2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:15:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 262 263 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 622549 times)
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6425 on: November 04, 2020, 12:20:47 PM »

Can Biden even still win PA at this point?  How possible really is that right now?

Yes, more than 1.2 million ballots are left.

Those skew 75-24 Biden.

Trump's lead is 480.000 right now, but Biden will net more than 600.000 out of the remaining ballots.

Biden will finish ca. 100.000 ahead of Trump.

Please god let it be!

This is crazy. How is Georgia & North Carolina looking?

Trump will win NC, Biden narrowly favoured in GA.

Fools gold.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6426 on: November 04, 2020, 12:21:15 PM »

Can Biden even still win PA at this point?  How possible really is that right now?

Those skew 75-24 Biden.

Trump's lead is 480.000 right now, but Biden will net more than 600.000 out of the remaining ballots.

Please god let it be!

Fools gold.

Such a weird hill to die on.
TopShelfGoal

« Reply #6427 on: November 04, 2020, 12:21:30 PM »

Here's a question- why are Cubans who came into this country ILLEGALLY on boats allowed to stay here and no one questions it? Why hasn't ICE been crawling the streets of Miami deporting all illegal Cubans?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #6428 on: November 04, 2020, 12:21:36 PM »

Current swing map:

politics_king
United States

« Reply #6429 on: November 04, 2020, 12:21:42 PM »

Those skew 75-24 Biden.

Please god let it be!

Hope that Biden wins Georgia, then Ossoff gets Perdue under the 50% for a runoff election.
n1240

« Reply #6430 on: November 04, 2020, 12:21:49 PM »

Perdue has easily won.

Trump won narrowly which is miraculous for Dems. The state has been a lost cause for years and especially this cycle. No matter how much of a hard on they get for it - it’s not happening and the fact people still at this hour believe it to have a chance of going Dem just shows the bankruptcy of their political analysis

Not sure if I'd consider a race with a high chance to be a runoff as "easily won". Also not sure how you can conclude Trump has won narrowly at this point, unless you can show me something in the data that I'm not seeing.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #6431 on: November 04, 2020, 12:22:49 PM »

Philly is actually counting mail ballots pretty fast compared to other counties ...

politics_king
United States

« Reply #6432 on: November 04, 2020, 12:23:11 PM »

Those skew 75-24 Biden.

Please god let it be!

Fools gold.

He and GoTfan have been clamoring for a Trump win, doesn't mean they support him but I don't understand the psychology behind it.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #6433 on: November 04, 2020, 12:23:21 PM »

An artist's dream! /s
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6434 on: November 04, 2020, 12:23:52 PM »

Those skew 75-24 Biden.

Can someone (else) verify this math and its approximate outcome (I will settle for just a 25K Biden lead vs 100K).
It would really lower my blood pressure if true.
Thank you.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6435 on: November 04, 2020, 12:23:57 PM »

As Badger suggested earlier, there's actually a pretty solid argument that the polls weren't wrong, just that Biden got his polling numbers within the MOE, but that undecided voters broke overwhelmingly for Trump. It makes sense given that this election was basically a referendum on Trump, and if after the last four years of every news bulletin starting with his latest ridiculousness someone wasn't decided against him they probably wouldn't be when they entered the voting booth.

Same thing, but less strongly, happened with the incumbents in 2012 and 2004.

I'm going to add another observation and that I think my feelings on this probably represent those of most Democrats.

A win is a win, but emotionally I feel not so much like we won as we successfully crash landed a plane on fire.
forsythvoter

« Reply #6436 on: November 04, 2020, 12:24:05 PM »

Do you not realize there are 375K ballots outstanding in metro Atlanta and Trump is up 87K votes? I feel like you are just ignoring the data and willing Trump to win lol.

Perdue has easily won.

Trump won narrowly which is miraculous for Dems. The state has been a lost cause for years and especially this cycle. No matter how much of a hard on they get for it - it’s not happening and the fact people still at this hour believe it to have a chance of going Dem just shows the bankruptcy of their political analysis
Asta

« Reply #6437 on: November 04, 2020, 12:24:30 PM »

As Badger suggested earlier, there's actually a pretty solid argument that the polls weren't wrong, just that Biden got his polling numbers within the MOE, but that undecided voters broke overwhelmingly for Trump. It makes sense given that this election was basically a referendum on Trump, and if after the last four years of every news bulletin starting with his latest ridiculousness someone wasn't decided against him they probably wouldn't be when they entered the voting booth.

There weren't that many undecideds. And polling error wasn't too bad in NC and GA.
It's consistently a Midwest thing. It was evident in 2016 and in some races in 2018 as well.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6438 on: November 04, 2020, 12:24:33 PM »

I guess Hillary really did have residual Arkansas support.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6439 on: November 04, 2020, 12:25:25 PM »

Those skew 75-24 Biden.

Please god let it be!

Fools gold.

He and GoTfan have been clamoring for a Trump win, doesn't mean they support him but I don't understand the psychology behind it.

I would (LITERALLY) have given my right nut for a Dem trifecta. So clamoring is a ridiculous thing to say.

I just refuse to try and talk myself into something that I don’t believe is going to happen especially when that just means the heartbreak will even worse than it would have been if I just accepted it.

As for Georgia specifically - I just don’t get what people are seeing. The numbers for Dems are not there. They just aren’t
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6440 on: November 04, 2020, 12:25:58 PM »

Do you not realize there are 375K ballots outstanding in metro Atlanta and Trump is up 87K votes? I feel like you are just ignoring the data and willing Trump to win lol.

Perdue has easily won.

Don't even bother responding to that poster.
UncleSam

« Reply #6441 on: November 04, 2020, 12:26:06 PM »

Perdue has easily won.

There’s like 150k ballots left total in the state, where are you getting 375k from?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6442 on: November 04, 2020, 12:26:36 PM »

Those skew 75-24 Biden.

Please god let it be!

Fools gold.

I would (LITERALLY) have given my right nut for a Dem trifecta. So clamoring is a ridiculous thing to say.

I just refuse to try and talk myself into something that I don’t believe is going to happen especially when that just means the heartbreak will even worse than it would have been if I just accepted it.

As for Georgia specifically - I just don’t get what people are seeing. The numbers for Dems are not there. They just aren’t
Agree with you on everything except GA.
There still is a path for Dems in GA, even if narrow.
Lemmiwinks
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #6443 on: November 04, 2020, 12:26:49 PM »

I'm going to add another observation and that I think my feelings on this probably represent those of most Democrats.

A win is a win, but emotionally I feel not so much like we won as we successfully crash landed a plane on fire.

I'm a Bears fan. That's the feeling I've had after every win this season.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #6444 on: November 04, 2020, 12:27:19 PM »

Hopefully Biden does not win GA.

I'd lose 500€ on a betting platform.

If Biden loses GA, but wins the Presidency with 270-298 EV, I'd cash in 1000€ (or 1200$) !
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #6445 on: November 04, 2020, 12:27:29 PM »

One reason I am disheartened by these results and worried for the future is seeing so many states above 60% for either candidate. That's a really unhealthy thing to have
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6446 on: November 04, 2020, 12:27:58 PM »

SAFE D NEBRASKA INCOMING!
forsythvoter

« Reply #6447 on: November 04, 2020, 12:28:26 PM »

Sorry that was from earlier this mroning. Just heard an update from GA SOS that there are 250K left.

Perdue has easily won.

There’s like 150k ballots left total in the state, where are you getting 375k from?
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6448 on: November 04, 2020, 12:28:44 PM »

Watching the PA and Georgia margins drop minute by minute.

Drip. Drip.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #6449 on: November 04, 2020, 12:29:14 PM »

Meaningless though.

There's a brutal amount of ballots left in most states.
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 262 263 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies