2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:23:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 617757 times)
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: November 03, 2020, 01:01:21 PM »

i'm LOVING the complete contradictory takes on turnout, it's hilarious. People, we have no idea who's leading based on these turnout numbers! Both sides need to chill out.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #401 on: November 03, 2020, 01:02:59 PM »

So far the numbers seem to support Biden's narrow early vote leads getting overwhelmed by election day turnout.

No?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #402 on: November 03, 2020, 01:05:35 PM »

So far the numbers seem to support Biden's narrow early vote leads getting overwhelmed by election day turnout.

No?

So no elaboration? Simply denial? That doesn't seem like a confident answer as much as a self-convincing one.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #403 on: November 03, 2020, 01:05:39 PM »

Day has been flying by.  Some five hours before the polls close in KY.  
Gren
Spain

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.43

« Reply #404 on: November 03, 2020, 01:05:58 PM »

Raw vote growth % between those reports:

R + 34%
D  +38%
NPA +42%

Not saying it means anything, but the pace seems favourable for the Democrats.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #405 on: November 03, 2020, 01:06:10 PM »

Im not even sure what numbers you are even talking about

Splash
United States

« Reply #406 on: November 03, 2020, 01:08:29 PM »

i'm LOVING the complete contradictory takes on turnout, it's hilarious. People, we have no idea who's leading based on these turnout numbers! Both sides need to chill out.

Oh, this is just getting started! Wait until the first batch of exit polls - some probably fake - are circulated on Twitter around 4-5PM EST. Then people will start misconstruing those to fit their preconceived narratives too!   Wink
ExSky

« Reply #407 on: November 03, 2020, 01:08:58 PM »

My reasons for being fairly confident have been laid out. Let’s wait and see but I suspect I’m gonna be cheering this evening
swf541

« Reply #408 on: November 03, 2020, 01:09:36 PM »

No?

So no elaboration? Simply denial? That doesn't seem like a confident answer as much as a self-convincing one.

I have written a long elaboration as have others

GOP needs a much larger margin then what they last have that i've seen and their rate of growth seems to have significantly dropped

That said no one should be over reading into any of these reports.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #409 on: November 03, 2020, 01:09:53 PM »

Oh, this is just getting started! Wait until the first batch of exit polls - some probably fake - are circulated on Twitter around 4-5PM EST. Then people will start misconstruing those to fit their preconceived narratives too!   Wink

"Damn, Biden's losing the Victoria's Secret employee vote.  Not trying to be pessimistic but this is bad."  
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #410 on: November 03, 2020, 01:09:54 PM »

No?

I mean you aren’t wrong but what you are saying is expected.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #411 on: November 03, 2020, 01:10:18 PM »

My reasons for being fairly confident have been laid out. Let’s wait and see but I suspect I’m gonna be cheering this evening

What are you confident about again? 
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #412 on: November 03, 2020, 01:10:53 PM »

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #413 on: November 03, 2020, 01:10:55 PM »

No?

Have you read the thread at all?

I'm not the most qualified person here to analyze this (for example RI is literally a professor who researches this stuff), but Republicans likely need to finish ~400,000 votes ahead to win Florida and they're not there yet. Maybe they'll get there by tonight, but they're not on pace, and they've probably had their biggest bump of the day already.

If turnout is not going to save Trump, he likely now only wins if one of these widely believed and supported assumptions are wrong:
-Independents prefer Biden to Trump by a comfortable margin.
-There are more Republican votes for Biden than Democratic votes for Trump.
ExSky

« Reply #414 on: November 03, 2020, 01:11:35 PM »

Biden taking Florida
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #415 on: November 03, 2020, 01:11:49 PM »

No?

I'm not the most qualified person here to analyze this (for example RI is literally a professor who researches this stuff), but Republicans likely need to finish ~400,000 votes ahead to win Florida and they're not there yet. Maybe they'll get there by tonight, but they've probably had their biggest bump of the day.

If turnout is not going to save Trump, he likely now only wins if one of these widely believed and supported assumptions are wrong:

Where does the 400k number come from?  I agree that it's highly unlikely they end up 400k at this rate but why are you sure they need that much of a cushion??
Baki
Rookie
Croatia

« Reply #416 on: November 03, 2020, 01:12:10 PM »

Trump just pulled together all his genius in one moment to conclude:

"Winning is easy, losing is hard."
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #417 on: November 03, 2020, 01:12:19 PM »

Biden taking Florida

Can you give a 2 sentence summary of why you think that's going to happen?  
The Legend
Rookie
United States

« Reply #418 on: November 03, 2020, 01:12:32 PM »

There's also going to be more mail ballots turned in throughout the day too...
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #419 on: November 03, 2020, 01:12:50 PM »

What was that little Arlington gathering about?
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #420 on: November 03, 2020, 01:12:57 PM »

Huh.  That's strangely...cogent for Trump.  
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #421 on: November 03, 2020, 01:13:49 PM »

No?

I'm not the most qualified person here to analyze this (for example RI is literally a professor who researches this stuff), but Republicans likely need to finish ~400,000 votes ahead to win Florida and they're not there yet. Maybe they'll get there by tonight, but they've probably had their biggest bump of the day.

Where does the 400k number come from?  I agree that it's highly unlikely they end up 400k at this rate but why are you sure they need that much of a cushion??

I'm relying on others. I'm certainly not qualified to come up with that number myself.
ExSky

« Reply #422 on: November 03, 2020, 01:14:43 PM »

Biden taking Florida

Can you give a 2 sentence summary of why you think that's going to happen?  

My explanation is on the previous page but the two main points are that the R ballot lead is not growing anywhere near fast enough and a conservative estimate on NPAs breaking for
Biden gets him across the line.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #423 on: November 03, 2020, 01:15:55 PM »

So....who the numbers look good for so far?
ExSky

« Reply #424 on: November 03, 2020, 01:15:59 PM »

No?

I'm relying on others. I'm certainly not qualified to come up with that number myself.

The number I believe relies on long established polling showing NPAs Breaking to Biden comfortably and the number of R>D voters being more numerous than the opposite.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies