2020 Absentee/Early Voting megathread 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 09:38:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Absentee/Early Voting megathread 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 ... 103
Author Topic: 2020 Absentee/Early Voting megathread 2  (Read 87583 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2050 on: November 01, 2020, 09:49:42 AM »

https://www.miamidade.gov/elections/earlyvoting/wait-times.asp

this shows wait times today.  Looks like zero everywhere right now but fairly long wait in Hialeah.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2051 on: November 01, 2020, 09:54:09 AM »

https://www.ocfelections.com/early-voting-locations

long wait times in Orange County.  This has to be good for Dems right?
swf541

« Reply #2052 on: November 01, 2020, 09:54:58 AM »

Should be
ExSky

« Reply #2053 on: November 01, 2020, 09:58:13 AM »

Aww where did Buzz and Jessica go. Florida isn’t going the way you thought...must be so sad.
I’m right here lol

Why aren’t you posting about the numbers anymore Buzz? You were so confident a few days ago? Why did you stop all of a sudden? Whatever could it be?
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #2054 on: November 01, 2020, 09:59:48 AM »

Aww where did Buzz and Jessica go. Florida isn’t going the way you thought...must be so sad.
I’m right here lol

Why aren’t you posting about the numbers anymore Buzz? You were so confident a few days ago? Why did you stop all of a sudden? Whatever could it be?

To be fair, Buzz has been one of the more consistently sensible voices of the right here. 
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2055 on: November 01, 2020, 10:00:36 AM »

With one last day of EV to go in mostly Dem-leaning places, and 8.7 million votes cast, Dems still have a +1.1% lead on GOP.

ExSky

« Reply #2056 on: November 01, 2020, 10:04:28 AM »

I’m right here lol

To be fair, Buzz has been one of the more consistently sensible voices of the right here. 

That hasn’t stopped him from being the absolute most hypocritical.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2057 on: November 01, 2020, 10:07:22 AM »

People, can we restrict the epic dunking for 72 hours until we're actually sure who should be dunked?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2058 on: November 01, 2020, 10:08:45 AM »

People, can we restrict the epic dunking for 72 hours until we're actually sure who should be dunked?

No!
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2059 on: November 01, 2020, 10:12:18 AM »

I’m right here lol

Let's not group Buzz with Jessica. Jessica's a troll, Buzz is just a Republican.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2060 on: November 01, 2020, 10:19:47 AM »

Flabuckeye
Rookie

« Reply #2061 on: November 01, 2020, 10:22:40 AM »

Florida Turnout Tracker

Dems and Reps nearly tied for turnout....however, higher registration gives Dems 94,905 lead...nearly identical to close of 2016 EV.....but some 2 million votes later.

8,700,645 votes cast in Florida so far compared to entire 2016 election of 9,420,039 leaving 700K votes to surpass 2016.

Dems 64.3% (+2.5)
Reps  64.1% (+3.0)
NPAs  49.4% (+2.9)

All counties now blowing past 2016 Dem EV turnout in route to total turnout

Fun fact,  in 15 of Florida's 68 counties, Democrats have already surpassed Hillary Clinton's 2016 Total votes for the county....and this is without ANY NPAs or Rs.

Buzz

« Reply #2062 on: November 01, 2020, 10:25:50 AM »

I’m right here lol

Fine here ya go.  Most GOP counties are closed today fwiw
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2063 on: November 01, 2020, 10:29:11 AM »

Florida Turnout Tracker

Dems and Reps nearly tied for turnout....however, higher registration gives Dems 94,905 lead...nearly identical to close of 2016 EV.....but some 2 million votes later.

8,700,645 votes cast in Florida so far compared to entire 2016 election of 9,420,039 leaving 700K votes to surpass 2016.

Dems 64.3% (+2.5)
Reps  64.1% (+3.0)
NPAs  49.4% (+2.9)

All counties now blowing past 2016 Dem EV turnout in route to total turnout

Fun fact,  in 15 of Florida's 68 counties, Democrats have already surpassed Hillary Clinton's 2016 Total votes for the county....and this is without ANY NPAs or Rs.

Looks like Dems are definitely getting into the 65-70% turnout range by the end of early voting. 

It's going to be interesting to see the Miami-Dade numbers today.
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #2064 on: November 01, 2020, 10:31:09 AM »

I’m right here lol

Fine here ya go.  Most GOP counties are closed today fwiw

Wait wait wait. Did you post his first update from 2 hours ago instead of the update from an hour ago showing a massive shift to the Dems.

I can practically feel the pathetic desperation.

Go ahead Buzz. Post that one. I’ll wait

Stop harassing Buzz
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2065 on: November 01, 2020, 10:33:15 AM »

I’m right here lol

Considering that doesn't include Miami-Dade and it's before Church service ends, those numbers look really good for Dems, right?
Buzz

« Reply #2066 on: November 01, 2020, 10:41:32 AM »
« Edited: November 01, 2020, 10:46:43 AM by Buzz »

I’m right here lol

Considering that doesn't include Miami-Dade and it's before Church service ends, those numbers look really good for Dems, right?
I’m not sure if I would say “really” but there better for Dems than R’s for sure.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2067 on: November 01, 2020, 10:42:59 AM »

I’m right here lol

No, dems should be leading in early vote today, and by a significant margin. But it’s early. Let’s wait until tomorrow to judge. It’s possible dems haven’t turned out because of Church and no Miami-Dade.

Republicans should get pretty big turnout on Election Day. I’m hoping dems can keep republicans to only a 3% party registration lead at the end of voting. I think a 3% R lead or less would produce a Biden win in FL
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2068 on: November 01, 2020, 10:44:08 AM »

I’m right here lol

No, dems should be leading in early vote today, and by a significant margin. But it’s early. Let’s wait until tomorrow to judge. It’s possible dems haven’t turned out because of Church and no Miami-Dade.

Republicans should get pretty big turnout on Election Day. I’m hoping dems can keep republicans to only a 3% party registration lead at the end of voting. I think a 3% R lead or less would produce a Biden win in FL

There's no reason to expect a giant election day turnout from either side at this point. After today, FL will be about 95% of 2016 total turnout. It may be more Rep on ED, but both sides have cannibalized a ton of their voters.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2069 on: November 01, 2020, 10:46:06 AM »

I’m right here lol

There's no reason to expect a giant election day turnout from either side at this point. After today, FL will be about 95% of 2016 total turnout. It may be more Rep on ED, but both sides have cannibalized a ton of their voters.

You’re right. I meant big turnout relative to dems. NYT/Siena says that 63% of repubs who plan to vote in FL have already voted, compared to 82% of dems.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2070 on: November 01, 2020, 10:48:43 AM »

I’m right here lol

You’re right. I meant big turnout relative to dems. NYT/Siena says that 63% of repubs who plan to vote in FL have already voted, compared to 82% of dems.

Those numbers are both probably too low.  Like he said, the Election Day vote is being really cannibalized here.  Dems had a 90k vote advantage from early vote in 2016 which was wiped away on Election Day, however way fewer people voted early that year.  There are just not as many voters left (on either side).
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2071 on: November 01, 2020, 11:01:08 AM »

North Carolina update:

https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/NC.html

Remarkable numbers from Charlotte and Wake/Durham.
n1240

« Reply #2072 on: November 01, 2020, 11:10:23 AM »

NC share of non-2016 voters over recent days has been impressive. On Friday 40% of voters did not vote in 2016, yesterday 45% of voters did not vote in 2016.
Gren
Spain

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.43

« Reply #2073 on: November 01, 2020, 11:12:31 AM »

NC is looking really good for Biden, isn't it? I think the swing is going to be big in Mecklenburg&Wake, both because of new voters&swing from R to D in wealthy, educated areas. There already was a big shift in South Charlotte in 2016 and I expect that to continue.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2074 on: November 01, 2020, 11:14:31 AM »

NC is looking really good for Biden, isn't it? I think the swing is going to be big in Mecklenburg&Wake, both because of new voters&swing from R to D in wealthy, educated areas. There already was a big shift in South Charlotte in 2016 and I expect that to continue.

Yes, really think NC (and GA?) are going Dem while FL is staying with Trump.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 ... 103  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies