Trump Praises General Lee in Minnesota
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:09:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump Praises General Lee in Minnesota
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Trump Praises General Lee in Minnesota  (Read 2532 times)
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 21, 2020, 08:53:24 PM »

Minnesota has no confederate monuments either, which Trump offered to protect.

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 08:54:36 PM »

Robert E. Lee bump incoming
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 09:03:09 PM »

He's always going WAY out of his way to make completely unforced errors in regards to questionable race-related comments. You can't tell me that he's listening to bad advice from his advisors when he does this. He's saying it himself against the wishes of his advisors. Really makes you think...
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 09:06:59 PM »

He's always going WAY out of his way to make completely unforced errors in regards to questionable race-related comments. You can't tell me that he's listening to bad advice from his advisors when he does this. He's saying it himself against the wishes of his advisors. Really makes you think...

We should all feel lucky that the world has not been destroyed by nuclear war with this Buffoon in office.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 09:38:48 PM »

I wish I was in the land of cotton...
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 09:57:52 PM »

Why would you say this in Minnesota? People there don't give a crap about Confederate statues.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2020, 10:08:30 PM »

Why would you say this in Minnesota? People there don't give a crap about Confederate statues.

Northern states are full of hicks who proudly display Confederate flags despite their own ancestors were shot by people brandishing those flags.  Trump rallies are where you are as bound to find those morons as anywhere.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2020, 10:11:35 PM »

Northern states are full of hicks who proudly display Confederate flags despite their own ancestors were shot by people brandishing those flags.  Trump rallies are where you are as bound to find those morons as anywhere.

Have been to rural Indiana/Ohio. Can confirm.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2020, 10:12:25 PM »

Everyone forgetting Confederate Corey was originally from Minnesota Tongue
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2020, 10:16:51 PM »

Sure, but they don't really give a damn about Robert E Lee or Southern heritage, either.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2020, 10:22:47 PM »

Minnesota has Virginia Confederate battle flag which they will never give back
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2020, 10:32:29 PM »

Here where I live in California there was a truck that used to drive around with a confederate flag, but I haven't see it since the shooting in Charleston. There are plenty of people who embrace the confederacy even though they are nowhere near the south and have no connection to it.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2020, 12:21:58 AM »
« Edited: September 22, 2020, 12:33:21 AM by DINGO Joe »

It's just Trump's way of saying that they are all racists here
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2020, 01:20:11 AM »

He's going full white supremacist.

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2020, 01:28:35 AM »

Wrong. Growing up in North Dakota (and this location is basically eastern ND) I think I probably saw like three Confederate flags or bumper stickers ever. Most people's attitudes when it came up in the news over something in the south wasn't so much opposing it for being racist but thinking it was a flag of lovers and it was really pathetic to keep flying a flag of a treasonous rebellion who lost. And I still traveled around rural Minnesota a lot in adulthood and have still yet to see a single house flying a Confederate flag and a number of Confederate bumper stickers I could count on one hand.

Aggressively right-wing bumper stickers in ND/rural Minnesota tend to be more of the fundamentalist Christian message with out of context Bible verses, ones about really loving guns or those "my tax dollars pay for your welfare!" type things.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2020, 02:29:13 AM »

"There were very fine people on both sides of the Civil War"
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2020, 02:33:33 AM »

Wrong.

You can't just say something's wrong because you haven't personally experienced it. I can tell you there are tons of Confederate flags in rural PA, MD, NJ and upstate NY. Nowadays they're more likely to be accompanied by the blue lives matter and the no steppy on snek, but they haven't gone away.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2020, 02:39:50 AM »

Wrong.

You can't just say something's wrong because you haven't personally experienced it. I can tell you there are tons of Confederate flags in rural PA, MD, NJ and upstate NY. Nowadays they're more likely to be accompanied by the blue lives matter and the no steppy on snek, but they haven't gone away.

Since PA, MD, NJ and NY =/= ND, I would say that your posts are not mutually exclusive.
ugabug
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -4.35

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2020, 03:57:47 AM »

Wrong.

I'm from rural Ohio and and used to live rural Minnesota and BRTD is correct. I'm having trouble remembering if i ever saw someone with the battle flag in the six years i lived in Minnesota. Whereas, whenever i visit family in Ohio i'll usually see the stars and bars all over the place. Quite frankly i don't think you can compare rural Minnesota to rural Ohio, Pennsylvania, or Indiana.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2020, 04:09:46 AM »

And Trump's approval rating continues to tick up. This speaks for itself.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2020, 04:18:41 AM »

And Trump's approval rating continues to tick up. This speaks for itself.

No, not really.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2020, 05:40:04 AM »

I liked the bit about Gandhi.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2020, 06:06:15 AM »

Robert E. Lee deserves to have his own statues because he was "beating Lincoln a lot" and "almost" won the war?

WTF??

I guess the GOP has completed its journey from being the party of Lincoln to being the anti-Lincoln party.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2020, 07:50:22 AM »

Wrong.

Trump didn't say this in rural PA, MD, NJ or upstate NY. He said it in Minnesota.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2020, 08:02:05 AM »

Confederate flags up north are a thing. They are not common per say but they're there.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies