Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2024, 09:11:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 91695 times)
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: October 02, 2020, 01:32:24 PM »

Everything is fine
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
« Reply #451 on: October 02, 2020, 01:35:35 PM »

Everything is fine
There is no war in Ba Sing Se.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #452 on: October 02, 2020, 01:38:07 PM »

Biden can turn this around.
He has expressed his hopes for Trump to recover, and that’s good, it is necessary, but now he needs to go back to the message.
He needs to suggest to the American people that this could have been prevented, and that the current administration should not have ignored this threat as it killed hundreds of thousands. If Biden can successfully connect the two (easier said than done) I do think he can balance out any sympathy effect.

There
Is
No
Sympathy
Bump
Yes
There
Is
No
There
Isn't

No, it is clearly real and anyone who disagrees clearly doesn't know what they're talking about. yesterday the 538 average was Biden +8.2, but today Biden is only up by a mere 7.4%, and you have to remember that it's not even 3:00. At this rate; Trump closes the gap at 0.8% a day and by election day he wins by a huge landslide, since you have to factor in it's a given that all undecides will break in his favor, and that the liberal polls are overestimating Biden.

Heck, just look at me. Last night I was a staunch Biden supporter. Today, I'll be proudly doing everything I can to support Trump in the 2020 election. I agree with Biden a lot more on policy than I do with Trump, and while I do believe Trump is a threat to Democracy, I feel so bad for him that he caught COVID. He was clearly always being as careful as possible, and doesn't deserve this at all. It is therefore my duty to support Trump as best I can to ensure he gets better, even if it comes at the cost of American Democracy and my future. Also; I am representative of basically everyone in NY and NJ since I spend most of my life in those 2 states, so I think that after this, Trump can win NY and NJ.

I know you Democrats hate to hear it, and can't accept how downhill this election has gone, but trust me, on election day, you're going to be in for a big suprise.

WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #453 on: October 02, 2020, 01:42:27 PM »

He has expressed his hopes for Trump to recover, and that’s good, it is necessary, but now he needs to go back to the message.
He needs to suggest to the American people that this could have been prevented, and that the current administration should not have ignored this threat as it killed hundreds of thousands. If Biden can successfully connect the two (easier said than done) I do think he can balance out any sympathy effect.

There
Is
No
Sympathy
Bump
Yes
There
Is
No
There
Isn't

No, it is clearly real and anyone who disagrees clearly doesn't know what they're talking about. yesterday the 538 average was Biden +8.2, but today Biden is only up by a mere 7.4%, and you have to remember that it's not even 3:00. At this rate; Trump closes the gap at 0.8% a day and by election day he wins by a huge landslide, since you have to factor in it's a given that all undecides will break in his favor, and that the liberal polls are overestimating Biden.

Heck, just look at me. Last night I was a staunch Biden supporter. Today, I'll be proudly doing everything I can to support Trump in the 2020 election. I agree with Biden a lot more on policy than I do with Trump, and while I do believe Trump is a threat to Democracy, I feel so bad for him that he caught COVID. He was clearly always being as careful as possible, and doesn't deserve this at all. It is therefore my duty to support Trump as best I can to ensure he gets better, even if it comes at the cost of American Democracy and my future. Also; I am representative of basically everyone in NY and NJ since I spend most of my life in those 2 states, so I think that after this, Trump can win NY and NJ.

I know you Democrats hate to hear it, and can't accept how downhill this election has gone, but trust me, on election day, you're going to be in for a big suprise.

Agreed. As a resident of Oregon, I can tell you that all of the Democrats who hate Trump are so shocked and heartbroken by his diagnosis that they will proudly be voting for him.

Ratings change: OR: Safe D-> Titanium R.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #454 on: October 02, 2020, 01:45:58 PM »

On the sympathy vote question, since I don't feel like quoting a massive wall of text at the moment:

Yes, there will be a small number of people who were on the fence that might look at this and say, hey, Trump might change now--because they want to believe that he'll actually change.

But there is also at least an equally large number who are on the fence who will look at this and think well, this confirms he can't protect the country if he can't keep himself from getting it.

Overall there will be little to no net change in the polling beyond statistical noise, which I'm certain people will jump on one of the above depending on which direction it goes to say it proves only those people exist.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #455 on: October 02, 2020, 01:51:21 PM »

There
Is
No
Sympathy
Bump
Yes
There
Is

You have zero evidence to support this claim. We will have no idea what the implications of this are in terms of public opinion for at minimum three days. Anything you come up with sooner than that is either unreliable, fabricated, or conjecture.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #456 on: October 02, 2020, 01:52:55 PM »

Folks, you are being trolled with all the sympathy bump stuff.  Just pay no attention to it.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #457 on: October 02, 2020, 01:59:50 PM »

There
Is
No
Sympathy
Bump
Yes
There
Is
No
There
Isn't

Agreed. As a resident of Oregon, I can tell you that all of the Democrats who hate Trump are so shocked and heartbroken by his diagnosis that they will proudly be voting for him.

Ratings change: OR: Safe D-> Titanium R.

I was a staunch Biden supporter but now I am supporting trump because I feel bad for him. It’s so sad, he was being so careful and never tried to downplay this virus, hold big events, He was also one of those people who would wear a mask wherever he went and applauded anyone who did so. I can’t believe how someone like him, someone who did everything he can to stop this virus gets this! Luckily he is a healthy, fit young man who will recover very very quickly.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #458 on: October 02, 2020, 02:02:34 PM »

Since making the announcement last night, Trump hasn't tweeted. And it's already afternoon in Washington. That's not typical for him, even if he's traveling abroad. Maybe he's in worse condition than they have admitted so far.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #459 on: October 02, 2020, 02:06:15 PM »

Since making the announcement last night, Trump hasn't tweeted. And it's already afternoon in Washington. That's not typical for him, even if he's traveling abroad. Maybe he's in worse condition than they have admitted so far.

Good observation. There is a very real chance he dies, but also a good chance he recovers and is just fine. Something is up though because he isn't usually silent on twitter for this long.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #460 on: October 02, 2020, 02:07:47 PM »

Good observation. There is a very real chance he dies, but also a good chance he recovers and is just fine. Something is up though because he isn't usually silent on twitter for this long.

Perhaps he realized how embarrassing this situation was for him and decided to lay low for a few days. Though I can't see him possessing the self-awareness to do that.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #461 on: October 02, 2020, 02:09:36 PM »

Oh snap!
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #462 on: October 02, 2020, 02:16:08 PM »

Usually when he's silent on twitter this long it's followed up by a huge retweet storm. It's happened several times in the past month. I wouldn't read too much into the silence, yet. If it goes a full day, I don't think that's happened in over a year.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #463 on: October 02, 2020, 02:17:40 PM »

That would be quite the rapid escalation, Corona usually kicks in slower.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #464 on: October 02, 2020, 02:19:09 PM »

Well, do we actually know when exactly he was infected? But if it was during the debate trip or shortly thereafter, that would spell a lot of trouble for Trump.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #465 on: October 02, 2020, 02:22:09 PM »

Well, do we actually know when exactly he was infected? But if it was during the debate trip or shortly thereafter, that would spell a lot of trouble for Trump.

Not for sure but since he had been testing negative (granted the rapid test has a significant false negative rate) it could be in the last day or so, so symptoms this early is not a good sign.
rhg2052

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.78

« Reply #466 on: October 02, 2020, 02:23:31 PM »

Obviously we'll never know for sure, but I've seen speculation that it was the Amy Coney Barrett press event last Saturday since several others that were there have tested positive in the last few days.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #467 on: October 02, 2020, 02:24:42 PM »

If it was last Saturday that would be a lot better for his prospects.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #468 on: October 02, 2020, 02:26:19 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2020, 02:42:34 PM by Mine eyes have seen the glory of the crushing of the Trump »

I mean if Trump was just recovering in quarantine but doing fine certaibly he'd be tweeting a lot MORE I think. Hmmmm....
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #469 on: October 02, 2020, 02:26:37 PM »

It has already been reported that Trump has a cough and fever. I probably wouldn't be in the mood either to tweet or do much amything else either if I were feverish. Doesn't mean he's in a coma.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #470 on: October 02, 2020, 02:27:27 PM »

lol ok

Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #471 on: October 02, 2020, 02:29:41 PM »

All those years of golfing and tweeting and it took getting a plague to get him to work. nice!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #472 on: October 02, 2020, 02:29:56 PM »

Who cares
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #473 on: October 02, 2020, 02:30:44 PM »

Not really, but do we have reason to believe it was over a week ago?
Pick Up the Phone

« Reply #474 on: October 02, 2020, 02:31:01 PM »

Perhaps he's hoping for a not-tweeting bump?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies