Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:10:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 91406 times)
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: October 04, 2020, 12:25:39 PM »

Frank point from Prof of Psychiatry at Tufts, reinforcing the concerns that roxas11 has about the impact of dexamethasone on Trump:

Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #1351 on: October 04, 2020, 12:58:17 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2020, 01:06:41 PM by Statilius the Epicurean »

My guess is that he had a real scare yesterday and the day before but is now getting better based on the info we have.

I thought exactly this post yesterday after the briefing they gave. "He had a fever on Friday but they're saying he's better today so Trump will probably pull through." Today they tell us his oxygen level dropped Saturday and are putting him on corticosteroids.

The White House clearly wants to paint a picture of constantly increasing health so it's impossible to trust whatever they say about Trump getting better.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #1352 on: October 04, 2020, 01:49:37 PM »

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1353 on: October 04, 2020, 01:56:59 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2020, 02:02:51 PM by TJ in Oregon »

This gives me the impression he knows something major that the media isn't being told and is close to a breaking point having to keep it in.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1354 on: October 04, 2020, 02:15:43 PM »

"I left Congress for this?!"
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1355 on: October 04, 2020, 02:18:55 PM »

Last two days we've seen Mark Meadows talking to people without a mask, touching his face, now all we need is a picture of him coughing into his hand to complete the trifecta.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #1356 on: October 04, 2020, 02:24:35 PM »

Teasing a Trump return to the White House on Monday seems like an incredibly risky ploy:

1. If Trump does return on Monday but his condition worsens again and he has to be brought back to Walter Reed he'll rightly receive criticism for returning prematurely and possibly infecting members of his entourage in the process.
2. If he doesn't end up returning tomorrow it'll spark more fear that his condition is worse than reported.

Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #1357 on: October 04, 2020, 02:30:57 PM »

This gives me the impression he knows something major that the media isn't being told and is close to a breaking point having to keep it in.

Either that, or Trump went absolutely ballistic when he found out that Meadows had leaked the more concerning picture of his health to the press.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1358 on: October 04, 2020, 02:38:13 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1359 on: October 04, 2020, 02:39:55 PM »

Either that, or Trump went absolutely ballistic when he found out that Meadows had leaked the more concerning picture of his health to the press.

Agree.
And I'm sure he is under a general amount of stress from just the whole thing, and he probably is not getting much sleep.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #1360 on: October 04, 2020, 02:43:20 PM »

This kind of speculation is so ridiculous. He could literally just be tired.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1361 on: October 04, 2020, 02:56:10 PM »

fwiw when my mother-in-law had it, she went from really bad and not being able to do anything one day to being much better and able to do things the next, and then right back to really bad symptoms again for a few days.

I was reading about Herman Cains case and it seems the same thing happened to him the week before he died.

"As recently as, I want to say maybe the Friday or Saturday before he passed away, the report we had was that the doctors actually thought he would make a recovery," Calabrese said. The rest of Cain's systems were "actually pretty strong," Calabrese said, considering Cain had survived a bout with stage 4 colon cancer years earlier.

"There were hopeful things," Calabrese added. But in Cain's final days, he said, "I was starting to have a real sense of concern, because it didn't seem like he was getting better as fast as he should have been."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/04/herman-cain-was-on-a-ventilator-before-he-died-from-covid-19-top-aide-says.html
Lognog
United States

« Reply #1362 on: October 04, 2020, 02:58:50 PM »

fwiw when my mother-in-law had it, she went from really bad and not being able to do anything one day to being much better and able to do things the next, and then right back to really bad symptoms again for a few days.

wouldn't it look much worse if trump starts feeling better only to rush out of Walter reed and then has to go running back, than him simply not leave until he is fully better
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1363 on: October 04, 2020, 03:09:15 PM »

wouldn't it look much worse if trump starts feeling better only to rush out of Walter reed and then has to go running back, than him simply not leave until he is fully better

While Trump is an adult and is making these decisions entirely of his own volition, it still shows the complete lack of actual concern for the effects it'll have on his health that they are willing to go along with him wanting to rush back to the white house as soon as possible purely to keep up appearances.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #1364 on: October 04, 2020, 03:15:01 PM »

I'm expecting this to happen. He will try to force his way out of the hospital as soon as he feels better, and that might be the thing that kills him.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #1365 on: October 04, 2020, 03:16:21 PM »

We have a President who is physically unwell.
And we have the most likely next president in cognitive decline.

What could go (even more) wrong?
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1366 on: October 04, 2020, 03:22:11 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2021, 12:19:11 AM by brucejoel99 »

We have a President who is physically unwell.

What could go (even more) wrong?

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1367 on: October 04, 2020, 03:28:54 PM »

This kind of speculation is so ridiculous. He could literally just be tired.

Dude puts his hand on his head for about one second, and someone takes a picture  --- "OMG! HE MUST KNOW SOMETHING THAT WE DON'T!"

It's like taking a picture of someone yawning and saying the person is chronically fatigued just for that picture alone.

I'm inclined to agree, Redban.  I never put much stock in these "look at such-and-such's expression during Trump's speech"-type snapshot thingies. 
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1368 on: October 04, 2020, 03:38:47 PM »

Never has there been so much projection in so few words. Astonishing.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1369 on: October 04, 2020, 03:49:02 PM »

I don't want it to happen, but I'd love to hear from red/green avatars the reasons why Trump would get a polling bump from being hospitalized for COVID twice in 2 weeks
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #1370 on: October 04, 2020, 03:55:15 PM »

I don't want it to happen, but I'd love to hear from red/green avatars the reasons why Trump would get a polling bump from being hospitalized for COVID twice in 2 weeks

I'm now twice as sympathetic to him as I was the first time he was hospitalized!
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1371 on: October 04, 2020, 03:59:01 PM »

You know damn well our reasons to believe such.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1372 on: October 04, 2020, 04:06:55 PM »

brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1373 on: October 04, 2020, 04:10:03 PM »

You know damn well our reasons to believe such.

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1374 on: October 04, 2020, 04:11:43 PM »

Ouch... so much for "contact tracing" and looking out for the health and safety of your employees within the work-place...

Sure, medical privacy laws etc prohibit employers from directly sharing information but when you have a major workplace cluster going on, it is still morally and legally incumbent to provide some means of communicating information to those who might have been exposed...
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies