Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:36:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 95
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 104548 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: July 31, 2021, 05:09:53 AM »

We're back from a magnificent vacation on Rhodes, a Greek island in the South Aeagan Sea. Was a great nine day stay at a Rhodes Town four star hotel. We also rented a car for five days to discover the island. That being said, on a sidenote, driving in Greece kinda sucks as nobody really seems to care about rules, especially speed limits. However, it was absolutely worth it.

I took hundreds and hundreds of photos; some of the best here (some shameless promotion for Greece, I know) as a small travel diary.

View from our hotel room in the 3rd floor towards West. Sunset in Rhodes is truly awesome every single day (on a sidenote, the ladscape at the horizon is already Turkey).

The beach just down the street; known as "windy beach". On the West side of the island, it was always pretty windy, a stark contrast to the east coast. The waves were truly fun to swin in. Water temperature was always very comfortable; at 25-28 C (80-85 F).

Took this in the valley of butterflies. A small path through a wooded area with a stream and many butterflies (sometimes hard to find). Below a view from the top of the valley to the East coast. Funny sidenote: About the moment I realized my swimming trunks for a following beach visit further south were still at the hotel. Consequently, I needed to buy a new one as returing to the hotel would have taken too mich time.

Lindos, seen from a above, is a town with some intersting Greek architecture and a ruin on a rock; we didn't climb up there because it was way, way, too hot for that much exercise. Instead went down to the beach in neighboring Lardos as Lindos Beach was small and overcrowded. Personally, it was my favorite beach (however, walking for 20 minutes in the heat to find a restaurant for lunch wasn't that fun, lmao). Also went on a banana boat here, which was a lot of fun.

Another great sunset view from above Rhodes Town. Found this place by accident after returing from Lardos as I was trying to get us back to the hotel. Btw, it was possible to actually watch the sun set within a few minutes behind the montain on the other side of the sea (Turkey). Below, the sun is already beyond the horizon, seen from Windy Beach in Rhodes Town.

A nightshot from Rhodes Harbor (nightlife was pretty much like without the pandemic, other than indoor clubs are closed):

Then there was our boat trip (on a fast boat!) to Symi, a small island just a few short miles from the Turkish coast. It's known for historical Greek architecture and we found this small beach with blue water as beautiful as it can get. Swimming there was like in paradise.

And then of course, there was food. Some of my favorites are here:

Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #751 on: July 31, 2021, 11:18:37 AM »

Changing my uni pre-drinks tipple of choice from Jack Daniels to Russian Standard was the best decision I ever made. JD is a truly cursed liquor.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #752 on: July 31, 2021, 12:24:39 PM »

Changing my uni pre-drinks tipple of choice from Jack Daniels to Russian Standard was the best decision I ever made. JD is a truly cursed liquor.

American food and drink should always be a last resort.

Right now I am drinking a local cider that shares its name with Britain's greatest postwar PM.  It's not the best but it'll do for tonight.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #753 on: July 31, 2021, 12:58:12 PM »

Right now I am drinking a local cider that shares its name with Britain's greatest postwar PM.  It's not the best but it'll do for tonight.

Shut. Your whore. Mouths.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #754 on: July 31, 2021, 01:42:31 PM »

Amazing Photos President Johnson and it’s nice that you had a good trip
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #755 on: July 31, 2021, 03:01:59 PM »

Right now I am drinking a local cider that shares its name with Britain's greatest postwar PM.  It's not the best but it'll do for tonight.

Absolutely. Currently putting back some G&T’s, albeit the T quotient is so minuscule I feel like an early 18th century patriot about to be snookered by the 1736 Gin Act.

Right now I am drinking a local cider that shares its name with Britain's greatest postwar PM.  It's not the best but it'll do for tonight.

Shut. Your whore. Mouths.

Being a whore is what being British is all about Wink
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #756 on: July 31, 2021, 03:24:32 PM »

Absolutely. Currently putting back some G&T’s, albeit the T quotient is so minuscule I feel like an early 18th century patriot about to be snookered by the 1736 Gin Act.

You should try making your own gin.  I did it back in about March and it came out quite good.

Hey you Yanks threw our tea into the harbour in 1066 or whenever that revolution was - shows what you know about good drinks.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #757 on: July 31, 2021, 10:38:45 PM »

i feel like i've never really belonged anywhere and i'm very concerned i never will

it's v distressing
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #758 on: August 01, 2021, 02:12:53 PM »

Today I received my second dose of vaccine against COVID!
By some coincidence, just like the day of my first dose, it was also a great day for my country in sports. Italy won two Olympic gold medals in athletics, in both cases our first medal in the history of the event: Gianmarco Tamberi in the men's high jump and, more surprisingly, Marcell Jacobs in the all-prestigious men's 100 metres. Another gleeful day!
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #759 on: August 02, 2021, 07:59:21 PM »

So i've gained like 20 pounds since I've been back in SC. As it turns out, being in a town with nothing in walking distance other than restaurants doesn't do good stuff for me! (I also made the observation today that I'm eating far more than I did down there)

Luckily I'll be back down in Mobile 2 weeks from now so I'll be back on track there by walking to classes and generally eating less. I lost a couple pounds when I was there so hopefully I can repeat that especially with the fitness and recreation center open.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #760 on: August 02, 2021, 09:05:02 PM »

So i've gained like 20 pounds since I've been back in SC. As it turns out, being in a town with nothing in walking distance other than restaurants doesn't do good stuff for me! (I also made the observation today that I'm eating far more than I did down there)

Luckily I'll be back down in Mobile 2 weeks from now so I'll be back on track there by walking to classes and generally eating less. I lost a couple pounds when I was there so hopefully I can repeat that especially with the fitness and recreation center open.

I should also add that I'm not like, Obese. I'm solidly in the overweight category with this though. Hopefully I can get that down, like I said.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #761 on: August 03, 2021, 05:12:49 PM »

I finally got out of the house for a leisure trip for the first time since April 2020, and managed to not have a panic attack when doing so.  Still wearing a mask, but down to a single N95 rather than three.

About 50-70% of people had masks on depending on where I was and it was mandated in most stores, though Old Navy had a sign on the door saying they aren't responsible for you under Georgia law and you assume the risk of death from covid by entering.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #762 on: August 05, 2021, 02:57:57 PM »

I hate sales tax audit requests. Federal government purchases are sales tax exempt, but no matter how many times I tell the technicians that, there’s still purchases made with sales tax paid. So now I have to call some auto shop up in Idaho and see if I can get the sales tax refunded. Ugh.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #763 on: August 06, 2021, 10:41:53 PM »

I've had a hectic last 6 months. My father-in-law got much sicker and died requiring some additional unplanned travel. I had to deal with redistricting consulting with no real data and litigation because of that. I had my usual intense summer course, still online due to uncertainty in February when it was scheduled. There was a great road trip to the Rockies, which included whitewater rafting, hiking, antique rail tours, and online teaching. Now I just got a last minute gig to teach a fall sophomore-level physics course at a small WI college that will require an hour and a half commute up to four times a week.

But I am able to spend time here again. Smiley
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #764 on: August 07, 2021, 04:47:53 PM »

I moved today.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #765 on: August 09, 2021, 04:13:46 AM »

Just came back from a 6 day trip with friends yesterday night. It was absolutely amazingly fun, 100% recommend but tbh I am now quite a bit sad cause I've realized I don't have that many friends or activities to do and what not with this trip being basically a mirage and an exception to my usually quite boring and lonely life Sad

Guess I have to look at it as a "be happy that it happened, not sad that it ended" kind of trip. I am hoping for a bit of a fresh start this September (and equal parts excited and absolutely terrrfied about it), but this August is going to be an extremely weird transitional month.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #766 on: August 09, 2021, 08:20:12 PM »

had you been planning to, or all of a sudden?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #767 on: August 09, 2021, 08:58:24 PM »

only a couple more weeks until I spend a few days chilling by the sea, i need it bad

anybody got recommendations for restaurants in Huntington Beach
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #768 on: August 09, 2021, 09:00:34 PM »

only a couple more weeks until I spend a few days chilling by the sea, i need it bad

Go to the anti-vaxx place.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #769 on: August 10, 2021, 04:09:19 AM »

RIP to an era.

Is the O for Working Families Party?
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #770 on: August 10, 2021, 05:03:55 AM »

President Johnson did you enjoy your freedom fries?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #771 on: August 10, 2021, 10:44:31 PM »

Go to the anti-vaxx place.

im vaccinated lmao they'd kick me out
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #772 on: August 12, 2021, 05:55:41 PM »

All my friends have COVID.

I was thinking of going to hang out with them yesterday. Thank ing god I didn't.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #773 on: August 12, 2021, 10:06:03 PM »

i hope all u guys know u can do incredible stuff if u set ur mind to it

don't let anybody tell u that u r limited

i believe in u
PSOL
Atlas Icon