's over — maybe even off celebrating somewhere

Nope. Go to Twitter. Don himself has been circulating rumours of votes being made up overnight, and vowing to defend himself. In Detroit, they were gathered outside the convention center chanting "stop the count". In Phoenix, they're chanting "count the votes".
gf20202
« Reply #8610 on: November 04, 2020, 11:28:04 PM »

What is the chance of a Trump upset in PA now?
philly09

« Reply #8611 on: November 04, 2020, 11:28:21 PM »

Looks like Chester County PA finished their mail-in count, 13% more votes than 2016 and Biden's margin is 7% higher than Clinton's (9.3% -> 16.5%). Biden is really running up the margins he needs in the Dem trending areas while Trump really isn't doing much better in the rural parts of the state.

And Trump is underperforming in some of his areas like Lancaster. When Erie's mail ballots come in, Biden is expected to take the lead.
AndyHogan14

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -6.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8612 on: November 04, 2020, 11:28:25 PM »

And I tossed and turned all night and only got like 3 hours. But I anticipate no issues tonight. 💤

Logically, I know that Biden is in a good position, but I will not have a good night's sleep until he actually crosses 270 (or at least when PA flips).
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #8613 on: November 04, 2020, 11:28:36 PM »

I mean Texas will be a Trump 5-6 point victory. To pull of Texas, you need gain back votes in South Texas that Biden didnt have an advantage over and run up the score in cities and suburbs.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #8614 on: November 04, 2020, 11:28:59 PM »

Nope. Go to Twitter. Don himself has been circulating rumours of votes being made up overnight, and vowing to defend himself. In Detroit, they were gathered outside the convention center chanting "stop the count". In Phoenix, they're chanting "count the votes".

You can't make this stuff up. I remember someone said here it's like a plotline from Veep.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #8615 on: November 04, 2020, 11:29:13 PM »

n1240

« Reply #8616 on: November 04, 2020, 11:29:45 PM »

Montgomery County PA only has 15k more votes to count but currently Biden is doing 4% than Clinton (21.3% -> 25.6%) and there are about 16% more ballots cast than 2016.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #8617 on: November 04, 2020, 11:30:33 PM »

Anyone want to see a bunch of lunatics, watch CNN. Literally outside where they are counting the votes doing that chant. So stupid.
musicblind
United States

« Reply #8618 on: November 04, 2020, 11:31:18 PM »

Chanting two totally different things makes no sense? WTF.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #8619 on: November 04, 2020, 11:31:20 PM »

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BillFOXLA/status/1324192336784498688?s=20[/tw
‘Look at the Yippies’
The GOP’s only response since 1968

Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8620 on: November 04, 2020, 11:31:24 PM »

Late in the game but I voted for Jorgensen. Can’t wait until we have a Republican candidate I feel good about supporting again.

Just random comment, but is it just me or does Atlas have over-representation of blue avatars and conservatives that are soft Trump supporters or NeverTrump people?

RINO Tom, ExtremeRepublican, DTC etc. come to mind, (Sorry if I missed anyone) and I've seen handful of blue avatars with Biden Harris endorsements. Just kind of amazing.

People who are are interested enough to read and post on a political message board like Atlas, where discussion is fairly often (but not always) more substantive than facebook/twitter-level ideological droning are likely to be at least college educated (or on their way towards it) and are also likely to be more intelligent and reflective than the average person. And those are some of the primary characteristics/traits of people who have been most strongly repelled by Trump, so you would definitely expect anti-Trump Republicans to be over-represented.
n1240

« Reply #8621 on: November 04, 2020, 11:31:44 PM »

And Trump is underperforming in some of his areas like Lancaster. When Erie's mail ballots come in, Biden is expected to take the lead.

Biden is on pace to easily win Erie County, probably by around 5k votes or so. And yeah Trump is struggling in the moderate sized red vote sinks while holding onto 2016 margins in smaller counties. Washington, Westmoreland, Lancaster, York, and Luzerne are all showing smaller margins for Trump than 2016.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #8622 on: November 04, 2020, 11:32:47 PM »

I mean Texas will be a Trump 5-6 point victory. To pull of Texas, you need gain back votes in South Texas that Biden didnt have an advantage over and run up the score in cities and suburbs.

Trump beat Clinton by >5 points in Georgia...
musicblind
United States

« Reply #8623 on: November 04, 2020, 11:32:56 PM »

Anyone want to see a bunch of lunatics, watch CNN. Literally outside where they are counting the votes doing that chant. So stupid.

Oh wow, yeah, I just saw that. Holy ****
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #8624 on: November 04, 2020, 11:33:01 PM »

Chanting two totally different things makes no sense? WTF.
It makes perfect sense, Democratic votes are inherently illegitimate, stop any procedure which might result in them mattering.
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 349 350 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies