Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:36:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 105058 times)
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« on: December 13, 2020, 03:52:13 PM »

made fudge
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 11:03:55 AM »

I moved from Washington Island, WI to Waitsfield, VT today!

Enjoy your rural liberal paradise!

bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 03:18:42 AM »

Got a vaccine appointment!
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 06:24:20 PM »

Going to volunteer for the May primary election. I signed up for the big general election but was too late. Probably for the best.

And I didn't dare to ask her who she voted for last year...

You already know. Sad
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 04:41:13 PM »

Going to volunteer for the May primary election. I signed up for the big general election but was too late. Probably for the best.

Elections inspector (which is paid and serves democracy regardless of the victor), or something icky and partisan?

Poll worker
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2021, 02:18:29 PM »

I got vaxxed, it was surprisingly unpleasant. My body wasn't quite prepared for getting any sort of vaxx. Still I survived, hope my arm doesn't get too sore and I have a better time of it for the second dose.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2021, 02:58:35 PM »

happy birthday to me
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2021, 11:49:10 PM »

concerned about my paranoia issues getting as bad as they have

it started probably close to a year ago with stupid stuff about people being out to get me, and since then has developed to the point i feel like i'm being followed both on foot and in my vehicle, that my house has secret cameras and microphones implanted everywhere, my airpods are transmitting my thoughts to the people who stalk me, and that when i'm asleep my dreams are being remotely controlled. plus other stuff i don't even feel comfortable mentioning. i'm actually afraid just posting this. i feel like it's probably unreasonable and my wife says it is unreasonable but it's started to consume my life and it keeps getting worse. i'm anxious and on edge 24/7 about it.

maybe this is common? especially during times of like, life upheaval and stuff. idk, has anybody else here been through this

Getting stressed is totally normal but thinking that secret cameras are installed in your house isn't. I wouldn't panic but I would perhaps start talking to a therapist or psychiatrist. Most of your posts in this update thread have been about how unhappy you've been and you don't deserve that.

Don't let them prescribe you Seroquel though, that's only for people who are bipolar and they are infamous for bribing or sweet talking doctors. That goes for everyone here, not just you.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2021, 02:15:12 AM »

I'm currently working a generic warehouse job where my production quota seems out of reach because I'm not physically fast enough. There's no real advancement if I put in the effort, it's just manual labor and if I get promoted I would still be working in a warehouse. It's nicer than other warehouses I've heard about which prevents me from quitting but they could lay me off.  I need to break into a professional job. So many people here have jobs where they travel all over the place. I'm older than the median age of the forum so I need to get going.

I must be better. Better at making money. Better at providing myself new positive expirences. Better at socializing with annoying other people for my own gain instead of treating every single other person as just as or more important than me (this does not mean treating my buddies as pawns, don't worry). Better as doing and accomplishing something, even if it's something as stupid as posting a bunch of fantasy political maps and perfectly summarizing the generally useless information I'm tying to get across for maximum readability. I should mention not only do I have all maps done for that thread but I have apportioned and created maps for all senatorial and gubernatorial races that can be made on DRA. All of them. Hundreds of maps. I don't like playing video games anymore I just spent all my damn time creating those maps for fun. I really do belong here. Better at being organized in what I say and what I write as the last part about DRA maps lasted too long for this section, in which new subsections begin with "better at".

Maybe if I had suffered enough, in terms of being deprived of money or feeling the crunch of serious deadlines, I would be harder working and that would be the secret of success. But I doubt it. Most corporate gangster lawyers were much wealthier and more privileged than me growing up. Most weren't on the autism spectrum and were better at socializing which is the true secret of all success. The problem is I care too much about my comfort and well being to put my nose to the grindstone. An important factor in their lives is that they prepared for college, whereas I had no idea what was going on. I just know that I needed to prove myself and I sure did prove myself to not be good enough at the time.

My mother suggested I apply at a steel mill in town clearly desperate for workers. As if I would have the stamina to work there when I can't even manage the production quota for a basic warehouse worker, and I'm sure they are desperate because they are choosy beggars who don't want to pay anything. I'm not a steelworker and I'm not athletic. I'm clumsy and not the best with tools. It's reflects poorly on myself and also my confidence and work ethic that most of my work history is manual labor. Someone like me would be better at data entry or number crunching or something at an office, but I don't even know what office work actually is.

There are two types of jobs: those I'm underqualified for, and those that I don't consider good enough for me long term. I'm not going to reject the latter because that would be morally wrong considering current circumstances but I'm not going to actually advance in life with them.

My goal, or rather my idea for my goal that I present to other people occasionally to make sure they think that I'm moving forward, is to go back to college to get a bachelor's degree in some field related to global climate change. That's the one issue I seriously care about. This is overly broad and I'd rather have more money than less money or more debt. Will I follow through with this? Probably not at this rate. Would any actual university accept me, a flunkee who messed around community college for years before finally earning a generic AS? I still don't know what I'm doing anyway.

Yesterday I did make a "final decision" on something: although my last meal there was decent enough, I'm never going back to Taco Bell ever again. Great. Much willpower, so resolve. I'm still going to splurge on fast food whenever I wants and I'm probably not stopping.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2021, 09:28:37 PM »

Got my second Pfizer dose today. Already sore on account of the pharmacist just jamming the needle in (more care was applied the first time) so hopefully someone can tell me if I should be concerned about it not having been applied properly, or if this will worsen the side effects.

It will probably be more sore but it should be fine. My first dose I had a mild reaction and there was a lady there who took my blood pressure as a precaution, and she tried to do it on the arm where I had the shot before asking!! My first shot was much more sore than the second as a result.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2021, 07:52:18 AM »
« Edited: August 24, 2021, 08:06:15 AM by bagelman »

I have decided to be more sympathetic to Trans people than I was before. I'm not sure this is worth making an announcement for, as I don't remember being openly transphobic, but I'm bored.

I'm working on my confidence. My current job is a terrible fit for me, pays less than the fast food place down the street, and tires me out. I need something better but I'm afraid of breaking out of my tendency to accept whatever I get without argument. I could also take a computer class or try day trading.

I need to start living my best life.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2021, 10:55:37 AM »

No, I am a failure in life. You're fine lol.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2021, 08:47:28 AM »

I've never dabbled or really even believe in Tarot card readings, but I lent my phone to this guy who downloaded an app to my phone that generates random daily cards and readings. Thought I'd click on it and say, hey what the heck. Well, one "shuffle" of the deck and two of my three cards were, out of all of them, both The High Priestess and The Hierophant (masculine equivalent of The Priestess, or simply The Pope in Tarot).

Now the interpretation wasn't exactly charitable to me, but if that itself is not some kind of sign... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did you get the Happy Squirrel also? Sad

I'm of the elitist opinion that if it was possible to practice divination with Tarot, you need a physical deck of cards.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2022, 05:18:41 AM »

My life is pretty much exactly the same now as it was on New Year's 2021 and New Year's 2020.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2022, 05:52:24 PM »

GOOD RIDDANCE 2020 2021 2022!!! LAST POST OF THIS YEAR!

GOOD RIDDANCE 2020 2021 2022 2023!!! LAST POST OF THIS YEAR!

GOOD RIDDANCE 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024!!! LAST POST OF THIS YEAR!
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2022, 02:45:21 AM »

how do u know for sure if u have a mimic in ur house and if so how do u make it leave

The most reliable way is to use Truesight. If you're a Bard, Cleric, Sorcerer, Warlock, or Wizard with a 6th level spell slot cast True Seeing, a divination spell that consumes an eye ointment made from mushroom powder, saffron and fat valued at 25 gp unless you have a suitable substitute for material components.

Best way to make it leave is to destroy it.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2023, 10:52:54 PM »

I finally have a job, hopefully lasting longer than just the summer. It's not worth talking about but it's not a toxic work environment, unlike my brief stint at a grocery store back in the winter. This new job is mostly mindless and allows me to read audiobooks all day, and now this summer I have read more books than I have in any individual year since 2007. I still don't have much in the way of a gameplan for what to actually do long term. The idea of going back to college is entirely theoretical and involves acquiring so much debt it might as well be a million dollars (in the pockets of a useless and malicious administrator class), and I haven't left Ohio since COVID.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2023, 07:54:17 PM »

turned 27 recently, not happy about it bcuz i realized 3 x 3 x 3 = 27 and that just doesnt seem good

so now i am hoping to survive the upcoming year, wish me luck

In base 9 you are 30, and in base 3 you are 1000...
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2024, 10:13:54 PM »

have u guys ever herd of the hungry house hypothesis?

idk if i believe it i dont want my house to eat me

Perhaps my place of residence is feeding upon my soul. Alternatively, that is not the case, but it is keeping me inside, and doing a damn good job of it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies