WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 10:27:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45
Author Topic: WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?  (Read 68271 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #975 on: October 14, 2022, 07:39:50 AM »

You will see didnt Snow Labrador wrongly predict GA going red in 2020 and MI Gary Peters losing 2020 yes he did why should we listen to him now
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #976 on: October 14, 2022, 05:29:59 PM »

It's too bad that Ron Johnson is going to be re-elected.
omar04

« Reply #977 on: October 14, 2022, 06:30:28 PM »

Obama campaigning for Barnes
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #978 on: October 14, 2022, 07:05:29 PM »

Seems like a huge waste of Obama's time, but then he never did have great political instincts. (I am prepared to eat crow on the first part if Barnes does the impossible.)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #979 on: October 14, 2022, 07:13:16 PM »

Seems like a huge waste of Obama's time, but then he never did have great political instincts. (I am prepared to eat crow on the first part if Barnes does the impossible.)

I was wondering when Obama was going to hit the campaign trail, and I'm surprised that he didn't do it sooner. But yes, I think we know by now that Obama can't deliver for other candidates besides himself. We saw this with Gillum and Nelson in Florida in 2018 and McAuliffe in Virginia last year. Obama campaigned for all of them, and it did them no good. I don't see why it would be different for Barnes.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #980 on: October 14, 2022, 07:24:36 PM »

I was wondering when Obama was going to hit the campaign trail, and I'm surprised that he didn't do it sooner. But yes, I think we know by now that Obama can't deliver for other candidates besides himself. We saw this with Gillum and Nelson in Florida in 2018 and McAuliffe in Virginia last year. Obama campaigned for all of them, and it did them no good. I don't see why it would be different for Barnes.
Barnes' struggles have absolutely nothing to do with African-Americans or Turnout by that Group. He is simple "Too Progressive" for that State. Clearing the Field for him and not vetting him properly through a vigorous Primary Challenge was a mistake. Wisconsin is not yet ready to sent such a Progressive like him to the Senate. And I am saying the same thing for Beasley and Demings.

Demings for starters is still running a Campaign like she is running for Orlando Police Chief or in a PVI D+30 District.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #981 on: October 14, 2022, 07:29:52 PM »

Barnes' struggles have absolutely nothing to do with African-Americans or Turnout by that Group. He is simple "Too Progressive" for that State. Clearing the Field for him and not vetting him properly through a vigorous Primary Challenge was a mistake. Wisconsin is not yet ready to sent such a Progressive like him to the Senate. And I am saying the same thing for Beasley and Demings.

Demings for starters is still running a Campaign like she is running for Orlando Police Chief or in a PVI D+30 District.
I wonder why you mentioned Beasley and Demings specifically and not other candidates who are arguably further left on issues like Fetterman…hm.

What could they share in common?
Junior Chimp

« Reply #982 on: October 14, 2022, 07:35:34 PM »

I wonder why you mentioned Beasley and Demings specifically and not other candidates who are arguably further left on issues like Fetterman…hm.

I could mention a lot of other names like Charles Booker in Kentucky, Matthews in South Carolina, Fetterman I think as well but he will probably win because Oz is so bad. O'Rourke in TX, who IMO will never win a Statewide Race there. Abrams in Georgia as well.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #983 on: October 14, 2022, 07:37:30 PM »

I could mention a lot of other names like Charles Booker in Kentucky, Matthews in South Carolina, Fetterman I think as well but he will probably win because Oz is so bad. O'Rourke in TX, who IMO will never win a Statewide Race there. Abrams in Georgia as well.
Dear gosh you are either really dense, trolling, or dress up as a ghost for more than just Halloween.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #984 on: October 14, 2022, 08:08:07 PM »

..... and I could name you quite a few other candidates who had Obama campaign for them who *did* win. Acting as if having Obama there is some magical wand to make you win is a bit ridiculous. Nobody that somebody campaigns for wins every single time, that's just being ridiculous.

If anything, Obama willing to put his name on the line for Barnes makes me believe that they still think Barnes has a chance. If Obama really thought he was a lost cause, I doubt he would do it, since he seems to be going for the "I'm only gonna certain campaigning this cycle" thing.

Also, if that Marquette LV poll *is correct* and Barnes doesn't have a RV problem but a *turnout problem* then it would make total sense for someone to come in who would gin up turnout with the base.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #985 on: October 15, 2022, 09:35:03 PM »

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #986 on: October 15, 2022, 10:56:59 PM »

Ew.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #987 on: October 15, 2022, 11:24:12 PM »

Based
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #988 on: October 16, 2022, 06:38:48 PM »

Obama campaigning for Barnes

I'm glad Obama is finally hitting the campaign trail. He could help get some low propensity loyal Democrats to turn out, especially for candidates more inspiring than McAuliffe and Murphy last year alongside even bigger stakes.

Now, his efforts in helping Barnes might not amount to much. But maybe he could help Evers at least, who does still have a chance to win.

I also hope to see him campaign elsewhere. I know he is also going to Georgia but he might be of at least some benefit to the campaigns in Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, and Pennsylvania too. It definitely couldn't hurt.
walleye26

« Reply #989 on: October 16, 2022, 09:10:42 PM »

I know yard signs don’t vote, but I’ve driven all around the state and it’s just sad to see Johnson’s signs outnumbering Barnes’ 15-1.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #990 on: October 16, 2022, 09:22:41 PM »

I know yard signs don’t vote, but I’ve driven all around the state and it’s just sad to see Johnson’s signs outnumbering Barnes’ 15-1.

What are you expecting the county map to look like? I'm assuming it will be similar to 2020, with Barnes winning largely the same counties that Biden did, and with rural areas swinging heavily Republican compared to 2016.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #991 on: October 16, 2022, 10:34:51 PM »

? I live in a rural area and if anything, the typical democrat homes have been putting their signs up more reliably than the republican homes and id say that's true of most areas ive driven through in the state.   Its also one of the most useless metrics of voter support since only partisans who are loud and proud put out signs anyways.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #992 on: October 16, 2022, 10:51:35 PM »

Just a reminder Tammy Baldwin against Tommy Thompson wasn't called at poll closing it was rated too close to call when Obama won it Evers can win this state as soon as polls closed and Barnes can be behind 48/49 like BALDWIN but what saves Barnes and Kotek aren't 15 K or 50 K but 230 K provisions ballots some users think Provisions ballots are only a small portion it's not it's mixed in with military ballots

That's why it's a mistake for users to assume Johnson plus 1is Lean R because Baldwin was down 1 at poll closing
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #993 on: October 17, 2022, 06:48:47 AM »

This race is over. Barnes would be lucky to keep it within 5 points.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #994 on: October 17, 2022, 07:55:08 AM »
« Edited: October 17, 2022, 07:58:14 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Lol this race is not over, do you know what 3% is, 300K votes, guess how many Provisional ballots there are statewide 300K and Johnson won by 3% and with Evers leading Johnson is unlikely to get every last vote as last time

People don't know the definition of Provisions ballots it not 10K even though a candidate can squeak by 15K votes with Provisions ballots it's 300K votes, Johnson is probably ahead by day 100K votes 1% and 150K can overtake Johnson lead
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #995 on: October 17, 2022, 08:37:08 AM »

Yeah, Johnson is leading by a whopping 2.8% in the R(epublican)CP average. Clearly the race is 100% over.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #996 on: October 17, 2022, 08:44:29 AM »

I wouldn't say it's over and I think Barnes will come well within 5 pts., he's just a clear underdog. Over the summer I thought he may have a chance, but that hope has vanished. Johnson lately gained the upper again, though he most likely was never going to lose. Expecting him to win by 2-3 pts.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #997 on: October 17, 2022, 08:54:28 AM »

"The impossible"? lol.

Barnes winning would definitely be an upset at this point but nothing absolutely shocking.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #998 on: October 17, 2022, 09:17:13 AM »
« Edited: October 17, 2022, 09:22:26 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

I wouldn't say it's over and I think Barnes will come well within 5 pts., he's just a clear underdog. Over the summer I thought he may have a chance, but that hope has vanished. Johnson lately gained the upper again, though he most likely was never going to lose. Expecting him to win by 2-3 pts.

Lol Johnson won by 300 K and he is only 1 pt ahead that 180 K provisions ballots Barnes only have to win 150 K more votes than Feingold and Johnson isn't gonna over performed Michels by 5 , with Kleefisch she would have won but not now why do you like Johnson anyways he said he's gonna supeona Hunter Biden if Rs get control he didn't suppena Biden in 2020 Biden wasn't Prez

Did you know Feingold was ahead of Johnson in 2010?16 and Feingold Lost thats how inelastic WI is the underdog win, Baldwin didn't have a race but she was the clear underdog in 2012 against Thompson WI was called for Obama that year and. Baldwin was down by one 48/49 like Barnes is now
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #999 on: October 17, 2022, 01:45:57 PM »

Interesting...

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies