2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:07:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 618058 times)
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5950 on: November 04, 2020, 09:22:41 AM »

How worried should we be about a faithless elector if Biden wins 270-268?
Very.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5951 on: November 04, 2020, 09:22:53 AM »

Wasn't there a recent ruling that prevented this?
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #5952 on: November 04, 2020, 09:23:01 AM »

I'm super tired so I might have mentioned this before, but the way this result is looking right now is pretty much a dream result for moderate republicans. They get rid of Trump and at least have a chance at taking the party in a direction away from Trumpism, while holding the senate and effectively making Biden a lame duck president. On the other hand, it could just pave the way for Alex Jones 2024 or even Q himself.

IF things hold as they are, I'm quite pleased.  I will say, though, that I'm saddened some of my favorite Democrats in the House lost last night.  
͘
RandomInternetUser
United States

« Reply #5953 on: November 04, 2020, 09:23:10 AM »

The term "latinx" needs to never be uttered by another Democratic politician or anyone affiliated with the Democratic party ever again. It has always felt weird to me that white liberals were imposing a term on a minority community which the the minority community seems to have no interest in.

Atlas is taking baby steps to becoming anti-SJW it seems.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5954 on: November 04, 2020, 09:23:19 AM »

Lauren Boebert is going to congress.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #5955 on: November 04, 2020, 09:23:27 AM »

Except Latino voters are mixed race and generally look different than whites. This isn't about assimilation, this is about Trump being a good fit for Latino culture (and Black culture, where he relatively gained as well).

What does this even mean?

He has the machismo thing going for him. I will get a lot of sh*t for saying this, but Biden ran a very feminine campaign, advocating mask wearing, not even doing GOTV, etc. It doesn't play in working class minority neighborhoods. Can you think of a less feminine music genre than rap?

I, uh, didn't realize that campaigns could be placed on a gender spectrum. Is this the inevitable conclusion of fourth-wave feminism?

Trump danced to YMCA and offered to kiss men. Clearly his campaign is genderqueer or questioning and very bisexual.
forza nocta

« Reply #5956 on: November 04, 2020, 09:23:39 AM »

This is a worst case scenario election for Dems
Dr. Frankenstein
DoctorFrankenstein
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #5957 on: November 04, 2020, 09:24:05 AM »

Hard to say before we have somewhat final results for GA and PA.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5958 on: November 04, 2020, 09:24:08 AM »

Wasn't there a recent ruling that prevented this?

It syas that anti-faithless electors law are constitutionnal, but not all states have them.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5959 on: November 04, 2020, 09:24:27 AM »

This is a worst case scenario election for Dems

No, that would be a GOP trifecta.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #5960 on: November 04, 2020, 09:24:46 AM »

I have heard talk about faithless electors but isn't Biden a favourite to pull it off in Georgia and North Carolina?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5961 on: November 04, 2020, 09:26:12 AM »

Also, Democrats need to back off the police. They are humans just like everyone else. They are not to blame for every black person's problem. Hold them accountable, threatening them is not working. A lot of cops voted Trump overwhelmingly.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #5962 on: November 04, 2020, 09:26:21 AM »

I kind of hope Arizona saves the day so John McCain’s ghost gets to give one last F you to Trump. Cheesy

Dude, just stop.

Stop what

If you're talking about a state to "save the day" in a now-symbolic presidential election after getting your ass handed to you in the Senate, you've already lost.

Not true.  Democrats now have 48 (and if Collins goes down in ME, that's 49).  With two Senate runoffs in GA, we are at Ground Zero in January.

Isn't Collins winning handily in Maine? And why would you assume they'll win the runoffs? Much as I'd love to be proven wrong, I don't see it happening.

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5963 on: November 04, 2020, 09:27:37 AM »

Also, Democrats need to back off the police. They are humans just like everyone else. They are not to blame for every black person's problem. Hold them accountable, threatening them is not working. A lot of cops voted Trump overwhelmingly.

A lot of cops did vote for Trump, I know this as a personal fact.

However, it's completely false to suggest that Democrats are going after police.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5964 on: November 04, 2020, 09:28:16 AM »

This election is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 2020.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #5965 on: November 04, 2020, 09:28:36 AM »

Except Latino voters are mixed race and generally look different than whites. This isn't about assimilation, this is about Trump being a good fit for Latino culture (and Black culture, where he relatively gained as well).

He has the machismo thing going for him. I will get a lot of sh*t for saying this, but Biden ran a very feminine campaign, advocating mask wearing, not even doing GOTV, etc. It doesn't play in working class minority neighborhoods. Can you think of a less feminine music genre than rap?
Dude what are you talking about

Eh, it should be self-evident. The fact that female rappers didn't breakthrough until the mid-2010s whereas a white male rapper became the biggest on the planet as early as 2000 should tell you something.

You really are not well informed on this. Queen Latifah, Missy Elliott and Lil Kim were on the scene in the 1990 with great popularity. Missy is one of the most respected rappers there is and much more so than a lot of men.
European Lefty
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -5.69, S: -7.68

« Reply #5966 on: November 04, 2020, 09:28:39 AM »

However, it's completely false to suggest that Democrats are going after police.
Although it's something that was suggested and looks like it might have had some effect
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #5967 on: November 04, 2020, 09:29:42 AM »

[/b]

As a black person, I actually find your post to be offensive and untrue. Call me an SJW, but you'll never know what it's like to be black. Just. Stop. Biden is winning, so clearly this "SJW nonsense" must be working.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5968 on: November 04, 2020, 09:29:55 AM »

I don't think Biden running a "feminine" campaign has got anything much to do with it, but I totally agree with you about Trump's macho appeal. This factor should not be underestimated. There really isn't much rational thought behind voting for Trump for the VAST majority of Trump voters, I believe. Sure, they can provide rationalizations, but I don't think a single of those rationalizations are the true reason why they vote for him.

This is also why the educated elite have never been able to understand why people would vote for Trump since the educated elite typically finds ultra macho behaviour primitive and off-putting. Trumps behaviour is a feature, not a bug. This is also why it is far from certain that a DeSantis or Cotton or whoever would be able to carry the torch for Trumpism going forward.

Cut it out. Saying that Latinos/Black are stupid and vote because muh "primitive macho behaviour"... while "educated" whites voting rationally. WTF are saying, man? It is so f**king racist.

Biden wrote a god damn bill that started a mass incarceration brown folks, while Trump, while having deaf rethoric, has actually got First Step Act. Isn't enough? But no, it is should be Macho thing. God damn it. I guess, White Libs gonna be White Libs.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5969 on: November 04, 2020, 09:30:28 AM »

Although it's something that was suggested and looks like it might have had some effect

There's no doubt that the falsehood did resonate with cops.  No doubt at all.  That doesn't make it any less false.
TopShelfGoal

« Reply #5970 on: November 04, 2020, 09:30:55 AM »

It seems like the underperformance in the WOW counties in WI might end up costing Trump the state.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5971 on: November 04, 2020, 09:31:19 AM »

There's no doubt that the falsehood did resonate with cops.  No doubt at all.  That doesn't make it any less false.

Cops were always going to vote for Trump in huge numbers, even without BLM.
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #5972 on: November 04, 2020, 09:31:21 AM »

Ok what happened in Antrim county MI? It was Trump +29 and now Biden +26
n1240

« Reply #5973 on: November 04, 2020, 09:31:41 AM »

Chester PA recent mail dump

Biden 24570 (80.8%)
Trump 5447 (17.9%)

50k mail-in outstanding in the county.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5974 on: November 04, 2020, 09:32:13 AM »

[/b]

As a black person, I actually find your post to be offensive and untrue. Call me an SJW, but you'll never know what it's like to be black. Just. Stop. Biden is winning, so clearly this "SJW nonsense" must be working.

I agree with this sentiment.  Too many white people are quick with this kind of senseless retort.  I'm white, and I'm gay.  Straight people will never know what it's like to be in my shoes, and that shows all too often.
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies