Trump Praises General Lee in Minnesota (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:55:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump Praises General Lee in Minnesota (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump Praises General Lee in Minnesota  (Read 2548 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: September 22, 2020, 10:09:34 PM »

Why would you say this in Minnesota? People there don't give a crap about Confederate statues.

Northern states are full of hicks who proudly display Confederate flags despite their own ancestors were shot by people brandishing those flags.  Trump rallies are where you are as bound to find those morons as anywhere.

Wrong.

You can't just say something's wrong because you haven't personally experienced it. I can tell you there are tons of Confederate flags in rural PA, MD, NJ and upstate NY. Nowadays they're more likely to be accompanied by the blue lives matter and the no steppy on snek, but they haven't gone away.
I'm from rural Ohio and and used to live rural Minnesota and BRTD is correct. I'm having trouble remembering if i ever saw someone with the battle flag in the six years i lived in Minnesota. Whereas, whenever i visit family in Ohio i'll usually see the stars and bars all over the place. Quite frankly i don't think you can compare rural Minnesota to rural Ohio, Pennsylvania, or Indiana.

Further proof that the true divider between north and south is not the Mason-Dixon line, but rather I 70.

Yankee and Dixie settlement patterns in Ohio are two much of a chess board pattern for a single line to effectively represented pro-Southern views during the Civil War. There is also the hour-glass/bowtie shape in PA that I have talked about, where the sides of the bow tie are pro-confederate and the right one even has an arm reaching up towards Albany where a combination of Irish, Dutch and other Non-Yankees formed a bastion of opposition to Lincoln though it is debatable how pro-Southern that group was versus just being pro-Democratic against a "Yankee-dominated" Republican Party. 
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 10:14:27 PM »

I miss the Republican Party of Calvin Coolidge in so many ways.

When Yankee Conservatism wasn't an esoteric concept that required 18 full length paragraphs to explain how it wasn't just "Liberals before a party flip at magic x date" and Republican Presidents wouldn't be caught dead praising the opposite side of the "voted as they shot" paradigm. When many people were still alive who had parents who were members of the GAR and its indirect influence could still be felt. Simpler times!
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 10:16:30 PM »

Why would you say this in Minnesota? People there don't give a crap about Confederate statues.

Northern states are full of hicks who proudly display Confederate flags despite their own ancestors were shot by people brandishing those flags.  Trump rallies are where you are as bound to find those morons as anywhere.

Wrong.

You can't just say something's wrong because you haven't personally experienced it. I can tell you there are tons of Confederate flags in rural PA, MD, NJ and upstate NY. Nowadays they're more likely to be accompanied by the blue lives matter and the no steppy on snek, but they haven't gone away.
I'm from rural Ohio and and used to live rural Minnesota and BRTD is correct. I'm having trouble remembering if i ever saw someone with the battle flag in the six years i lived in Minnesota. Whereas, whenever i visit family in Ohio i'll usually see the stars and bars all over the place. Quite frankly i don't think you can compare rural Minnesota to rural Ohio, Pennsylvania, or Indiana.

Further proof that the true divider between north and south is not the Mason-Dixon line, but rather I 70.

Yankee and Dixie settlement patterns in Ohio are two much of a chess board pattern for a single line to effectively represented pro-Southern views during the Civil War. There is also the hour-glass/bowtie shape in PA that I have talked about, where the sides of the bow tie are pro-confederate and the right one even has an arm reaching up towards Albany where a combination of Irish, Dutch and other Non-Yankees formed a bastion of opposition to Lincoln though it is debatable how pro-Southern that group was versus just being pro-Democratic against a "Yankee-dominated" Republican Party. 

Dude, it was a joke.

Why let a little thing like that get in the way of verbally describing a map of Yankee Northern, versus Non-Yankee Northern settlement patterns in the Civil War Period?
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 11:18:18 PM »

I miss the Republican Party of Calvin Coolidge in so many ways.

When Yankee Conservatism wasn't an esoteric concept that required 18 full length paragraphs to explain how it wasn't just "Liberals before a party flip at magic x date" and Republican Presidents wouldn't be caught dead praising the opposite side of the "voted as they shot" paradigm. When many people were still alive who had parents who were members of the GAR and its indirect influence could still be felt. Simpler times!

I miss the Whig Party of William Penn in so many ways.

When Yankee Liberalism wasn't an esoteric concept that required 18 full length paragraphs to explain how it wasn't just "Evangelicals before a religion flip at magic x date" and republican commonwealthmen wouldn't be caught dead praising popery. When many people were still alive who had parents who were members of the NMA and its indirect influence could still be felt. Simpler times!

One man's revolutionary is the next guy's establishment to be overthrown.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies