2020 Absentee/Early Voting megathread 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:28:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Absentee/Early Voting megathread 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 103
Author Topic: 2020 Absentee/Early Voting megathread 2  (Read 86309 times)
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: October 28, 2020, 08:47:37 PM »

Excited to report that Wife and I voted today right before the polls closed in GA! Local media is reporting lines are getting longer all over metro ATL as the early voting window closes, so turnout here is probably only going to accelerate over the next few days.

Awesome! How did you decide to vote on Senate, if you care to share?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1176 on: October 28, 2020, 08:49:49 PM »

When we be able to say Texas is Biden's?

Biden could have a 20k lead with the only precincts left to report all out of Travis County and the networks still wouldn’t call it until “every vote is in to be sure”

The decision desks are in a bubble. When it's >99.5% they call. Ohio was called pretty quick in 2008, by Fox News even. That was like a TX or a GA that year.
forsythvoter

« Reply #1177 on: October 28, 2020, 08:53:08 PM »

I voted Ossoff and Loeffler (I expect a runoff and suspect she's more of a fiscal conservative vs. Collins being a social conservative so prefer her in a runoff. However if she continues to veer towards Trumpism in the runoff, I am very much willing to switch my vote to Warnock).

Frankly I was leaning Perdue until his Kamala comment so Ossoff was a bit of a last minute change. I hope I made the right call on this one.

Excited to report that Wife and I voted today right before the polls closed in GA! Local media is reporting lines are getting longer all over metro ATL as the early voting window closes, so turnout here is probably only going to accelerate over the next few days.

TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1178 on: October 28, 2020, 08:53:56 PM »

I voted Ossoff and Loeffler (I expect a runoff and suspect she's more of a fiscal conservative vs. Collins being a social conservative so prefer her in a runoff. However if she continues to veer towards Trumpism in the runoff, I am very much willing to switch my vote to Warnock).

Frankly I was leaning Perdue until his Kamala comment so Ossoff was a bit of a last minute change. I hope I made the right call on this one.

You’re amazing, thanks for sharing
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1179 on: October 28, 2020, 08:58:35 PM »

Who do you think has the upper hand in the Presidential race in Georgia?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1180 on: October 28, 2020, 08:59:52 PM »

Who do you think has the upper hand in the Presidential race in Georgia?

Assuming there are no shenanigans, Joe Biden at this point.
Buzz

« Reply #1181 on: October 28, 2020, 09:00:10 PM »

Not gonna see many Ossoff/Loeffler voters.  I respect you for sticking to your beliefs/values!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1182 on: October 28, 2020, 09:05:13 PM »

Not gonna see many Ossoff/Loeffler voters.  I respect you for sticking to your beliefs/values!

The guy who does the Monmouth poll said he saw a good number of Perdue/Warnock voters. He implied it was Republicans who were sick of the Collins/Loeffler battles.
forsythvoter

« Reply #1183 on: October 28, 2020, 09:05:24 PM »

Appreciate it! The downballot choices were really tough this year. I guess that's why I'm an Independent haha.

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1184 on: October 28, 2020, 09:06:25 PM »

4,141 new voters in Madison, Wisconsin today from just dropboxes and in-person absentee.

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1185 on: October 28, 2020, 09:07:18 PM »

LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #1186 on: October 28, 2020, 09:08:11 PM »

definitely bad for Dems, or at least that's the tone he'll have
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1187 on: October 28, 2020, 09:08:33 PM »

The guy who does the Monmouth poll said he saw a good number of Perdue/Warnock voters. He implied it was Republicans who were sick of the Collins/Loeffler battles.

If Sore Loserman would get out of the race maybe Dems could take it outright.  Like father like son.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1188 on: October 28, 2020, 09:09:21 PM »

I actually think Ralston reads this thread and gets off on seeing you guys sh**t your pants.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1189 on: October 28, 2020, 09:11:10 PM »

Are people ever going to realize that Ralston is a sensationalist?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1190 on: October 28, 2020, 09:11:23 PM »

He already did this update. It was pretty good for Democrats.

ExSky

« Reply #1191 on: October 28, 2020, 09:26:04 PM »

He already did this update. It was pretty good for Democrats.

Imagine trying this hard to remain relevant
walleye26

« Reply #1192 on: October 28, 2020, 09:32:29 PM »

4,141 new voters in Madison, Wisconsin today from just dropboxes and in-person absentee.

That’s their highest of the week! Nice job.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1193 on: October 28, 2020, 09:39:22 PM »

Is the rest of Dane county fairly Democratic or are the Democrats substantially concentrated in the city of Madison?
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #1194 on: October 28, 2020, 09:51:36 PM »

Is the rest of Dane county fairly Democratic or are the Democrats substantially concentrated in the city of Madison?

The rest of the county is certainly pretty Democratic, just not by the 80-20 or higher margins that Madison itself is.

2018 Gubernatorial map as evidence:

TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1195 on: October 28, 2020, 10:00:37 PM »

Travis finished at 494,704! Over 10k more than the 2018 all-time record! Now it’s all about pushing that sh**t as high as we possibly can. If we can get to 650k or even more after factoring inElection Day voters, Biden has this on lock.

https://countyclerk.traviscountytx.gov/images/pdfs/election_results/2020.11.03/G20_Daily_Totals_Oct28.pdf
philly09

« Reply #1196 on: October 28, 2020, 10:15:07 PM »

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1197 on: October 28, 2020, 10:19:24 PM »

one thing I find really weird is how South Dakota shot up to over 30% of 2016 turnout after like 1 week of voting and like a month later its at 40% of 2016 turnout.
philly09

« Reply #1198 on: October 28, 2020, 10:20:46 PM »

Montana is 39,000 votes away from its 2016 total for the major candidates.
republican1993
« Reply #1199 on: October 28, 2020, 10:24:44 PM »

Travis finished at 494,704! Over 10k more than the 2018 all-time record! Now it’s all about pushing that sh**t as high as we possibly can. If we can get to 650k or even more after factoring inElection Day voters, Biden has this on lock.

https://countyclerk.traviscountytx.gov/images/pdfs/election_results/2020.11.03/G20_Daily_Totals_Oct28.pdf

BOOOO
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 103  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies