Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 10:13:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 86
Author Topic: Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread  (Read 145315 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: December 07, 2020, 02:25:01 PM »

It's really remarkable to me that no Judge has yet sanctioned a single Trump lawyer and no state bar has disbarred or otherwise sanctioned any of them either.  It really shows how patient our legal system is with your right to sue in this country. 

The problem too is that these Judges (while they know about outside lawsuits) are just looking at the ones before them rather than the pattern of conduct of these lawyers in filing so many different frivolous lawsuits.  When you look at the whole context it's clear these lawyers are acting in bad faith in my mind.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1351 on: December 07, 2020, 02:30:57 PM »

Just found this...

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1352 on: December 07, 2020, 05:39:59 PM »

Is this new lawsuit that's just been filed in the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court worthy of concern at all, if, say, one of the wingnuts on it orders decertification at 11:50 pm tomorrow?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1353 on: December 07, 2020, 06:37:03 PM »

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1354 on: December 07, 2020, 06:42:19 PM »

Is this new lawsuit that's just been filed in the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court worthy of concern at all, if, say, one of the wingnuts on it orders decertification at 11:50 pm tomorrow?
Only Wolf and Boockvar can withdraw certification and I doubt they'd be jumping to do it within 10 minutes. Most likely if such an order was sent they'd just immediately appeal to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court who'd place a hold on the order before desertification can be completed.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1355 on: December 07, 2020, 06:42:31 PM »

So "every legal vote" is nothing more than a dog whistle for "whites only." Can't say I'm shocked.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1356 on: December 07, 2020, 07:36:47 PM »

Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1357 on: December 07, 2020, 07:39:00 PM »

No, but that would potentially be a concern in AZ or GA where the state supreme courts are very rightwing.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1358 on: December 07, 2020, 08:12:43 PM »

Odd how none of these terrorists are ever arrested but BLM protestors constantly are.  I'm starting to think the police make decisions based on their own personal biases. 
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1359 on: December 07, 2020, 08:53:50 PM »

compucomp

« Reply #1360 on: December 07, 2020, 09:24:54 PM »
« Edited: December 07, 2020, 09:30:50 PM by compucomp »

“The president said, ‘I’m hearing about all these issues in Philadelphia, and these issues with your law,’ ” said Cutler spokesman Michael Straub, describing the House speaker’s two conversations with Trump. “ ‘What can we do to fix it?’ ”

A White House spokesman declined to comment on the calls to Cutler, and a Trump campaign spokesman did not respond to a request for comment.

Cutler told the president that the legislature had no power to overturn the state’s chosen slate of electors, Straub said.

It's at least a bit reassuring that so far, exactly zero state legislators have taken any official action to satisfy Trump's demands. No special sessions, no joint resolutions declaring the elections fraudulent and appointing alternate electors, nothing. Just grandstanding via hotel ballroom "hearings" and urging Electoral Count Act challenges.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1361 on: December 07, 2020, 11:08:44 PM »

The fact that he's making all these private calls tells me it's not just about grifting (though that's part of it).  I actually think in Trump's tiny little brain he genuinely believes he can overturn this election.  This makes his ongoing defeat all the more satisfying.  He's terrified of what's gonna happen in NY.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1362 on: December 07, 2020, 11:53:33 PM »

The fact that he's making all these private calls tells me it's not just about grifting (though that's part of it).  I actually think in Trump's tiny little brain he genuinely believes he can overturn this election.  This makes his ongoing defeat all the more satisfying.  He's terrified of what's gonna happen in NY.

Not just New York. Without the Presidency to abuse to his personal benefit, Deutsche Bank is planning to forclose on him. And who knows what he's promised and failed to deliver to his owners like Putin and MBS.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #1363 on: December 08, 2020, 12:15:05 AM »

https://washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/april-may-june-2019/how-trump-could-lose-the-election-and-remain-president/

Written over 18 months ago.

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1364 on: December 08, 2020, 12:25:33 AM »

^ Fortunately none of that stuff is working because he's not getting backup from the people with the power to make it happen. His only card left is to just announce he'll be staying on as President, but I don't think the system will freeze up like the article postulates. I think the SS removes him and everyone ignores him.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1365 on: December 08, 2020, 02:06:39 AM »

BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1366 on: December 08, 2020, 02:41:19 AM »

I don't know who Conchita Leeflang is, but she wins the internet with this tweet!
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #1367 on: December 08, 2020, 03:00:58 AM »

What does Trump mean when he talks about the signatures in Georgia?
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1368 on: December 08, 2020, 03:45:44 AM »
« Edited: December 08, 2020, 05:33:02 AM by BlueSwan »

What does Trump mean when he talks about the signatures in Georgia?
When absentee ballots are processed, the signatures on the envelopes they arrive in are compared to the signatures on voter registration files. Only if there is a "match" is the ballot legitimate.

After matching, the envelopes are opened and the ballot itself is seperated from the envelope with the signatures to ensure voter secrecy.

Then the actual ballots are counted.

Trump wants to go back and rematch signatures, which is impossible since the ballots and the signatures are seperated after signature verification.

So basically, it is a completely ridiculous bad faith argument from Trump and his cronies. All they care about is making it seem like the election was fraudulent.
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.39, S: -7.74

« Reply #1369 on: December 08, 2020, 06:29:19 AM »

OK?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1370 on: December 08, 2020, 09:00:39 AM »

Step 1: didn't really happen
Step 2: half happened. Few Republicans have actually backed Trump up, most are being silent which is still despicable but a more than a few have recognized Biden as President-elect.
Step 3: Did not happen. Not even close.
Step 4: Did not happen.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #1371 on: December 08, 2020, 09:46:24 AM »

But it’s what he tried to do. Obviously it wasn’t close enough for it.
compucomp

« Reply #1372 on: December 08, 2020, 10:29:45 AM »

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/08/texas-sues-four-battleground-states-in-supreme-court-over-unlawful-election-results.html

Texas’ Republican Attorney General Ken Paxton on Tuesday announced a lawsuit in the U.S. Supreme Court to invalidate the presidential election results in four key swing states that helped secure Joe Biden’s victory over President Donald Trump.

The lawsuit, which was filed directly to the Supreme Court, asserts that “unlawful election results” in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Wisconsin and Michigan — all of which Biden won — should be declared unconstitutional.

The article notes that this challenge is very unlikely to succeed in the Supreme Court, but this does set the groundwork for Texas to secede from the USA (again). Out of all the stolen election and coup scenarios, I honestly did not expect 1860 redux to come up.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1373 on: December 08, 2020, 10:49:14 AM »

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/08/texas-sues-four-battleground-states-in-supreme-court-over-unlawful-election-results.html

Texas’ Republican Attorney General Ken Paxton on Tuesday announced a lawsuit in the U.S. Supreme Court to invalidate the presidential election results in four key swing states that helped secure Joe Biden’s victory over President Donald Trump.

The lawsuit, which was filed directly to the Supreme Court, asserts that “unlawful election results” in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Wisconsin and Michigan — all of which Biden won — should be declared unconstitutional.

The article notes that this challenge is very unlikely to succeed in the Supreme Court, but this does set the groundwork for Texas to secede from the USA (again). Out of all the stolen election and coup scenarios, I honestly did not expect 1860 redux to come up.

This is just insane. 
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.39, S: -7.74

« Reply #1374 on: December 08, 2020, 10:52:29 AM »

Paxton should be in prison for fraud.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length