Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:45:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 91393 times)
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: October 02, 2020, 11:56:47 AM »

That's physically nauseating. Garrison just keeps finding new depths to plumb.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #426 on: October 02, 2020, 11:58:18 AM »

So Ben Garrison supports letting whoever wins the election fill Ginsburg's seat? Freedom position and I 100% agree.
(But seriously, his cartoons have only gotten worse and more insane as time has gone on.)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #427 on: October 02, 2020, 12:00:41 PM »

Who was wishing it on her? If anything she probably was the one praying for Ginsburg to die so she could get the seat. She had clearly auditioned for Trump well in advance.

Conservatives were not secretive about how much they wanted Obama and Hillary Clinton to die. Heck, some of them aren't secretive about how they want people in cities to drop dead so they can rule the country unchecked forever.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #428 on: October 02, 2020, 12:04:27 PM »

What a perfect example of so much wrong with the Republican party.

(Trump's "leadership" leads to death and suffering for countless Americans) "Give him money!"

(He might make us sick) "Oh, the horror!"
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #429 on: October 02, 2020, 12:07:26 PM »

soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #430 on: October 02, 2020, 12:08:42 PM »

This. Does. Not. Help. Trump.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #431 on: October 02, 2020, 12:11:14 PM »

The fact that these idiots in the White House can't even realize that "Hey, maybe the guy telling the press that a bunch of people he works with on a regular basis probably have COVID should wear a mask while making that announcement" is just astounding. It's like they're *trying* to cause a superspreader event.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #432 on: October 02, 2020, 12:13:01 PM »

Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows: "I fully expect that members of the White House press corps will test positive in the days ahead." *coughs*
new_patomic

« Reply #433 on: October 02, 2020, 12:17:29 PM »

The Washington Post is now reporting that Barrett in fact already had Coronavirus.

Not sure about immunity because that's confusing, but even if she were exposed, she might be fine regardless.

ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #434 on: October 02, 2020, 12:23:37 PM »

From a purely epidemiological perspective, this will be a very illuminating set of incidents in understanding how coronavirus circulates. There are now a bunch of extremely well-documented and even televised events testing different combinations of distances, settings, and mask-wearing behaviors (I mean, most folks in Trumpworld won't be wearing one, but, unusually, he also came into contact with folks not normally in his orbit).
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #435 on: October 02, 2020, 12:44:45 PM »

I'd just like to note how extra pissed off I am that 1) They feel they can get together in a large group when none of the people they're supposed to work for are able to and 2) I'm sure many of these people have just been going about their lives as usual over the past couple of days, possibly infecting many people across DC that won't have as easy access to healthcare as they do.

I think it sometimes goes under-reported just how many working class people support the White House that are not an immediate part of the White House staff. I worked at a Starbucks in DuPont and we got Secret Service people picking up orders for meetings. Have all the restaurants, cafes, and convenience stores around the White House been informed of possible exposure? Does the White House even care if they spread it? I'm guessing no.
Turbo Flame

« Reply #436 on: October 02, 2020, 12:45:36 PM »

No matter what you think of them, I hope for a speedy recovery. No one should be going though this. Meanwhile, my predictions have changed because of this.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #437 on: October 02, 2020, 12:48:55 PM »

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/10/donald-trumps-covid-19-clinical-probabilities/616584/

Death is not the most likely outcome, but it is far from unlikely. Based on age and sex alone, Trump is at high or very high risk for severe disease. Eight percent of COVID-19 patients ages 65 to 74 die from the disease. Those 75 to 84 are at far higher risk: 18 percent die. And men are significantly more likely to die of COVID-19 than women. Obesity is also predictive of a severe course. Compared with people in the ‘normal’ BMI range, obese patients are 74 percent more likely to be admitted to an ICU and 48 percent more likely to die.

The president’s doctors have assured the nation during his time in office that he is in good health and does not have chronic medical conditions. But we know that Trump’s lifestyle does not portend an optimized immune system. His sleep schedule is erratic, he does not exercise, and he subsists on fast food and declines vegetables. He is prone to angry outbursts. These lifestyle factors, taken together, are suggestive of impaired resiliency, and could leave him more susceptible to being laid low by the virus.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #438 on: October 02, 2020, 12:53:11 PM »

No matter what you think of them, I hope for a speedy recovery. No one should be going though this. Meanwhile, my predictions have changed because of this.

Explain, Turbo! Tongue
Turbo Flame

« Reply #439 on: October 02, 2020, 12:59:20 PM »

Explain, Turbo! Tongue
Now the undecided voters will have to ponder and see if voting Trump is really worth or not. It doesn't seem likely that they would vote for him. Even if The Donald recovers from it, Almost no undecided voter is going to risk voting for him because of his poor health.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #440 on: October 02, 2020, 01:02:13 PM »

Biden can turn this around.
He has expressed his hopes for Trump to recover, and that’s good, it is necessary, but now he needs to go back to the message.
He needs to suggest to the American people that this could have been prevented, and that the current administration should not have ignored this threat as it killed hundreds of thousands. If Biden can successfully connect the two (easier said than done) I do think he can balance out any sympathy effect.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #441 on: October 02, 2020, 01:04:10 PM »

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/10/donald-trumps-covid-19-clinical-probabilities/616584/

Death is not the most likely outcome, but it is far from unlikely. Based on age and sex alone, Trump is at high or very high risk for severe disease. Eight percent of COVID-19 patients ages 65 to 74 die from the disease. Those 75 to 84 are at far higher risk: 18 percent die. And men are significantly more likely to die of COVID-19 than women. Obesity is also predictive of a severe course. Compared with people in the ‘normal’ BMI range, obese patients are 74 percent more likely to be admitted to an ICU and 48 percent more likely to die.

The president’s doctors have assured the nation during his time in office that he is in good health and does not have chronic medical conditions. But we know that Trump’s lifestyle does not portend an optimized immune system. His sleep schedule is erratic, he does not exercise, and he subsists on fast food and declines vegetables. He is prone to angry outbursts. These lifestyle factors, taken together, are suggestive of impaired resiliency, and could leave him more susceptible to being laid low by the virus.

Death is inevitable.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #442 on: October 02, 2020, 01:11:38 PM »

He has expressed his hopes for Trump to recover, and that’s good, it is necessary, but now he needs to go back to the message.
He needs to suggest to the American people that this could have been prevented, and that the current administration should not have ignored this threat as it killed hundreds of thousands. If Biden can successfully connect the two (easier said than done) I do think he can balance out any sympathy effect.

There
Is
No
Sympathy
Bump
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #443 on: October 02, 2020, 01:12:12 PM »

There
Is
No
Sympathy
Bump
Yes
There
Is
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #444 on: October 02, 2020, 01:15:22 PM »

There
Is
No
Sympathy
Bump
Yes
There
Is

Where? All people will think of this is that an idiot got sick while playing stupid games.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #445 on: October 02, 2020, 01:15:39 PM »

There
Is
No
Sympathy
Bump
Yes
There
Is
No
There
Isn't
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #446 on: October 02, 2020, 01:25:10 PM »

Death is inevitable.

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #447 on: October 02, 2020, 01:25:26 PM »

Stuff like this will anger and motivate Trump supporters (or those leaning to him). It will make people want to go out and support him on election day, especially at a time when many people dislike China.

China’s state media outlet mocks Trump for contracting coronavirus

https://nypost.com/2020/10/02/chinese-state-media-outlet-mocks-trump-for-contracting-coronavirus/

Literally zero Trump supporters are aware of that.
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #448 on: October 02, 2020, 01:26:38 PM »

Stuff like this will anger and motivate Trump supporters (or those leaning to him). It will make people want to go out and support him on election day, especially at a time when many people dislike China.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/02/chinese-state-media-outlet-mocks-trump-for-contracting-coronavirus/

I think Trump supporters are angry enough. If they get any angrier they might hurt themselves!
Pick Up the Phone

« Reply #449 on: October 02, 2020, 01:30:08 PM »

The whole world is mocking Trump for his ignorance and blatant stupidity. After almost four years, his supporters should have gotten used to it.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies