Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 09:53:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86
Author Topic: Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread  (Read 144839 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2025 on: January 05, 2021, 10:19:48 AM »

MAGA Haberman had this breathless little article/series of tweets yesterday about Rudy and John Eastman cooking up some sort of last-ditch Gohmertesque scheme for the joint session and pitching it to Trump and Pence. Is the forum consensus that that sort of thing is going nowhere, especially given Rudy's, uh, track record over the past two months?

I have no doubt they cooked up something, but I strongly doubt that Pence would go along with something really crazy, and zero doubt that it would fail if he does try it.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2026 on: January 05, 2021, 10:23:46 AM »

Pence is a coward

Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2027 on: January 05, 2021, 10:24:58 AM »

Pence is a coward

This is good. 
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2028 on: January 05, 2021, 10:32:00 AM »

Pence is a coward

This is good. 

Sounds like Grassley was wrong:

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2029 on: January 05, 2021, 10:39:42 AM »

I think someone has said this before, but I wonder if PredictIt or some such site is taking "Pence or Grassley?" bets.
compucomp

« Reply #2030 on: January 05, 2021, 10:41:07 AM »

I think someone has said this before, but I wonder if PredictIt or some such site is taking "Pence or Grassley?" bets.

Yes.

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/7034/Will-Mike-Pence-announce-the-presidential-election-winner-in-joint-session
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #2031 on: January 05, 2021, 10:58:37 AM »

Per a post to his official Facebook page, Senator Tom Cotton of Arkansas will not be joining the objections to the Electoral College voting, citing his belief in federalism as well as the fact that it wouldn’t overturn the election anyway.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #2032 on: January 05, 2021, 01:03:02 PM »

I heard several interviews on NPR this morning with Georgia voters.  A few of them essentially argued that they couldn't believe Georgia would vote for Biden because everyone in their communities loves Trump.  One even went on to say that everyone she's met at Trump rallies loves the guy so he must have won.

It's interesting hearing this from the side that has been spouting off lines like "Facts don't care about your feelings." Perhaps these fools should use their brains, if they have any, and consider the fact that people in other communities might not feel the same way and that a Trump rally is probably not the best place to get a representative sample of Georgia voters.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2033 on: January 05, 2021, 01:05:41 PM »

I heard several interviews on NPR this morning with Georgia voters.  A few of them essentially argued that they couldn't believe Georgia would vote for Biden because everyone in their communities loves Trump.  One even went on to say that everyone she's met at Trump rallies loves the guy so he must have won.

It's interesting hearing this from the side that has been spouting off lines like "Facts don't care about your feelings." Perhaps these fools should use their brains, if they have any, and consider the fact that people in other communities might not feel the same way and that a Trump rally is probably not the best place to get a representative sample of Georgia voters.

Shades of Pauline Kael not understanding how Nixon won in 1972 because all of her New York film critic friends were for McGovern.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2034 on: January 05, 2021, 01:20:13 PM »

Yeah, but this is one not very many examples of both sides doing it. On leftist media they seem to think that everybody loves Bernie, that he would easily win general elections and that pretty much everybody agrees with their leftist views.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2035 on: January 05, 2021, 01:34:59 PM »

Shades of Pauline Kael not understanding how Nixon won in 1972 because all of her New York film critic friends were for McGovern.

That's a Beam Me Up Scotty. In her actual quote she acknowledged her social circle wasn't representative of all voters.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2036 on: January 05, 2021, 01:47:26 PM »

Yeah it definitely happens on both sides.  I know plenty of urban-dwellers that seem shocked Trump won even a single vote in the countryside.

Yeah, but this is one not very many examples of both sides doing it. On leftist media they seem to think that everybody loves Bernie, that he would easily win general elections and that pretty much everybody agrees with their leftist views.
This is also true.  I think we can all agree there are a number of deluded people and people that can't put themselves in someone else's shoes on both sides of the aisle.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2037 on: January 05, 2021, 02:28:48 PM »

Yeah it definitely happens on both sides.  I know plenty of urban-dwellers that seem shocked Trump won even a single vote in the countryside.

This is also true.  I think we can all agree there are a number of deluded people and people that can't put themselves in someone else's shoes on both sides of the aisle.

That would take some long legs. Wink
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2038 on: January 05, 2021, 02:41:29 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2039 on: January 05, 2021, 03:13:22 PM »

beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2040 on: January 05, 2021, 03:16:08 PM »

Yeah it definitely happens on both sides.  I know plenty of urban-dwellers that seem shocked Trump won even a single vote in the countryside.

This is also true.  I think we can all agree there are a number of deluded people and people that can't put themselves in someone else's shoes on both sides of the aisle.

That would take some long legs. Wink

We've got some tall people in this country.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #2041 on: January 05, 2021, 10:59:52 PM »

Senator Bill Cassidy of Louisiana has also announced that he will not object. You have to wonder how stupid some of these senators think this idea is even if they’re afraid to say it.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2042 on: January 05, 2021, 11:30:50 PM »

Thank you libertarian caucus.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2043 on: January 06, 2021, 01:04:04 AM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2044 on: January 06, 2021, 01:06:30 AM »

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2045 on: January 06, 2021, 03:30:39 AM »

Obsessing over the state legislatures regarding the certifications (something they don't have the constitutional authority on in the first place) is absurdly ironic considering he took part in challenging the changes to PA's absentee laws--something that was in fact passed by the state legislature.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2046 on: January 06, 2021, 08:27:21 AM »

Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #2047 on: January 06, 2021, 09:39:55 AM »

This guy is the Wilt Chamberlain of bad twitter takes
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2048 on: January 06, 2021, 10:12:09 AM »

What time does this all get started today?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2049 on: January 06, 2021, 10:49:03 AM »

What time does this all get started today?

I think around noon.

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies