2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:42:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread  (Read 168181 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: October 08, 2020, 09:05:12 AM »

Looks like Miami has finally started reporting.  43k cast so far.  22k from democrats.  10k from republicans.

Is that good?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 10:45:25 AM »

Has anyone calculated the margin biden must have (before election day) to win?

Antonio V remarked to me a few weeks ago that he's factoring in 2-3% each for Electoral College bias, potential polling error, and voter suppression, so he'll feel comfortable going into Election Day with an 8% Biden lead or above. That's to do with polling leads rather than early voting leads, though.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 09:14:40 AM »

Conservatives in this thread are astonishingly deferential to Their Team's policies around voting given that they're devotees of an allegedly individualist ideology. They're not even bothering to argue for the utility, still less the necessity, of having one drop box in counties larger than some states or generating eleven-hour lines at the polls, only proposing workarounds as if those features of non-Atlas-red-state elections were unchangeable natural realities.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 11:35:51 AM »

I'm in line for early voting in McKinney and it's an hour long wait. This is insane.

you can vote by mail, vote on election day or wait a few days... LOL

I mean, I understand the concept of your answer, but two things can happen at once. You could wait till another day to vote, sure, or vote a different way... but at the same time, there's no reason why there isn't more sites in MANY states right now to vote. One drop box in a whole county is insane. Just like in GA, there should've been more remote sites to early vote at.

It's a fundamental Republican philosophy to make it harder for people to vote.  This is why Election Day still isn't a national holiday...it's the ONLY reason they're railing against mail-in ballots...it's why there are hours long lines to vote...it's why they purge voter rolls...it's why they decrease polling sites and limit the ways in which we can cast our ballots.

They know that they're quickly losing demographics and they're grasping at whatever threads they can.

Eventually the only way they'll be able to stay in power is by outright cheating.

It should be quite difficult for people to vote, and suffrage in general needs to be scaled back a lot. Many people who vote should not be allowed to.
Who are you referring to?

He has a C-AL avatar. Who do you think he's referring to?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 08:28:35 PM »

My number one takeaway from the numbers up and down the country so far: at long last, there is no [Inks]ing "enthusiasm gap" in Trump's favor this year.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 10:06:31 AM »

Collin County with nearly 40k day 1 early votes. 31k in 2016.

Denton County with 35.9k compared to 16.9k in 2016.

Williamson County 22.7k vs 18.1k 2016

No figures out of Fort Bend but it’s very clear....

The suburbs are coming

CONGRATS ARCADE FIRE
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 09:05:56 PM »

Nevada is far from the most “likely” Clinton state to flip, and the Democrats have a sizable lead in votes cast so far overall. Not sure what’s so hard to understand about this.

Denial and fascism are pretty hard drugs apparently

Wow, fascism, really?

Neo-fascism. It's pretty hard to deny that trumpism flirts with fascism in a major way.

Lol,

well, leaders within the BLM admitted that they're for Marxism and lets be honest, communism killed 5 times as many people. No room to talk.

"Leaders within the BLM" aren't the incumbent President of the United States.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 01:36:54 PM »

I'm in Massachusetts and have already voted, but somehow the Biden campaign figured out that I'm Catholic and has been sending me emails and texts about phone banking into "heavily Catholic [read: WWC] areas of Western Pennsylvania". The idea that there's no Biden GOTV is absurd.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2020, 09:10:22 PM »

Michael McDonald tweeted on Nov 1st, 2016, just a week before the election,  that DEM advantage in CO was 2.6% after just over a million votes. https://twitter.com/ElectProject/status/793477147964899328
We are at  1,237,892   votes 13 days before the election and DEM advantage is 16 points. The difference is pretty huge.

And spineless loser Cory Gardner will still vote for ACB to the Supreme Court.

Why wouldn't he? He's a dead man walking either way.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2020, 11:56:06 AM »

If Biden triages Pennsylvania, he deserves to lose the election.

Huh Who's discussing Biden triaging a state where Trump hasn't led in a single poll since July? Did you mean "if Biden triages Florida"?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2020, 11:57:09 AM »

If Biden triages Pennsylvania, he deserves to lose the election.

Huh Who's discussing Biden triaging a state where Trump hasn't led in a single poll since July? Did you mean "if Biden triages Florida"?

No I'm just making fun of Lief

Gotcha.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies