2020 DNC thread (starts at 9pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 08:36:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 DNC thread (starts at 9pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 52
Author Topic: 2020 DNC thread (starts at 9pm ET)  (Read 30245 times)
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: August 18, 2020, 09:30:05 PM »

JESUS ING CHRIST OF ALL THE ING DEMOCRATS IN MY STATE YOU PICK THE ER WHO ENDORSED THE REPUBLICAN IN OUR ING SECRETARY OF STATE RACE

I'm done. I'm ****ing done.                                                                                                                                    

You care way too much about someone who appeared on screen for 10 seconds.

Nah. Traitors don't deserve a platform.

How are they traitors?

Very well then. Allow me to explain it, more calmly.

Again - John Lynch literally endorsed the de facto Republican candidate for Secretary of State.

It's a very strange situation. Although Gardner was nominally a Democrat, the NHDP actively endorsed another candidate because he had endorsed Trump/Kobach's sham fraud commission. Because he was largely seen as a nonpartisan figure (and more importantly, doing Trump's bidding), the NHGOP decided to nominate him anyway. There were a few crossovers, the most prominent of which being John Lynch.

Gardner won the election by 4 votes. You can understand why I'm pissed off, no?
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #576 on: August 18, 2020, 09:30:41 PM »

"How ya doin'?  Well, You beat Hodgkins lymphoma.  God love ya."  This man has charm.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #577 on: August 18, 2020, 09:30:59 PM »

JESUS ING CHRIST OF ALL THE ING DEMOCRATS IN MY STATE YOU PICK THE ER WHO ENDORSED THE REPUBLICAN IN OUR ING SECRETARY OF STATE RACE

How are they traitors?

Again - John Lynch literally endorsed the de facto Republican candidate for Secretary of State.

It's a very strange situation. Although Gardner was nominally a Democrat, the NHDP actively endorsed another candidate because he had endorsed Trump/Kobach's sham fraud commission. Because he was largely seen as a nonpartisan figure (and more importantly, doing Trump's bidding), the NHGOP decided to nominate him anyway. There were a few crossovers, the most prominent of which being John Lynch.

We get it, you don't like him. No one cares
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #578 on: August 18, 2020, 09:31:28 PM »

How are they traitors?

So you do have a proper rebuttal to my post or are you just gonna be an asshole for no reason?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #579 on: August 18, 2020, 09:31:48 PM »

This is heartbreaking.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #580 on: August 18, 2020, 09:32:03 PM »

Ok, I know it’s specifically designed to do this, but Ady Barkan’s segment is making me cry a little.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #581 on: August 18, 2020, 09:32:12 PM »

How are they traitors?

I don’t really care about some low level office in a Likely D state. So, no I don’t.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #582 on: August 18, 2020, 09:32:28 PM »

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #583 on: August 18, 2020, 09:33:18 PM »

Literal cancer patients speak from the heart about their struggles with our archaic healthcare system:
“NO, THIS RANDOM GUY FROM NEW HAMPSHIRE IS AN EVIL TRAITOR!!!”
“SHUT UP SANDERNISTA COMMIE!”
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #584 on: August 18, 2020, 09:34:11 PM »

So glad they had Ady on. Healthcare is one of the biggest crises and he has fought harder than anyone to fix it.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #585 on: August 18, 2020, 09:35:05 PM »

Between Ady & the Carters, this is becoming a very somber night
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #586 on: August 18, 2020, 09:35:24 PM »

So glad they had Ady on. Healthcare is one of the biggest crises and he has fought harder than anyone to fix it.
Absolutely.
The healthcare issue honestly won Democrats the House in many of the swing seats.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #587 on: August 18, 2020, 09:36:25 PM »

Kerry looking a little rougher than I remembered.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #588 on: August 18, 2020, 09:36:30 PM »

I don’t really care about some low level office in a Likely D state. So, no I don’t.

Spoken like someone who hasn't had to deal with this situation - let alone worrying about Republicans dismantling their state's democracy.

Literal cancer patients speak from the heart about their struggles with our archaic healthcare system:
“NO, THIS RANDOM GUY FROM NEW HAMPSHIRE IS AN EVIL TRAITOR!!!”
“SHUT UP SANDERNISTA COMMIE!”

And the "random guy from NH" happens to have betrayed the party. Your point?
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #589 on: August 18, 2020, 09:36:35 PM »

How are they traitors?

So you do have a proper rebuttal to my post or are you just gonna be an asshole for no reason?

I don't know why Democrats in New England continue to elect Republicans but here we are. Atleast Charlie Baker gives off Matt Damon vibes.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #590 on: August 18, 2020, 09:37:35 PM »

I'm loving the Asian and indigenous representation.  Those are demographics which are often overlooked by Dems.

something something identity politics

Beet isn't wrong there. The Dems are making DAMN SURE not to miss anyone watching. White folks who are voting for Biden anyway don't care how many quote "people of color"/women are being shown. If you're running this campaign the more diversity you can expose the better.

I appreciate the support, but the Dems trying to pick up every last minority is just going to result in de facto ethnoparties in this country. The result of that is that every time the 'other' party in our 2-party system wins power, minorities will have no representation whatsoever. Our civil rights are always on the ballot in every election. It's better for everyone if minorities are more evenly split between the 2 parties & Democrats go after getting more white voters instead.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #591 on: August 18, 2020, 09:39:30 PM »

I would be absolutely furious if Kshama Sawant, for instance, was allowed to speak for Washington.  So I can see where sawx is coming from.

That said, it doesn't really matter.  I have better face recognition than most and right now, having watched it ten minutes ago, I could probably only tell you like ten people from that entire segment.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #592 on: August 18, 2020, 09:40:26 PM »

I'm loving the Asian and indigenous representation.  Those are demographics which are often overlooked by Dems.

Beet isn't wrong there. The Dems are making DAMN SURE not to miss anyone watching. White folks who are voting for Biden anyway don't care how many quote "people of color"/women are being shown. If you're running this campaign the more diversity you can expose the better.

I appreciate the support, but the Dems trying to pick up every last minority is just going to result in de facto ethnoparties in this country. The result of that is that every time the 'other' party in our 2-party system wins power, minorities will have no representation whatsoever. Our civil rights are always on the ballot in every election. It's better for everyone if minorities are more evenly split between the 2 parties & Democrats go after getting more white voters instead.

Somehow, I don't think letting a gay black guy from Maine talk for 20 seconds is going to heighten racial polarization.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #593 on: August 18, 2020, 09:40:41 PM »

How about people just vote for the party that will improve their lives without you worrying about allocation of voters? For the majority of people of any race, that's the Democratic Party at the moment.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #594 on: August 18, 2020, 09:41:13 PM »

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #595 on: August 18, 2020, 09:42:11 PM »

Hey, Colin.

big tent big tent
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #596 on: August 18, 2020, 09:42:37 PM »

Oh cool. Now we get to hear from the guy who lied to the UN about Iraq.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #597 on: August 18, 2020, 09:42:57 PM »

I would be absolutely furious if Kshama Sawant, for instance, was allowed to speak for Washington.  So I can see where sawx is coming from.

That said, it doesn't really matter.  I have better face recognition than most and right now, having watched it ten minutes ago, I could probably only tell you like ten people from that entire segment.

Still heated that the candidate Bezos tried to buy couldn't beat her?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #598 on: August 18, 2020, 09:43:10 PM »

After Trump there is zero chance of minorities being evenly split between parties. Why does everything have to be evenly split between both parties? There is not value is in every single thing being 50-50. And if you hadn't noticed, Democrats are getting more white voters all over suburban areas.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #599 on: August 18, 2020, 09:43:15 PM »

POWELL!! LONG LIVE THE DEEP STATE!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 52  
« previous next »
Jump to: