Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 10:27:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 91333 times)
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1875 on: October 06, 2020, 08:19:22 AM »

Is the medication making him extra bonkers? these tweets are on the verge of insanity

Have you ever been on steroids?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1876 on: October 06, 2020, 08:35:07 AM »

It almost feels like he's trying to lose the election at this point. I am sad to say I am not shocked at all that he's telling Americans the virus is no big deal and to not worry about it.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1877 on: October 06, 2020, 08:39:18 AM »

Is the medication making him extra bonkers? these tweets are on the verge of insanity

Once for some 14 days when I was sick. Don’t recall it having any effects on my mood
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1878 on: October 06, 2020, 08:41:11 AM »

Once for some 14 days when I was sick. Don’t recall it having any effects on my mood

Depends on the type of steroid, the dosage, and, of course, the patient him/herself. 

For instance (and off the top of my head): women are more likely to experience steroid psychosis than men. 
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1879 on: October 06, 2020, 09:01:57 AM »

I was on a very low dose of steroids for a bad case of hay fever at one point. No effects on my mood as far as I could tell, but again, very low dose of a very weak steroid, as opposed to...whatever this is.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1880 on: October 06, 2020, 09:02:24 AM »

Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1881 on: October 06, 2020, 09:04:32 AM »

HE NEEDS TO REST. Again, I don't even care any more that he's Trump at this point, he's an old man with a severe illness who is refusing to take care of himself and for some ungodly reason is not being made to do so by others. This is painful to watch. It's like Kanye West's family and "friends" profiting from his manic episodes, only if Kanye actually was President.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1882 on: October 06, 2020, 09:08:06 AM »

HE NEEDS TO REST. Again, I don't even care any more that he's Trump at this point, he's an old man with a severe illness who is refusing to take care of himself and for some ungodly reason is not being made to do so by others. This is painful to watch. It's like Kanye West's family and "friends" profiting from his manic episodes, only if Kanye actually was President.
How is it painful?
We know what is going to happen at the end.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1883 on: October 06, 2020, 09:08:43 AM »

Mr. Trump, the very stable genius, has learned.... NOTHING. Sad!
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #1884 on: October 06, 2020, 09:10:04 AM »

I am far too sober for this s***
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1885 on: October 06, 2020, 09:11:17 AM »

I am far too sober for this s***

if it's anything like that psychotic video he posted last night...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1886 on: October 06, 2020, 09:16:49 AM »

I can't imagine anyone agreeing that he needs to give a national address while infected with covid an on a cocktail of experimental drugs.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1887 on: October 06, 2020, 09:19:32 AM »

The President's illness has humbled him. He now truly understands the hardships that millions of people are going through:

If only he knew there's a vaccine for the flu as well as effective medicines for it too. While COVID currently doesn't have either.

Unfortunately a lot of people are going to respond well to this tweet.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1888 on: October 06, 2020, 09:21:17 AM »

The President's illness has humbled him. He now truly understands the hardships that millions of people are going through:

If only he knew there's a vaccine for the flu as well as effective medicines for it too. While COVID currently doesn't have either.

Mostly his followers, and they were going to vote for him anyway
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1889 on: October 06, 2020, 09:22:19 AM »

Mostly his followers, and they were going to vote for him anyway

I'm not so sure about that.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1890 on: October 06, 2020, 09:25:38 AM »

Yeah...Covid-downplaying when he was transported to a hospital several days ago is not a good strategy. This will hurt him.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1891 on: October 06, 2020, 09:29:26 AM »

Yeah...Covid-downplaying when he was transported to a hospital several days ago is not a good strategy. This will hurt him.

It's not the downplaying that'll help him it's suggesting we open up. A lot of people, especially undecided younger people really want that.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1892 on: October 06, 2020, 09:31:20 AM »

It's not the downplaying that'll help him it's suggesting we open up. A lot of people, especially undecided younger people really want that.

Younger voters do not trust a word Trump says. I really don't know where this idea that 18-35-year-old voters are magically going to break hard towards Trump because OH YEAH BEER PONG AND 69ING, BRO is coming from, but it's not going to happen. Trump has been pushing hard for reopening for six months now and it hasn't moved the needle with young voters, or anyone else for that matter; why in the world would that change now?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1893 on: October 06, 2020, 09:33:47 AM »

Younger voters do not trust a word Trump says. I really don't know where this idea that 18-35-year-old voters are magically going to break hard towards Trump because OH YEAH BEER PONG AND 69ING, BRO is coming from, but it's not going to happen. Trump has been pushing hard for reopening for six months now and it hasn't moved the needle with young voters, or anyone else for that matter; why in the world would that change now?

The fact that it's been seven months and a lot of people are getting stir crazy. Of course that idea wasn't as popular when this was all new.
Lemmiwinks
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #1894 on: October 06, 2020, 09:38:43 AM »

I’m torn between wanting a dose of what Trump’s having and a dose of what you’re having.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1895 on: October 06, 2020, 09:43:33 AM »

The fact that it's been seven months and a lot of people are getting stir crazy. Of course that idea wasn't as popular when this was all new.

Trump's messaging will start appealing to undecided voters and make them suddenly break hard towards him any day now...any day now...any day now...

I swear, it's like you want him to win again so you can be confirmed in your low opinion of the American public.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1896 on: October 06, 2020, 09:44:38 AM »

Trump's messaging will start appealing to undecided voters and make them suddenly break hard towards him any day now...any day now...any day now...

I swear, it's like you want him to win again so you can be confirmed in your low opinion of the American public.

The American public reelected an obvious war criminal with over 50% of the vote in 2004, and then gave us Donald Trump. Forgive me for having a low opinion of our electorate.

Also, this is is almost certainly a majority introvert forum (myself included) so we aren't gonna grasp it but a lot of people still feel very limited and "Let's just get on with things, we can't do this forever" becomes a talking point that really resonates.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1897 on: October 06, 2020, 09:47:11 AM »

The American public reelected an obvious war criminal with over 50% of the vote in 2004, and then gave us Donald Trump. Forgive me for having a low opinion of our electorate.

Also, this is is almost certainly a majority introvert forum (myself included) so we aren't gonna grasp it but a lot of people still feel very limited and "Let's just get on with things, we can't do this forever" becomes a talking point that really resonates.

It would resonate with me if it had any basis in reality or was being advanced by someone I had any trust in. The medium is the message, and the medium right now is a roided-up Donald Trump who keeps hosting super-spreader events and CAPSLOCK TWEETING night and day.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1898 on: October 06, 2020, 09:48:20 AM »

I’m torn between wanting a dose of what Trump’s having and a dose of what you’re having.

It comes in cherry or orange flavoring. 
compucomp

« Reply #1899 on: October 06, 2020, 09:51:52 AM »

I agree with you that it could resonate, hell I am tired of working from home and want to go back to the office. However, the 65+ age group will hate this message as it is essentially sacrificing them for the economy. If a candidate were to trade younger voters for older voters, that's a winning trade almost all the time.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies