2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:47:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 120
Author Topic: 2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread  (Read 167914 times)
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1125 on: October 13, 2020, 12:50:59 PM »

On the Internet, no one knows you're a dog, but everyone knows you're a [inks].
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1126 on: October 13, 2020, 12:54:34 PM »

Really excited by this Texas turnout.

Also, Michigan just passed 1 million votes!
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #1127 on: October 13, 2020, 12:55:03 PM »

Honestly, there were good reason for the founders to make it land owning tax paying citizens. That was to prevent traitors and anti-Americans from getting control of the government. Well, look what is happening.  Of course, you think it is fine that cities are burning from people with little to no respect for the law and culture of our country. This is why I endorsed his post but also feel that people that do love this country should have an easy time with voting.

This is all I will say about it as this is off topic.

Strong contender for the worst post of the year.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #1128 on: October 13, 2020, 01:06:10 PM »

I am sorry...Just that maybe the founders had a point is all I was saying.

Michael McDonald
@ElectProject
·
1h
MI #earlyvote update posted. Michigan passes 1 million voted, representing 21.9% of the *total* 2016 vote

Nationally, at least 11.4 million people have voted in the 2020 general election https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-202
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #1129 on: October 13, 2020, 01:07:05 PM »

There is a sort of mystery around Texas because its' voter turnout has been so historically low that we do not what Texas electorate may look like. But given Abbott's actions, I don't think Republicans want to know.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1130 on: October 13, 2020, 01:10:40 PM »

Just a warning for people: My County Judge here memes like a teenager. He posts really good early voting details, but his Twitter account is very cringey.

Also, just for people not up on TX lingo: a "County Judge" is the county executive position and is not an actual judge. This is bizarre and confusing, but this is also a state which has a Railroad Commissioner who has nothing to do with the railroad and instead regulates the oil and gas industry, so whatever.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1131 on: October 13, 2020, 01:15:27 PM »

https://public.tableau.com/profile/dave.trotter#!/vizhome/2020FloridaElectionData/VoteComposition

Somebody tweet this man and tell him Democrats don't have 9 million votes in Florida.
ExSky

« Reply #1132 on: October 13, 2020, 01:21:04 PM »

I am sorry...Just that maybe the founders had a point is all I was saying.

Michael McDonald
@ElectProject
·
1h
MI #earlyvote update posted. Michigan passes 1 million voted, representing 21.9% of the *total* 2016 vote

Nationally, at least 11.4 million people have voted in the 2020 general election https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-202

You probably think Hitler “had a point” too
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1133 on: October 13, 2020, 01:25:11 PM »

I'm in line for early voting in McKinney and it's an hour long wait. This is insane.

you can vote by mail, vote on election day or wait a few days... LOL

I mean, I understand the concept of your answer, but two things can happen at once. You could wait till another day to vote, sure, or vote a different way... but at the same time, there's no reason why there isn't more sites in MANY states right now to vote. One drop box in a whole county is insane. Just like in GA, there should've been more remote sites to early vote at.

It's a fundamental Republican philosophy to make it harder for people to vote.  This is why Election Day still isn't a national holiday...it's the ONLY reason they're railing against mail-in ballots...it's why there are hours long lines to vote...it's why they purge voter rolls...it's why they decrease polling sites and limit the ways in which we can cast our ballots.

They know that they're quickly losing demographics and they're grasping at whatever threads they can.

Eventually the only way they'll be able to stay in power is by outright cheating.

It should be quite difficult for people to vote, and suffrage in general needs to be scaled back a lot. Many people who vote should not be allowed to.

I don't give a rat's ass about Yellowhammer, but one person recommend this post--Jessica.  Which is interesting because just 5 days ago Jessica posted this

Voting should be by mail in every state. I am a conservative but I believe everyone should have a right to vote and it should be easy!

Please explain yourself

Honestly, there were good reason for the founders to make it land owning tax paying citizens. That was to prevent traitors and anti-Americans from getting control of the government. Well, look what is happening.  Of course, you think it is fine that cities are burning from people with little to no respect for the law and culture of our country. This is why I endorsed his post but also feel that people that do love this country should have an easy time with voting.

This is all I will say about it as this is off topic.
No...that’s just historically inaccurate.
The reason non-landowners were prevented from voting was to specifically prevent a large uneducated populace from voting in a populist with little regard for the establishments in place. It was seen as a safeguard against tyranny.
It also was created to prevent the interests of rich landowners from being breached.
It had nothing to do with “love” for the country, unless you really believe that the entire poor population somehow hated America.
As for traitors...well let’s just say there were plenty of wealthy landowners who held pro-British and anti-American views at the start.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #1134 on: October 13, 2020, 01:32:22 PM »

Just voted! Slightly concerned that my vote could be thrown out. Reps are suing to not allow curbside voting, which, I just did. And it was wonderful! Hope they keep it going forward. Took 10 minutes from entrance to exit.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1135 on: October 13, 2020, 01:38:47 PM »

Just voted! Slightly concerned that my vote could be thrown out. Reps are suing to not allow curbside voting, which, I just did. And it was wonderful! Hope they keep it going forward. Took 10 minutes from entrance to exit.

If you've already voted, it seems odd they could throw it out...

But then again, Republicans.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #1136 on: October 13, 2020, 01:42:27 PM »

If your ballot has already been submitted then you should be fine. Republicans in Texas aren't being subtle at all about being a bunch of spineless cheats.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1137 on: October 13, 2020, 02:11:54 PM »

Just a warning for people: My County Judge here memes like a teenager. He posts really good early voting details, but his Twitter account is very cringey.

Also, just for people not up on TX lingo: a "County Judge" is the county executive position and is not an actual judge. This is bizarre and confusing, but this is also a state which has a Railroad Commissioner who has nothing to do with the railroad and instead regulates the oil and gas industry, so whatever.

uhh, ur Couty Judge sounds awesome actually.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #1138 on: October 13, 2020, 02:14:03 PM »

If your ballot has already been submitted then you should be fine. Republicans in Texas aren't being subtle at all about being a bunch of spineless cheats.

Great, because curbside voting was awesome!
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #1139 on: October 13, 2020, 02:17:49 PM »

Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1140 on: October 13, 2020, 02:36:14 PM »

LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #1141 on: October 13, 2020, 02:42:28 PM »

Pretty incredible. 5% of 2016 turnout in Harris County in an 8-hour span 20 days before Election Day.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1142 on: October 13, 2020, 03:10:58 PM »

Just voted here in DeKalb county - straight ticket Dem, Warnock for the special. Took a little over an hour, both of the people in front of me and the guy behind me were first time voters.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1143 on: October 13, 2020, 03:12:34 PM »

Feeling good about Biden netting that 300k margin out of here.

@OSR
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1144 on: October 13, 2020, 03:13:18 PM »

If the turnout starts looking really massive in Texas, especially in the cities, I wonder if Biden will swoop in with a large last minute investment.  He has the money.  Only so much more ads in Wisconsin can do.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1145 on: October 13, 2020, 03:13:53 PM »

Feeling good about Biden netting that 300k margin out of here.

@OSR

Is that what he needs to have a chance at winning statewide?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1146 on: October 13, 2020, 03:14:22 PM »

This may be the millennial in me showing, but I can't imagine "Hedwig Village" as being anything other than a massive stare of owls.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1147 on: October 13, 2020, 03:14:38 PM »

Should be noted Tarrant and Collin counties are only up until 5 PM through Saturday.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1148 on: October 13, 2020, 03:21:58 PM »

Dem ballot lead in Florida is getting really close to 400k now!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17YKazYaUMZ33vmd4YHDKcVdlTkP5DmnHQQlAttwOzL0/edit#gid=1837208868
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #1149 on: October 13, 2020, 03:30:41 PM »

This may be the millennial in me showing, but I can't imagine "Hedwig Village" as being anything other than a massive stare of owls.

Haha! We used to run through there for cross country practice.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 120  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies