Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:21:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VIII: He who laughs have the last laugh  (Read 104326 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2021, 04:29:30 PM »
« edited: June 26, 2021, 06:09:50 PM by Senator-elect Scott🦋 »

There is a woman I've taken a liking to. Her name is Noelle, and I've been dreaming about her. But she didn't know who I am, and she didn't give a damn about me.

Her boyfriend's a dick and brings a gun to school, and he'd simply kick my ass if he knew the truth. He lives on my block and drives an IROC car. But, he doesn't know who I am or give a damn about me, either.

So prom night approaches, right? I feel like mold and I am lonely. Well, lo and behold, she walks up to me. I'm thinking, "This sh!t's gotta be fake." How the hell does she know who I am?

She scored two tickets to Iron Maiden! She said "Come with me Friday, don't say maybe, because I'm just a teenage dirtbag like you."

Oh yeah. Dirtbag. She doesn't know what she's missing.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2021, 08:45:07 PM »

I was raised to be a gentleman. I was a doctor. I was supposed to be the kingmaker. I was raised to be a gentleman. I never once asked a question. I was a mommy’s man. I was always on the phone. I was raised to be a gentleman. I was a total idiot. I swallowed a mountain of Twix for two million dollars. If you want to lose money, you have to lose money. That’s how it works when you’re dumb.

I'm pretty dumb but yeah the systemic  racism against dumb people sure is dispiriting. Thzt's why I stole my dumb neighbor's pride flag (he's kind of a dick tbh) to display outside my room.

my dream is to be the MLK of dumb peopl
e
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2021, 04:07:12 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2021, 04:13:45 PM by Senator-elect Scott🦋 »

Fingers crossed, but it looks like a permanent housing plan is finally along the way. I don't know where it will be, but I'll be so glad to be out of this murder/drug den.

I might also be flying up to either Massachusetts or Connecticut for my mom's funeral. Waiting to hear back from my uncle on that.

Prayers requested... this might be my first time seeing my extended family in years.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2021, 05:29:54 PM »

Fingers crossed, but it looks like a permanent housing plan is finally along the way. I don't know where it will be, but I'll be so glad to be out of this murder/drug den.

I might also be flying up to either Massachusetts or Connecticut for my mom's funeral. Waiting to hear back from my uncle on that.

Prayers requested... this might be my first time seeing my extended family in years.
Not a religious guy but you'll be in my thoughts, Scott.

Thanks, WB! Smile And congrats on losing those wisdom teeth. That thing looks like a tragic car accident. Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2021, 03:51:43 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2021, 12:24:58 AM by Senator Scott, PPT »

Trying my first-ever Jack Daniels and Christ I'm burpy. Not enjoying so far. Expect progress report if I'm still right in the head by the time I finish getting through this glass, should I manage.

But God am I gassy right now.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2021, 03:55:28 PM »

For some back story: I finally got my state ID after years of going through the bureaucracy and fixing my identity theft, so this summer I'm celebrating in style. I've never tried whiskey before, so I should be in for a real treat.

The banana flavor is interesting yet still pretty hard to down. And I've only had a few sips and can't stop hiccuping.

Cheers to new experiences, right?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2021, 05:06:24 PM »

sweet jesus irish cream is the bee's knees
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2021, 10:48:46 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2021, 12:19:27 AM by Senator Scott, PPT »

Update: I blacked out and am slightly disoriented.

Totally worth it. But drink your Jack Daniels the way it's intended to be - not through a glass.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2021, 12:21:58 AM »

To hell with your bitter devil's sauce. I demand a banana-tasting sweetness with a mix of oak when I'm killing my liver.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2021, 12:58:12 PM »

Changing my uni pre-drinks tipple of choice from Jack Daniels to Russian Standard was the best decision I ever made. JD is a truly cursed liquor.

American food and drink should always be a last resort.

Right now I am drinking a local cider that shares its name with Britain's greatest postwar PM.  It's not the best but it'll do for tonight.

Shut. Your whore. Mouths.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2021, 04:09:19 AM »

RIP to an era.

Is the O for Working Families Party?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2021, 08:43:59 PM »

Too drunk to f#ck but not too drunk to sh!tpost on Atlas
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2021, 05:19:39 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2021, 05:23:14 PM by Senator Scott, PPT »

I've never dabbled or really even believe in Tarot card readings, but I lent my phone to this guy who downloaded an app to my phone that generates random daily cards and readings. Thought I'd click on it and say, hey what the heck. Well, one "shuffle" of the deck and two of my three cards were, out of all of them, both The High Priestess and The Hierophant (masculine equivalent of The Priestess, or simply The Pope in Tarot).

Now the interpretation wasn't exactly charitable to me, but if that itself is not some kind of sign... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2021, 03:45:16 PM »

Currently trying to find a new guinea pig to add to the family. Females are really hard to find, so I'm calling one place next Friday and hopefully they'll be available the following Tuesday. Fingers crossed!

BRTD has invaded my brain the point that I'm planning on naming her Clarity, or Claire for short. Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2021, 05:13:00 PM »

Found a way of beating the annoying speed limiter thing on my car.

You can't just solve all your problems with fire, you know.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2021, 07:55:03 PM »
« Edited: October 08, 2021, 07:58:09 PM by Senator Scott, PPT🎃 »

Drunker than I've ever been in years, lol. This f#cking "shelter' is going down.

Good thing my phone has a voice recorder for any 'confrontations'. I let the bastards have it today, and it feels awesome to finally assert myself and have power over people.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2021, 02:27:43 PM »

This weekend I will be leaving the Get Stabbed Inn at Norfolk and temporarily housing with someone in Newport News. Then hopefully permanent housing + college comes shortly after.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2021, 12:12:06 AM »

The online proctoring programs universities/professors are making students use for exams are creepy as hell.   AI analysis on you through the camera & recording your screen, requiring ID and a room scan, etc.   Seems like students of an earlier generation would have made a much bigger fuss about it.

I didn't know about this but that is creepy. I haven't gotten to try online college yet but that makes me question what level of privacy I'd be giving over to them.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2021, 08:37:54 PM »

So how many other people can say they sang an emo pop song to their guinea pig?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2021, 09:06:49 PM »

So how many other people can say they sang an emo pop song to their guinea pig?
I can think of one poster.

I don't think BRTD owns guinea pigs.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2021, 06:10:11 PM »

I last posted in this thread when I was diagnosed with Asperger's two months ago. I had an expectation that its cathartic effect would give a positive swing to my life. However it onldepy seems like there has been a regression instead. The last few days have been particularly... hollow.

It's interesting that's been your experience because as a late ASD diagnosee myself, I felt great relief in being able to better understand why I'm inclined to behave or think in certain ways. The regression may or may not be related, but 20% of autistic people also have depression. I've been having some hollow days myself lately.

I tested positive for Covid.. despite being able to be very physically active yesterday. I had several hours of terrible symptoms yesterday which have all went away due to being vaccinated. Only thing I have is a cough.

That sucks. I hope you get well soon again. I had it in February and felt sick for about ten days with loss of appetite and cough.

Thank you! Knock on wood I still have good sense of taste and smell. Enjoyed some very spicy food earlier. The main symptoms I have are coughs.. which are managable but frequent and a very scratchy throat.  I have an elliptical machine in my room and was able to use it for an hour today.

I am not advocating for covid parties now!

Rest easy, jimmie. Although if you're able to exercise now, that's great. Smile
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2022, 08:43:20 PM »

Just had a girl I met on tinder yesterday send me a video of her lowering the camera to her privates unprompted(it was sexual in a discomforting way). I said that doing that is bad and then blocked her. Not fun.

Just sausage her man - it’s an open door.

Mr. Lahey is this you talking or the liquor?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2022, 06:54:27 PM »

I overheard a guy walking outside of Target who said "You know, testicles go for $20,000 on the black market." Not sure if this is true but just $20K sounds like he's low-balling it. Pun intended.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2022, 10:13:32 PM »

I think I encountered Santander whilst playing Red Dead Redemption 2 this evening:

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2022, 07:59:05 PM »

Times are a bit challenging for me.  The challenges I have are fairly common among us autistics, but they're still quite difficult.  I want to be fully employed and independent within a couple of years from now, but despite having graduated from college--and participating in a program designed to help people with disabilities after graduating--I still have a bit of work to do.  I have two part-time jobs, both of which are pretty enjoyable, but it's not enough to make a living.  I get some government benefits, with my Dad as payee representative, but I want to be free from dependence on that and the many strings attached, and to be a regular employed person making a decent living.  It's up to me to pull myself together, and to master the skills and to become more qualified for more positions, so I may be self-sufficient.  What is holding me back is my constant anxiety, depression, and fatigue.  I need to figure this out.

What's making it worse is that mother suffered a stroke back in February, 2021, which resulted in a decline of memory. I've been closest to her, this is very hard.

I also continue to be very lonely.  I hardly had any friends before college.  By the time I got to high school, I stopped trying, and withdrew socially.  Maybe I should have tried, I didn't realize how lonely I'd be afterwards.  I had a few friends in college, but mostly through the help of caring staff, and I don't see them much anymore.  My social skills have improved a lot, and seem to continue to improve, but it seems too late to make friends.  I do put effort into getting out and talking to people, but making friends is still an uphill battle.  I don't even need a significant other, I'd be happy with just a bromance, plus a few other good friends.

I definitely believe there's hope for me, but that's always been the case, and things still need to get better.  There is still hope nonetheless, I still have connections with some caring people who have been helpful, but there are a few things I need to figure out.  I have improved in many areas, hopefully the pace of improvement and growth will accelerate now.

Anyway, thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.

I can relate very well to this. I'll be praying for you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies