Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:47:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 95
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 104674 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: December 16, 2021, 03:54:56 PM »

I last posted in this thread when I was diagnosed with Asperger's two months ago. I had an expectation that its cathartic effect would give a positive swing to my life. However it only seems like there has been a regression instead. The last few days have been particularly... hollow.
Great news, you can use your math degree to become a Santander! Many fun stories coming your way in life.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #951 on: December 16, 2021, 05:41:16 PM »

Waiting to board a flight to New Yawk City. First East Coast trip of my life, and a much-needed break!

I last posted in this thread when I was diagnosed with Asperger's two months ago. I had an expectation that its cathartic effect would give a positive swing to my life. However it only seems like there has been a regression instead. The last few days have been particularly... hollow.

Hope all is well, good buddy.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #952 on: December 17, 2021, 04:07:53 PM »

Purchased a new notebook today. I actually didn't want to do this already now, but felt compelled to do so after my old Lenovo notebook's display frame broke for a second time in less than three years. The entire frame was of poor quality that couldn't even withstand my otherwise careful handling. I fault myself for not checking out more reviews when I bought this one less than three years ago. It worked well otherwise, I was just not willing to spend another two hundred euros for another reapair after warranty already expired. Usually I prefer to use a computer for at least five or six years, but this was an exception. Fortunately I could save all personal files and transfer them on the new notebook.

So far I'm pretty happy with the new one (Medion), which is made of a high quality aluminum frame, similar to Apple notebooks (though I prefer MS Windows). At least it has twice as much computer memory (16 GB) and 2 TB memory.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #953 on: December 17, 2021, 04:10:48 PM »

I tested positive for Covid.. despite being able to be very physically active yesterday. I had several hours of terrible symptoms yesterday which have all went away due to being vaccinated. Only thing I have is a cough.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #954 on: December 17, 2021, 04:29:41 PM »

I tested positive for Covid.. despite being able to be very physically active yesterday. I had several hours of terrible symptoms yesterday which have all went away due to being vaccinated. Only thing I have is a cough.

That sucks. I hope you get well soon again. I had it in February and felt sick for about ten days with loss of appetite and cough.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #955 on: December 17, 2021, 05:57:43 PM »

That sucks. I hope you get well soon again. I had it in February and felt sick for about ten days with loss of appetite and cough.

Thank you! Knock on wood I still have good sense of taste and smell. Enjoyed some very spicy food earlier. The main symptoms I have are coughs.. which are managable but frequent and a very scratchy throat.  I have an elliptical machine in my room and was able to use it for an hour today.

I am not advocating for covid parties now!
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #956 on: December 17, 2021, 06:10:11 PM »

I last posted in this thread when I was diagnosed with Asperger's two months ago. I had an expectation that its cathartic effect would give a positive swing to my life. However it onldepy seems like there has been a regression instead. The last few days have been particularly... hollow.

It's interesting that's been your experience because as a late ASD diagnosee myself, I felt great relief in being able to better understand why I'm inclined to behave or think in certain ways. The regression may or may not be related, but 20% of autistic people also have depression. I've been having some hollow days myself lately.

Thank you! Knock on wood I still have good sense of taste and smell. Enjoyed some very spicy food earlier. The main symptoms I have are coughs.. which are managable but frequent and a very scratchy throat.  I have an elliptical machine in my room and was able to use it for an hour today.

I am not advocating for covid parties now!

Rest easy, jimmie. Although if you're able to exercise now, that's great. Smile
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #957 on: December 17, 2021, 07:09:43 PM »

The last 4 hours:

2pm: "We're not working this weekend, it's the last weekend before Christmas and people have important things to do."
3pm: "I hate to do this, but we need to have one meeting on Sunday night."
4pm: "To prepare for the meeting on Sunday night, we'll need to wrap up some changes by early afternoon, and then review for a few hours in the rest of the day."
5pm: "Since Sunday will be so packed, we'll need to do some prep on Saturday."
6pm: "You can have a 2hr lunch on Saturday. Feel free to expense it."

Maybe at 7pm I'll be asked to book a flight to a meeting tomorrow and eat lunch on the plane...
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #958 on: December 17, 2021, 07:36:09 PM »

I last posted in this thread when I was diagnosed with Asperger's two months ago. I had an expectation that its cathartic effect would give a positive swing to my life. However it onldepy seems like there has been a regression instead. The last few days have been particularly... hollow.

It's interesting that's been your experience because as a late ASD diagnosee myself, I felt great relief in being able to better understand why I'm inclined to behave or think in certain ways. The regression may or may not be related, but 20% of autistic people also have depression. I've been having some hollow days myself lately.

Well - I did feel a relief in being able to better understand my behaviours and thoughts. However I also fell into a state of lacking more and more the will and ability to progress things. I did not expect this.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #959 on: December 17, 2021, 07:41:38 PM »

Well - I did feel a relief in being able to better understand my behaviours and thoughts. However I also fell into a state of lacking more and more the will and ability to progress things. I did not expect this.

I was diagnosed 25 years ago. Always happy to chat if it helps.
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #960 on: December 17, 2021, 09:47:42 PM »

Getting stronk update:

- Max Benching: 115 lbs/15kg
- Max Backsquats: 165 lbs/75kg
- Max Deadlifts: 285lbs/130kg
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #961 on: December 18, 2021, 01:50:15 AM »

Getting stronk update:

- Max Benching: 115 lbs/15kg
- Max Backsquats: 165 lbs/75kg
- Max Deadlifts: 285lbs/130kg

It is always so rewarding to see yourself get stronger. I remember having a burst of passion when I benched my first set at 225. 
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #962 on: December 18, 2021, 07:29:18 AM »
« Edited: December 18, 2021, 08:58:43 AM by jimmie »

I still just have coughs.

Food still tastes good to me.. I can still smell.

But my throat is very scratchy
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #963 on: December 18, 2021, 11:18:08 PM »

When you realize you married the wrong woman and the right woman was in front of you the whole time...
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #964 on: December 19, 2021, 07:07:47 AM »

I jogged 7 miles yesterday, abliet had to take a few breaks, despite having covid.

FIRE FAUCI
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #965 on: December 19, 2021, 07:29:37 AM »

I jogged 7 miles yesterday, abliet had to take a few breaks, despite having covid.

FIRE FAUCI

Uh, if you are covid positive you are meant to stay at home?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #966 on: December 19, 2021, 07:36:34 AM »

FIRE FAUCI

Outdoor activities, so long as I am distant from other people, are permitted.

and the guidance should be updated. fully vaccinated people showing no symptoms shouldn't be in isolation for 10 days.

But  no, of course, I would not go inside any indoor establishment right now even with a mask on.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #967 on: December 19, 2021, 07:51:36 AM »

FIRE FAUCI

and the guidance should be updated. fully vaccinated people showing no symptoms shouldn't be in isolation for 10 days.

But  no, of course, I would not go inside any indoor establishment right now even with a mask on.

They might be permitted but that does not mean they are a good idea!
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #968 on: December 19, 2021, 08:00:32 AM »

FIRE FAUCI

They might be permitted but that does not mean they are a good idea!

Why wouldn't they be a good idea? My viral load is so low right now that outdoor transmission is essentially zero and anecdotally masking in my area of Nova ( very dem area) is near unanimous again.

I have had colds worse than what i am experiencing now. And the last time I had the flu in fall 2017 was much worse than this.
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #969 on: December 19, 2021, 10:33:02 AM »

When you realize you married the wrong woman and the right woman was in front of you the whole time...

Well Santander, there's nothing stopping you from pulling a Henry VIII
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #970 on: December 20, 2021, 05:26:57 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2021, 01:40:33 AM by pool water is very cod 🥶🥶🥶 »

Atlas, I'm gonna finally do it. After a month and half of kicking the can down the road, I'm gonna finally tell my crush how I feel about her after 1st period tomorrow. I had been told by some guys already not to do it since she's "too high for me." But frankly, what have I got to lose?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #971 on: December 20, 2021, 05:57:38 PM »

I have returned. I spent two nights each in New York and New Jersey. Am I Italian now?
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #972 on: December 20, 2021, 08:38:06 PM »

I have returned. I spent two nights each in New York and New Jersey. Am I Italian now?

Puerto Rican, actually.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #973 on: December 21, 2021, 12:43:31 AM »

I got backstabbed today. I knew it was coming but I was not expecting it to happen in this way...
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #974 on: December 21, 2021, 12:43:48 AM »

Polish actually.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 95  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies