2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:00:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 809 810 811 812 813 [814] 815 816 817 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 617583 times)
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20325 on: December 29, 2020, 08:09:39 PM »

This has to be the longest thread by far in Atlas history, right?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20326 on: December 29, 2020, 08:18:14 PM »

I think it's a little more than twice as long as the longest. A little less if you don't count the merge.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #20327 on: December 29, 2020, 10:47:57 PM »

I'm checking out of this thread for the time being. I don't need this cock and ball torture without the cock and balls right now. I'll be lurking on the NYT results page for the time being, like an animal. See all you beautiful people once Philly shoots its load. Purple heart

This was very poetic.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #20328 on: December 29, 2020, 11:51:30 PM »

I know people will doom Warnock & Ossoff because of Dems' poor history in runoffs but THE DEMS MADE 2 RUNOFFS IN GEORGIA AND BIDEN CAN STILL WIN THE STATE - celebrate a little.

Well with all the crap I’ve gotten about my take

Take it to the bank, cash the checks it’s gaining intrest:

Dems won’t win Georgia.

We should be beyond moral victories

Pretty sure he posted this after, several posts before, he declared that he wouldn't post about Georgia again.

By the way, the reason I'm bumping so many old posts is because I've been re-reading the thread (currently about halfway through).

A couple of things stand out:

1. People were really impatient!  I certainly was at the time as well, but it's just different looking back on it...a lot of takes about "when will x state be done counting," etc., asked over and over, and a lot of "Tell me what's going on in x state" without that person bothering to Google it.

2. Pennsylvania seems interesting.  A lot of takes on the forum, plus takes in other media, indicated that Biden would win it much more comfortably than he did.

3. I still, for the life of me, do not understand Millennial Moderate's dooming about Georgia.  Like, it's absolutely ridiculous...I have no idea why, even when the Trump lead slipped to about 14k with plenty of Dem votes to come in, he was doggedly insisting that it wouldn't, and even couldn't, go D.

4. A lot of people really fell for red and blue mirages.  A lot of takes of "I know not all the votes are in yet, but whoa, x state really trended (R/D)!" (even though they acknowledged their take isn't necessarily accurate because the votes could be skewed depending on how much is reporting/the type of ballots that are reporting)
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20329 on: December 29, 2020, 11:59:39 PM »

Everyone was ready for the red mirage, but it seems most everyone fell for it in the end anyway.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #20330 on: December 30, 2020, 01:16:01 AM »

They’re delaying the invevitable but if you just listened to me it wouldn’t be so difficult.

You mean like how you listened to literally all of Atlas when we gave you receipts over & over & over again as to how JKIII pales in comparison to (King) Markey? Or how you've been listening to us right now as to how, y'know, simple math re: GA ballots & the composition thereof works?

K.

Low blow. I can’t help the latte liberal crowd is short a few brain cells

Your only actual reason you've given for supporting Kennedy is that he's a Kennedy.

I don't think we're the ones who lack brain cells.
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #20331 on: December 30, 2020, 09:34:07 PM »

Everyone was ready for the red mirage, but it seems most everyone fell for it in the end anyway.

The thing is, there was actually a blue mirage in some places (namely OH and NC). These going from Biden +10 to a Trump lead on election night certainly made me lose some faith
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #20332 on: December 31, 2020, 01:05:30 PM »

The thing is, there was actually a blue mirage in some places (namely OH and NC). These going from Biden +10 to a Trump lead on election night certainly made me lose some faith

That always happens in those states though. No one should have been fooled by that.

The red mirage was never something that was predicted to happen in every state. Just depended on what type of ballots were counted first.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #20333 on: December 31, 2020, 01:08:20 PM »

I don't think people necessarily fell for it, but the question was at how much Biden had to make up. We knew he would start in a hole in places like MI/WI/PA, but the question became, after seeing other states and their totals, if the remaining votes would be enough to push him over the edge for the wins in each one.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20334 on: December 31, 2020, 01:11:35 PM »

I don't think people necessarily fell for it, but the question was at how much Biden had to make up. We knew he would start in a hole in places like MI/WI/PA, but the question became, after seeing other states and their totals, if the remaining votes would be enough to push him over the edge for the wins in each one.

There were also blue mirages that threw people, like KY, OH and AZ at the beginning of the count.

It looked pretty clear that MI flip with the absentees and WI was ambiguous, but the magnitude of the hole in PA was so dramatic that I was more confident in a Biden win in GA night of.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #20335 on: January 01, 2021, 07:00:30 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/450914018372884/videos/558851444245807

This is catchier than the Trump jingle, Biden shoulda hired these guys to make one for him
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20336 on: January 01, 2021, 07:33:45 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/450914018372884/videos/558851444245807

This is catchier than the Trump jingle, Biden shoulda hired these guys to make one for him

I’m surprised no one made a parody of “yo voy a votar” with “Joe Biden”, it’s the same number of syllables as “Donald Trump”.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #20337 on: January 02, 2021, 12:19:29 PM »

Remember despacitogate? LOL
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #20338 on: January 02, 2021, 03:07:40 PM »

I'm not a lady, so I must be a germ? Yuck

Anyway:
20,000 POSTS. 800 PAGES. WE DID IT!
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20339 on: January 02, 2021, 06:13:01 PM »

Lol, I was going back and looking through e-night post when people thought the Presidency was a tossup and the Senate was a sure thing for Rs.

Now the Presidency is safe Biden and the Senate is a tossup.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20340 on: January 03, 2021, 12:28:44 AM »

Yup red mirage. I tossed and turned all night. Mostly about Trump possibly winning. Although it will suck if R's control the Senate and Biden can't get his nominees through.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20341 on: January 03, 2021, 01:00:06 AM »

Lol, I was going back and looking through e-night post when people thought the Presidency was a tossup and the Senate was a sure thing for Rs.

This would've been a better outcome, specifically because 2022 would pretty much be the end for McConnell's tenure under another Trump midterm.

The only bright spot is if the Senate flips, and even that's not so good with those like Manchin and Sinema doing there thing.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20342 on: January 03, 2021, 01:01:17 AM »
« Edited: January 03, 2021, 01:05:54 AM by Roll Roons »

This would've been a better outcome, specifically because 2022 would pretty much be the end for McConnell's tenure under another Trump midterm.

The only bright spot is if the Senate flips, and even that's not so good with those like Manchin and Sinema doing there thing.

It wouldn't have been worth it at all. Four more years of Trump may well have completely ruined our democracy.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20343 on: January 03, 2021, 01:04:21 AM »

It wouldn't have been. Four more years of Trump may well have completely ruined our democracy.

Two real years.

The final two would've been a complete lameduck. Hell, Dems might even have climbed up to 2009 levels in The House on the midterm rage alone.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20344 on: January 03, 2021, 01:17:41 AM »

It wouldn't have been. Four more years of Trump may well have completely ruined our democracy.

Two real years.

The final two would've been a complete lameduck. Hell, Dems might even have climbed up to 2009 levels in The House on the midterm rage alone.

Cute how you think there'd be elections at all under a second Trump term.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20345 on: January 03, 2021, 03:03:32 AM »

Two real years.

Maybe...but you don't win by losing, or lose by winning.

If Trump won, Fauci and Wray would probably be gone. If Breyer dies or has to resign he might get the Supreme Court to 7-2.

Maybe the vaccine rollout would be completely bungled and take over a year or something. You can't get those lives back.

Also there could be a terrorist attack that sends Trump's popularity soaring. Then the midterms might not go so well for the Dems.

There's just too much unknown. You have to win every chance you get.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20346 on: January 03, 2021, 09:24:52 PM »

They’re delaying the invevitable but if you just listened to me it wouldn’t be so difficult.

You mean like how you listened to literally all of Atlas when we gave you receipts over & over & over again as to how JKIII pales in comparison to (King) Markey? Or how you've been listening to us right now as to how, y'know, simple math re: GA ballots & the composition thereof works?

K.

Your only actual reason you've given for supporting Kennedy is that he's a Kennedy.

Not totally true.

Never liked Markey. Probably a good man but as “hack” as you can get. No one in the senate cares about being a senator than actually accomplishing ideological goals or (any goals) than Markey. The trappings of being in Washington are all he cares about. He’s a political cameleon- whatever he has to do to be elected - liberal progressive moderate or whatever it takes.

In fact I voted for the Republican in the 2013 Special election (Gomez)
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #20347 on: January 03, 2021, 10:07:50 PM »

K.

Not totally true.

Never liked Markey. Probably a good man but as “hack” as you can get. No one in the senate cares about being a senator than actually accomplishing ideological goals or (any goals) than Markey. The trappings of being in Washington are all he cares about. He’s a political cameleon- whatever he has to do to be elected - liberal progressive moderate or whatever it takes.

That's Kennedy.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20348 on: January 04, 2021, 05:43:14 AM »

K.

Not totally true.

That's Kennedy.

This post numbs me with confusion. I think I’d know better being a life long resident of this state and it surely is not Kennedy. Kennedy’s for all there “power thirst” they’ve been accused of have been remarkably consistent politically. The best you could say is his recent reaching out to progressive causes (like YES on 3) is him trying to win favor with the left wing yes but his entire political philosophy hasn’t changed one election to the next.

Markey opposing bussing and supporting a college when they were in a controversy about the fact they banned an interracial relationship on there campus.... that’s progressive?!?!? Please. He panders panders and panders some more
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20349 on: January 04, 2021, 04:53:56 PM »

Two real years.

Cute how you think there'd be elections at all under a second Trump term.

There weren't s'posed to be elections in 2018 either, especially not with a complete trifecta! They happened.

They weren't s'posed to happen in 2006 either come to think of it!
Pages: 1 ... 809 810 811 812 813 [814] 815 816 817 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies