2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:27:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 808 809 810 811 812 [813] 814 815 816 817 818
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 617437 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20300 on: December 23, 2020, 02:59:01 PM »

First in the nation ?

Not so much.

NH is the only state now not to submit its Electoral Vote certificate ...
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #20301 on: December 23, 2020, 09:26:47 PM »

Perdue has easily won.

Trump won narrowly which is miraculous for Dems. The state has been a lost cause for years and especially this cycle. No matter how much of a hard on they get for it - it’s not happening and the fact people still at this hour believe it to have a chance of going Dem just shows the bankruptcy of their political analysis

I gotta bump this.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #20302 on: December 24, 2020, 12:30:43 AM »

First in the nation ?

Not so much.

NH is the only state now not to submit its Electoral Vote certificate ...

NH has missed the deadline. Probably lost in the mail or something.

December 23, 2020—electoral votes arrive.

Electoral votes (the Certificates of Vote) must be received by the President of the Senate and the Archivist no later than nine days after the meeting of the electors.

If votes are lost or delayed, the Archivist may take extraordinary measures to retrieve duplicate originals.

https://www.archives.gov/electoral-college/2020
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #20303 on: December 24, 2020, 12:39:03 AM »

Mark my words: Pennsylvania is the election. Every remaining state is going Trump

Just marking your words, as you requested.

(We gotta get this to 800 pages somehow.)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #20304 on: December 24, 2020, 12:43:35 AM »

If my certified state results thread gets merged with this, it would have 816 pages.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #20305 on: December 24, 2020, 10:14:42 AM »

If my certified state results thread gets merged with this, it would have 816 pages.

I requested that twice in the other thread.  Crickets both times.
UncleSam

« Reply #20306 on: December 24, 2020, 10:34:44 AM »

Mark my words: Pennsylvania is the election. Every remaining state is going Trump

I mean, that just means he was wrong on Georgia and Arizona. Admittedly Arizona never looked better than a Lean D race, but Georgia there was no precedent for the trickle of absentee ballots that arrived and were counted in the week following the election.

The bigger problem is that he apparently thought Georgia would never go Dem, which was obviously always false. Georgia is gone for Rs in ten years’ time, possibly sooner (I think Rs will win it in the Biden midterm and maybe in 2024 with someone who does better in the suburbs, but 2026 GA = 2006 VA IMO).
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #20307 on: December 24, 2020, 02:12:09 PM »

I mean, that just means he was wrong on Georgia and Arizona. Admittedly Arizona never looked better than a Lean D race, but Georgia there was no precedent for the trickle of absentee ballots that arrived and were counted in the week following the election.

The bigger problem is that he apparently thought Georgia would never go Dem, which was obviously always false. Georgia is gone for Rs in ten years’ time, possibly sooner (I think Rs will win it in the Biden midterm and maybe in 2024 with someone who does better in the suburbs, but 2026 GA = 2006 VA IMO).

It wasn't like he just made a prediction and left it at that though....he was constantly,  obnoxiously,  and ridiculously ignoring all evidence on both states (especially GA). I think he deserves some mockery for that. And he did ask that his words be marked,  after all.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #20308 on: December 24, 2020, 02:33:00 PM »

Seriously though, can we merge this with the electoral college vote thread?
forsythvoter

« Reply #20309 on: December 24, 2020, 03:30:17 PM »

Since everyone seems to be taking a trip down memory lane, here's a few quotes that I think summed up this election for me:

It actually seems like Biden's strategy of trying to play in both the Sunbelt (AZ + GA) and Rust Belt (WI, MI, PA) might have actually been the right strategy. If he wins, he will do so by winning at least 1 state in each region.

I live in nearby South Forsyth County and would bet money on Biden flipping a number of northern Atlanta suburbs. A lot of my co-workers live in Roswell, Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Dunwoody and a good number of them are flipping from Trump to Biden this year. The ones that are flipping are still undecided on the senate races, though - many of us vote Republican out of habit, but Trump is really causing a lot of folks in this area to have second thoughts now that it's "Trump's Party". Trump will still win more exurban areas (including my county and nearby Cherokee), but I'll be curious to see the margins. I've seen quite a few Biden signs in my neighborhood, which would have been unheard of up until fairly recently.

One final closing comment. If Biden wins tonight, it will be because of the suburban swings against Trump:

GA: Metro Atlanta counties are swinging double digits against Trump. If GA falls to the Dems, it will be because of these swings

WI: Look at the WOW counties. Waukesha and Ozaukee are showing 7-8% swings to Biden. It's these swings that are keeping Biden competitive despite losing counties in the Southwest.
*On a separate note, Dane's turnout also may prove to be a key factor

AZ: Look at Maricopa. Enough said

MN: Look at Hennepin and counties like Carver and Scott. This is why the state is not the nailbiter we saw in 2016.

The list goes on but I need sleep.

Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20310 on: December 24, 2020, 03:56:04 PM »

It wasn't like he just made a prediction and left it at that though....he was constantly,  obnoxiously,  and ridiculously ignoring all evidence on both states (especially GA). I think he deserves some mockery for that. And he did ask that his words be marked,  after all.

Virtually no one expected Biden to win GA at +4.5 in the NPV. 
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #20311 on: December 24, 2020, 04:18:25 PM »

Virtually no one expected Biden to win GA at +4.5 in the NPV. 

Perhaps, but that was speculation beforehand.  We had actual data to go on on election night and in the immediate days after, and he ignored the evidence, called anyone who mentioned said evidence stupid and living in fantasy land, etc.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20312 on: December 24, 2020, 07:19:30 PM »

Mail is slow as molasses here right now with the increase in online holiday shopping due to Covid, plus the increase in workers required to isolate because of Covid.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20313 on: December 24, 2020, 11:31:15 PM »

This thread just might hit 800 pages after all Smiley
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20314 on: December 25, 2020, 12:09:31 AM »

I swear someone posted a different Nov 3rd retweet of this article earlier that day, in this megathread. It said something along the lines of "uhh yeah let me know how that's going"

Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #20315 on: December 25, 2020, 12:10:42 AM »

I swear someone posted a different Nov 3rd retweet of this article earlier that day, in this megathread. It said something along the lines of "uhh yeah let me know how that's going"

there is already a thread for this.
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #20316 on: December 25, 2020, 12:16:40 AM »

there is already a thread for this.

I know, but I think the post/retweet I was referring to was originally posted in this thread.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #20317 on: December 28, 2020, 08:39:52 PM »

Genuinely concerned this election could be stolen.

Any rational personal would feel the same

Nope.  The rational people think we’re overreacting.
Dems are actively trying to steal it from Trump right now in Detroit and Philadelphia. This is 1960 all over again except Trump will fight.

I know this was from awhile back, but seriously...explain how counting votes is stealing.  I'll wait.
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #20318 on: December 28, 2020, 10:39:25 PM »

Genuinely concerned this election could be stolen.

Any rational personal would feel the same

Nope.  The rational people think we’re overreacting.
Dems are actively trying to steal it from Trump right now in Detroit and Philadelphia. This is 1960 all over again except Trump will fight.

I know this was from awhile back, but seriously...explain how counting votes is stealing.  I'll wait.

If you're expecting SN2930 to make any sense or admit failure your expectations are too high.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #20319 on: December 29, 2020, 02:57:47 AM »

I get unmuted in the middle of the night when everyone is asleep, this is cruel lol
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #20320 on: December 29, 2020, 01:47:09 PM »

NHs certificate of vote has finally been received at the National Archives.

It looks like a Christmas card.

This means all 51 certificates of ascertainment & all 51 certificates of electoral votes have been received.

The certification process is now complete.

Plz merge the thread with the results thread.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #20321 on: December 29, 2020, 02:06:19 PM »

816 pages. We did it, ladies and germs.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #20322 on: December 29, 2020, 02:10:11 PM »

Because I requested the merger with my „certified results thread“ ... Wink

The certification process is now complete (except for the vote count in Congress next Wednesday).

https://www.archives.gov/electoral-college/2020
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #20323 on: December 29, 2020, 02:50:20 PM »

I get unmuted in the middle of the night when everyone is asleep, this is cruel lol

This megathread is gonna look super disjointed after the certified results thread merge
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20324 on: December 29, 2020, 06:59:04 PM »

Yeah this was dumb. Now my last post is just hanging out in no man's land.
Pages: 1 ... 808 809 810 811 812 [813] 814 815 816 817 818  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies