Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:06:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 95
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 104190 times)
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: April 01, 2021, 02:57:03 PM »

Today is the first time in five years that April 1st is just any other day in my life as single instead of my anniversary with my girlfriend.

Maybe True Federalist was right... [post is from the Update VII thread, which is locked]

Quote from: True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자) on 01 October 2020, 20:24:16
Quote from: Unbeatable Titan Vincenzo De Luca! on 01 October 2020, 20:15:00
Quote from: True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자) on 01 October 2020, 20:12:06
Quote from: Unbeatable Titan Vincenzo De Luca! on 01 October 2020, 17:05:21
Today marks exactly four years and a half my girlfriend and I are a couple. Purple heart

You definitely are not from a place that celebrates April Fools Day if you began a relationship on April 1.

We do April Fools Day. It was just a coincidence we became a couple on April 1. A coincidence which many, many people have joked upon as you may imagine.

Or maybe your girlfriend enjoys brick jokes.

My anniversary with my ex was Christmas Eve, although we never celebrated it because by the time that the first December 24 after we got together rolled around we were quite estranged. We split four days later.

I acutely understand the feeling of mirth brushing up against loss so coarsely, and I offer you my deepest compassion. I can't imagine how that alienating feels colliding with Holy Week, either.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #526 on: April 02, 2021, 03:27:59 AM »

Someone I went to high school with but never really knew died a few days ago. I’d just recently been seeing more of her on Facebook (which was more than I ever interacted with her in real life, frankly), and now she’s gone. I’m not sure how I feel, or how to feel.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #527 on: April 02, 2021, 03:42:19 AM »

I accepted the offer. Off to Germany we go!

Already signed up for insurance through TK, surprisingly easy process, and a bank account through N26.

Once I find out which neighborhood I'll be living in, I'll have to join my local SPD chapter. Coincidence that I move to Germany right before an election, after moving to Sweden in time for two elections?
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #528 on: April 02, 2021, 03:45:03 AM »

Someone I went to high school with but never really knew died a few days ago. I’d just recently been seeing more of her on Facebook (which was more than I ever interacted with her in real life, frankly), and now she’s gone. I’m not sure how I feel, or how to feel.

Someone with whom I had a similar relationship died in a drowning accident two years after graduation. It definitely is strange. You feel sad since you had a tentative relationship to that person, but never really knew them. Like when a distant relative's or a friend's family member passes away: you can feel and empathize with the sadness, and feel almost obligated to be sad yourself, but just can't fully feel it since the relationship was weak.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #529 on: April 05, 2021, 05:05:44 PM »

I just learned that Dylan Sprouse is a Germanic pagan. He's wearing a Mjölnir necklace in the picture in his Wikipedia infobox.

Everything is different now.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #530 on: April 05, 2021, 05:17:08 PM »

I just learned that Dylan Sprouse is a Germanic pagan. He's wearing a Mjölnir necklace in the picture in his Wikipedia infobox.

Everything is different now.
I know right, it was pretty shattering for me too when I found out about it last year.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #531 on: April 05, 2021, 09:10:01 PM »

Freaking insurance company and my healthcare provider are having an argument so now my healthcare provider is considered out of network. Ugh, thanks American healthcare system.

I regret to inform you that The Algorithms have found us. Facebook is now suggesting that I should add Chris Sununu, Phil Scott, and Corey Lewandowski.

Not like their fanpages. Their personal accounts.
I got James O’Queef today and removed it. Usually I just let the suggestions be. I will say that there’s been lots of chicks that I don’t have any mutual with popping up on my suggestions though.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #532 on: April 05, 2021, 10:19:08 PM »

I accepted the offer. Off to Germany we go!

Already signed up for insurance through TK, surprisingly easy process, and a bank account through N26.

Once I find out which neighborhood I'll be living in, I'll have to join my local SPD chapter. Coincidence that I move to Germany right before an election, after moving to Sweden in time for two elections?

Ich bin sehr neidisch. Hab spass. 
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #533 on: April 06, 2021, 10:25:13 AM »

My left-leaning mom is looking at lake houses in the Carolinas this week.  She just texted me to ask about election data for those areas because she was worried that they are too pro-Trump.  I didn't realize that my mom was BRTD.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #534 on: April 06, 2021, 10:35:16 AM »

My left-leaning mom is looking at lake houses in the Carolinas this week.  She just texted me to ask about election data for those areas because she was worried that they are too pro-Trump.  I didn't realize that my mom was BRTD.

If I recall correctly your mom is an atheist, so she most definitely cannot be BRTD.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #535 on: April 06, 2021, 12:23:58 PM »

Funnily enough my parents have said the same thing — they'd love to retire to the mountains, except for all the people. I've steered them toward Waynesville/Lake Junaluska or Sylva/Cullowhee.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #536 on: April 06, 2021, 12:34:28 PM »

Funnily enough my parents have said the same thing — they'd love to retire to the mountains, except for all the people. I've steered them toward Waynesville/Lake Junaluska or Sylva/Cullowhee.
My mom and stepdad like Lake Murray in the suburbs of Columbia and Lake Norman outside of Charlotte.  Truthfully, I think they would be fine in somewhere like Lexington, SC.  That doesn't seem like the type of place that would be the rabid ultra-MAGA types that I think my mom is worried about.  I did provide them election results for difficult lakefront commutes that they had asked about, though.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #537 on: April 06, 2021, 11:01:57 PM »

My mom and stepdad like Lake Murray in the suburbs of Columbia and Lake Norman outside of Charlotte.  Truthfully, I think they would be fine in somewhere like Lexington, SC.  That doesn't seem like the type of place that would be the rabid ultra-MAGA types that I think my mom is worried about.  I did provide them election results for difficult lakefront commutes that they had asked about, though.
Lexington County is super pro-republican.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #538 on: April 06, 2021, 11:03:28 PM »

I know that, but I feel like it's more Republican than MAGA, to the extent that's a difference.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #539 on: April 07, 2021, 09:07:00 AM »

There are MAGA types around here, but not too many.  Still if you want to minimize MAGA contact, I'd recommend picking a place on the Irmo (north) side of Lake Murray rather than the Lexington (south) side.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #540 on: April 09, 2021, 05:10:50 PM »

Nine years!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #541 on: April 10, 2021, 07:30:50 AM »

I'm sorry, old friend. Sad
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #542 on: April 10, 2021, 10:38:14 AM »

I was just diagnosed with autism. Shocking, given that I'm an Atlas poster!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #543 on: April 10, 2021, 10:40:01 AM »

I was just diagnosed with autism. Shocking, given that I'm an Atlas poster!
Welcome to the club.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #544 on: April 10, 2021, 11:01:13 AM »

such immense levels of depression recently, and it keeps getting worse. usually my mood improves after winter passes but not this year.

i move west next month. maybe it'll help. at least that's what i gotta tell myself at this point.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #545 on: April 10, 2021, 02:52:52 PM »
« Edited: April 10, 2021, 02:59:19 PM by Scott🦋 »

I got into a semi-heated (but defused) argument with a good neighbor of mine at the shelter today. She had a bunch of money stolen from her credit card account, but then she showed me a framed certificate from Peter Popoff saying that she'd be a future millionaire. I tried explaining to her why he and similar people are nothing more than grifters, but it basically came down to "Okay, you have your opinion and I have mine."

Then we got to discussing homosexuality; apparently there was a gay priest ordained somewhere. She said you can't be a priest if you're gay, God says it's an abomination, etc. Right as I was trying to (politely) explain the context of those Bible passages, she interrupted me and said "You think what you think, I know what I know". So once again I said, "Okay, x, let's agree to disagree." Unsurprisingly, she doesn't approve of transgenderism either.

She's moving to another room in a couple days and I'm going to help her move her belongings (if hotel staff allows me; there are very strict rules on not entering people's rooms on account of COVID).

Still, it saddens me when people fall for televangelist grifters, and anything I say that's critical of them is simply dismissed. And I wish I could've opened her mind on the LGBT 'controversy' within Christianity, but she wasn't interested. She's in her 60's, her bones are failing her, and she's in constant pain. But she's a good person. And she's given me weed as gifts on several occasions. I gave her my mom's old CBD cream (which I never needed because I don't have chronic pain) but she hasn't used it for some reason.

Sigh. I suppose this is an example of how polarized we've gotten: "You think what you think, I know what I know."

And I didn't dare to ask her who she voted for last year...
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #546 on: April 10, 2021, 02:58:38 PM »

Got my first vaccine dose.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #547 on: April 10, 2021, 05:00:16 PM »

Owing to Battista and Cath stylishly modelling the avatars of ex-communist European nations, and some family heritage there, I have decided to sport a Latvia avatar. (Also, I think red and the shape of Latvia complement each other well.)
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #548 on: April 10, 2021, 07:32:21 PM »

Owing to Battista and Cath stylishly modelling the avatars of ex-communist European nations, and some family heritage there, I have decided to sport a Latvia avatar. (Also, I think red and the shape of Latvia complement each other well.)

Obviously I don't have any family heritage in Slovenia instead, but I chose it as a neighbour of Italy I have been to, whose shape I like more and whose avatar is more unique than my previous one, the Vatican City. I opted for a restyling.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #549 on: April 10, 2021, 07:51:27 PM »

I have taken the noble Moldavia as my banner in protest of the lack of avatars for the South Caucasus and Central Asia.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 95  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies