Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:43:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 92197 times)
emailking
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1925 on: October 06, 2020, 11:06:23 AM »

So, um, let's just say that he does actually...succumb to this.

How long before we actually know?

If you mean if he dies we would know almost instantly. Secret Service would be on it immediately to give a full detail to Pence. He has to be sworn in to have the powers of the office. It won't be under wraps, and he wouldn't want it to be.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1926 on: October 06, 2020, 11:07:10 AM »

As I've noted above, Trump supporters are already starting to justify this by saying that it's "only a few dozen" people in Trump's entourage who are falling ill with this. But given his attendance at that fundraiser last week, and given how contagious this virus is, that seems like a very poor justification to me. And I have to wonder what the Secret Service agents who had to flank Trump in his vehicle, and on his way back into the White House, must be thinking right now.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1927 on: October 06, 2020, 11:13:42 AM »

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1928 on: October 06, 2020, 11:29:04 AM »

doublethink
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1929 on: October 06, 2020, 11:43:24 AM »

Yeah...Covid-downplaying when he was transported to a hospital several days ago is not a good strategy. This will hurt him.

It's not the downplaying that'll help him it's suggesting we open up. A lot of people, especially undecided younger people really want that.

Younger voters do not trust a word Trump says. I really don't know where this idea that 18-35-year-old voters are magically going to break hard towards Trump because OH YEAH BEER PONG AND 69ING, BRO is coming from, but it's not going to happen. Trump has been pushing hard for reopening for six months now and it hasn't moved the needle with young voters, or anyone else for that matter; why in the world would that change now?

The fact that it's been seven months and a lot of people are getting stir crazy. Of course that idea wasn't as popular when this was all new.

Trump's also trying to ban TikTok. A court injunction is the only reason you can still download it.
Yeah...I’m guessing the tiktok ban is more likely to persuade young voters than this (but neither change the outcome by much)
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #1930 on: October 06, 2020, 11:58:15 AM »

New posting from the medical team. Somehow even less transparent than yesterday.

ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1931 on: October 06, 2020, 12:04:25 PM »

PROTECT OUR TROOPS!
Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1932 on: October 06, 2020, 12:11:41 PM »

If Trump is still taking dexamethasone, get ready for an...interesting debate next week.

PROTECT OUR TROOPS!

Maybe having all high levels of our executive, legislative and defense bodies either sick with or likely exposed to a deadly virus was a bad idea.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #1933 on: October 06, 2020, 12:14:51 PM »

Did Trump really have COVID?

Come on, we’re all thinking it.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1934 on: October 06, 2020, 12:22:09 PM »

Did Trump really have COVID?

Come on, we’re all thinking it.

No, nobody with a brain is thinking that (so it does make sense that you're thinking it). Given the fact that we're talking about a guy who's so insecure that he probably thinks being sick (let alone catching what he calls a 'plague') is a sign of weakness, he wouldn't have told the world he had this - to the significant detriment of his poll numbers, no less - unless he absolutely had to (i.e., we were gonna see him forced to go to the hospital sooner-or-later).
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1935 on: October 06, 2020, 12:34:29 PM »

If Trump is still taking dexamethasone, get ready for an...interesting debate next week.

Given how... happy he seems to be while taking dexamethasone, combined with existing evidence of Adderall abuse and ready willingness to abuse his postion, I doubt he'll ever stop he'll taking dexamethasone willingly.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #1936 on: October 06, 2020, 12:38:13 PM »

Well, at least now there's absolutely no chance the military and Secret Service allow him to hang onto power if he refuses to accept the election results. He's directly endangered both of them through this.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1937 on: October 06, 2020, 12:43:16 PM »

PROTECT OUR TROOPS!

Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1938 on: October 06, 2020, 12:49:00 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2020, 01:00:33 PM by Monstro Believes in a Blue Texas & a Blue Georgia »

My brain has melted after reading these last 3 pages. I swear folks' only exposure to young people has been on the news. They think everyone under 35 is a dude-bro who just wants to party at spring break, play beer pong, eat Tide pods, watch UFC and who find mask-wearing 'hella uncool'.

No surprise that those the same people paintbrushing young people are those who said Trump will win if COVID disappeared from the news are now proclaiming not only Trump's impending reelection but a newfound domination with young voters (One of his solidly worst groups) after CATCHING COVID AND BEING AN ACTIVE SPREADER!

Hacks, plain and simple. Not even doomers, because that would imply they don't want Trump to win.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1939 on: October 06, 2020, 12:55:56 PM »

Oh cool, this definitely isn't a national security problem or anything (/s)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1940 on: October 06, 2020, 01:06:52 PM »

This has huge national security implications.
I wouldn't doubt if our enemies tried something, to test our reactions.
China may even make some "moves" in the South China Sea area, to secure/annex islands claimed by other Asian nations.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1941 on: October 06, 2020, 01:08:58 PM »

The President's illness has humbled him. He now truly understands the hardships that millions of people are going through:

Twitter has flagged this tweet.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1942 on: October 06, 2020, 01:13:23 PM »

The President's illness has humbled him. He now truly understands the hardships that millions of people are going through:

Twitter has flagged this tweet.

Good!
compucomp

« Reply #1943 on: October 06, 2020, 01:16:29 PM »

My brain has melted after reading these last 3 pages. I swear folks' only exposure to young people has been on the news. They think everyone under 35 is a dude-bro who just wants to party at spring break, play beer pong, eat Tide pods, watch UFC and who find mask-wearing 'hella uncool'.

No surprise that those the same people paintbrushing young people are those who said Trump will win if COVID disappeared from the news are now proclaiming not only Trump's impending reelection but a newfound domination with young voters (One of his solidly worst groups) after CATCHING COVID AND BEING AN ACTIVE SPREADER!

Hacks, plain and simple. Not even doomers, because that would imply they don't want Trump to win.

You're not going to convince me that there isn't a substantial fraction of the 18-22 year group like this. We've all been to college. It's obvious why colleges instantly became COVID hotspots when they allowed students back on campus, and we saw in Spring Break 2020 Florida's beaches were packed with this age group who thought "If I get corona, I get corona."

For the 23-35 age group, I'd say that you have a better point. Generally the college partiers will grow out of their ways especially if their workplace doesn't really tolerate that kind of culture.
Brandern
« Reply #1944 on: October 06, 2020, 01:22:18 PM »

Eat Pide Tods?!?
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1945 on: October 06, 2020, 01:26:32 PM »

You're not going to convince me that there isn't a substantial fraction of the 18-22 year group like this. We've all been to college. It's obvious why colleges instantly became COVID hotspots when they allowed students back on campus, and we saw in Spring Break 2020 Florida's beaches were packed with this age group who thought "If I get corona, I get corona."

For the 23-35 age group, I'd say that you have a better point. Generally the college partiers will grow out of their ways especially if their workplace doesn't really tolerate that kind of culture.

Thank you for proving my point
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1946 on: October 06, 2020, 01:30:16 PM »

You really don’t understand just how much Gen Z hates Trump, do you?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1947 on: October 06, 2020, 01:30:23 PM »

Eat Pide Tods?!?

I once ate a tide pod. It goes downhill fast after the first few seconds.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1948 on: October 06, 2020, 01:31:27 PM »

You really don’t understand just how much Gen Z hates Trump, do you?

Issue is that a lot of us also hate Biden just as much. A lot of us just want to blow up the system if I'm being honest.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #1949 on: October 06, 2020, 01:32:02 PM »

Eat Pide Tods?!?

I once ate a tide pod. It goes downhill fast after the first few seconds.

Why?!
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies