Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:24:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 91357 times)
Jay 🏳️‍⚧️
trippytropicana
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: October 02, 2020, 09:51:08 PM »

No joke, this could rip through the Judiciary Committee at the most inconvenient time imaginable for the GOP.

The current GOP senators that got infected are only quarantining for 10 days instead of the 14, because ACB's hearings begin in 10 days.

They are almost certainly going to pull out every stop to ensure that the Judiciary Senators quarantine for as little time as possible
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #801 on: October 02, 2020, 09:51:15 PM »

LOL.
No.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #802 on: October 02, 2020, 09:51:30 PM »

I wouldn't be too surprised if Pence tests positive tomorrow.

He very may well have the virus. But that's just my two pence
If 2020 ends with President Pelosi...
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #803 on: October 02, 2020, 09:52:13 PM »

My fear is that Biden might, in the next 3 or 4 days.
I hope he wasn't exposed by that Orange Moron on stage.
As long as it is caught early, Biden can make it.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #804 on: October 02, 2020, 09:52:56 PM »

Well he didn't learn his lesson after trying to not condemn White supremacists after the Charlottesville incident. So this one no.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #805 on: October 02, 2020, 09:52:57 PM »

No joke, this could rip through the Judiciary Committee at the most inconvenient time imaginable for the GOP.

The current GOP senators that got infected are only quarantining for 10 days instead of the 14, because ACB's hearings begin in 10 days.

They are almost certainly going to pull out every stop to ensure that the Judiciary Senators quarantine for as little time as possible

That's going to be very difficult if any of them end up in serious condition, which is highly likely given the age of the average Senator.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #806 on: October 02, 2020, 09:53:31 PM »

Doubtful, given the narrative is already turning into "well Trump's brave because he didn't hide from it".
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #807 on: October 02, 2020, 09:53:37 PM »

That's going to be very difficult if any of them end up in serious condition, which is highly likely given the age of the average Senator.
One can hope.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #808 on: October 02, 2020, 09:54:14 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2020, 10:25:16 PM by TiltsAreUnderrated »

Moronic commentary like this really makes one wonder where the intelligence is in "intelligence agencies." The last thing these bodies should want (assuming they don't enjoy being dragged into deep state conspiracy theories) is to be seen as particularly hostile towards Trump at a time when his imminent death is a very real prospect.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #809 on: October 02, 2020, 09:54:52 PM »

Some Kim Campbell parallels if that happens. First woman, likely wouldn't serve long, predecessors resigned/became incapacitated
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #810 on: October 02, 2020, 09:56:08 PM »

Remember it's always the poor and those of least privilege who typically are most likely to die of major medical issues, even regardless of pre-existing conditions such as age, weight, diabetes, etc....

Side note...

IMHO Team Biden should not lessen the "contrast" Air War against Team Trump, simply because the PRES was spreading, carrying, and almost criminally negligent when it came to spreading the disease.

Sure Old Skool Metal Fan from way back in the dayz.... but White Gen-Exers actually were one of Trump's strongest demographics in '16.

Hell do I also need to mention the 'Thrax?

Heavy Metal was King in my part of WWC Oregon.... Punk Rock was a bit niche.... everybody listened to classic rock....

Biden needs to find a way to both appeal to WWC Seniors, as well as WWC Gen-Exers....

Push it hard.... we are at the start of the 4th quarter and up hard....

Play the offensive game and add points to the board, while also playing a sound D Game as well...

Still, honestly and truth to heart I hope the POTUS and the FLOTUS make it through this, but with as of now almost 210k Americans dead because of incompetence, difficult to get a sympathy vote with someone who has much better health care and testing than the vast majority of us mere "workers"...

AtorBoltox

« Reply #811 on: October 02, 2020, 10:00:38 PM »

Even if he does, it's too late for the 200,000 dead.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #812 on: October 02, 2020, 10:10:35 PM »

If she becomes president after November 3 and Biden has won, would she appoint him VP and resign so he can get an early start?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #813 on: October 02, 2020, 10:14:26 PM »

I thought 10 days was what the CDC recommends now vs. the 14 from before.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #814 on: October 02, 2020, 10:14:44 PM »

All this show boating over a court nomination resulted in this. When you do clownery, the clown comes back to bite.
indietraveler

« Reply #815 on: October 02, 2020, 10:16:04 PM »

I wonder if the VP debate happens at this point. Just because Pence is negative right now doesn't mean he shouldn't be isolating.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #816 on: October 02, 2020, 10:17:01 PM »

If she becomes president after November 3 and Biden has won, would she appoint him VP and resign so he can get an early start?

The Senate (and House) would have to go along with that.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #817 on: October 02, 2020, 10:17:40 PM »

They can do that on January 3rd
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #818 on: October 02, 2020, 10:20:12 PM »

I mean, I personally suspect that Senate Republicans would prefer a President Biden to an Acting President Pelosi.
oraclebones
Rookie
« Reply #819 on: October 02, 2020, 10:22:45 PM »

Ruth's Revenge
Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #820 on: October 02, 2020, 10:24:33 PM »

I'm starting to think Pence will test positive within the next couple of days.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #821 on: October 02, 2020, 10:25:23 PM »

Just to get an idea of who else might be exposed.

Oh good, SIX members of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

At this rate, there will be one Republican on the committee who outvotes the 10 Democrats because of proxy votes but then they have to figure out what to do for the floor vote.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #822 on: October 02, 2020, 10:35:57 PM »

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #823 on: October 02, 2020, 10:37:19 PM »

I doubt that this is really from Trump.
Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #824 on: October 02, 2020, 10:38:29 PM »

‘God-tier genetics’: A stunned MAGA world offers blame, adulation after Trump’s diagnosis

“You’ve never seen him sick. You’ve never seen him without energy,” Brenden Dilley, a self-described “MAGA life coach,” told his viewers on his radio show Friday. “[He’s] not walking around with weak-ass, p---- f------ genetics. He ain’t got those liberal genes. These are, like, god-tier genetics; top 1-percentile genetics.

Wishful thinking abounded, as well: Dr. David Samadi, a urologist and commentator for Fox News and the conservative Newsmax outlet, set the goal posts by pointing out that while Covid-19 patients over the age of 70 had a 94.6 percent recovery rate, patients ages 24 to 49 had a 99.8 percent recovery rate. “I would put POTUS in the 20-49 category due to his strength and stamina,” he tweeted.

“Does anyone else find it odd that no prominent Democrats have had the virus but the list of Republicans goes on and on?” tweeted DeAnna Lorraine, a former congressional candidate who has backed baseless theories from the QAnon conspiracy movement, going on to blast masks as a Democrat-backed lie and questioning whether China had technically made an “assassination attempt” on the first family.

...according to various QAnon theorists, Trump had left a secret message to his followers in his announcement on Twitter that he had tested positive for Covid-19. Some suggested that his use of the word “together” was, in fact, code for “to get her,” a reference to attacks on his 2016 rival, Hillary Clinton. Others thought Trump’s quarantining was part of a broader plan to isolate the president from potential violence associated with the upcoming election.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies