WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:24:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?  (Read 66970 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 21, 2021, 09:48:10 AM »

Facts.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 12:50:19 PM »

I think the trigger law total abortion ban in WI will make this race a lot more interesting than it was going to be. 
I’d imagine it mostly matters to the governors race and state legislative races due to them actually dictating abortion law in Wisconsin, and it will probably have little to no impact on the actual statewide result.

It's sad how geography and a light gerrymander basically lock Rs in the legislature for a decade with shots at supermajorities. Sorta like the inverse of Nevada where geography makes it nearly impossible for Rs to win the legistlature even though Dems gerrymander is pretty tame.

If Dems win the Sup. Ct race next April (which with this abortion law on the books they will), the state legislative maps are toast and we may even get a 4-4 congressional map. If Evers wins this November, you wonder if he and the legislature will just cut a deal to put abortion as a ballot referendum.
LOL the Supreme Court race is in no ways safe for dems

Maybe not safe, but the dems absolutely curb stomped the republicans in the last supreme court election (where people stood in lines for hours to vote in the early days of the coronavirus no less), and Roe being overturned is in no way, shape or form going to help the republicans in the next one.

They curb stomped due to the fact that the election was held concurrent to the 2020 Democratic presidential primary.
How would it have likely gone if both primaries were concurrent on the same day?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 01:24:42 PM »

I think the trigger law total abortion ban in WI will make this race a lot more interesting than it was going to be. 
I’d imagine it mostly matters to the governors race and state legislative races due to them actually dictating abortion law in Wisconsin, and it will probably have little to no impact on the actual statewide result.

It's sad how geography and a light gerrymander basically lock Rs in the legislature for a decade with shots at supermajorities. Sorta like the inverse of Nevada where geography makes it nearly impossible for Rs to win the legistlature even though Dems gerrymander is pretty tame.

If Dems win the Sup. Ct race next April (which with this abortion law on the books they will), the state legislative maps are toast and we may even get a 4-4 congressional map. If Evers wins this November, you wonder if he and the legislature will just cut a deal to put abortion as a ballot referendum.
LOL the Supreme Court race is in no ways safe for dems

Maybe not safe, but the dems absolutely curb stomped the republicans in the last supreme court election (where people stood in lines for hours to vote in the early days of the coronavirus no less), and Roe being overturned is in no way, shape or form going to help the republicans in the next one.

They curb stomped due to the fact that the election was held concurrent to the 2020 Democratic presidential primary.
How would it have likely gone if both primaries were concurrent on the same day?

I mean the R primary existed it was just all but uncontested.
Ok, true. That's fair.
Not too different from the PA Supreme Court elections some while back in the 2010s...
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 04:31:30 PM »

Wait what?

Safe R > Likely D
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2022, 07:35:11 PM »

Any of you Wisconsin folks watching the debate tonight?  I just saw a few tweets about it.

How many people are watching this debate?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2022, 11:24:18 AM »

Remarks from around 2020 were too fresh and too radical to begin with, also he was a challenger going up against an incumbent, which is hard to begin with.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies