MA-1: Morse accused of inappropriate sexual relations with college students
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:38:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-1: Morse accused of inappropriate sexual relations with college students
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: MA-1: Morse accused of inappropriate sexual relations with college students  (Read 13078 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2020, 02:32:39 PM »

I'm sorry but the Democratic Party can not be the party talking about sexual assault while supporting people who use their position of power for sex. I don't care about the age difference, what UMass policy is, and I certainly do not care about the sexuality. It is not homophobic to say that people with leverage at institutions like universities and student orgs should not go after the people attending them.
If the relations was consexual, it should be allowed. There is 30K students in UMass.

consent is not the same when you are a student and a professor at college you go to is making advances on you, or you're a college democrat trying to make your way up the ranks and the icon of the organization is making advances on you.

Denying those advances could result in the power that person has over you being used against you. the conflict of interest is clear. It's simply not consent if it's under pressure

A teacher in another department has no pressure on you.

That's simply not true, people at the university have a lot of sway over their departments and research direction

What? You say I'm wrong and then restate exactly what I said.

sorry, I misread what you said. But at the end of the day, if you're running as a young progressive insurgent and college dems at the university you work for ban you from their events, clearly you've made so many people uncomfortable that you've done something wrong.

Or you made one influent puritan unhappy or someone is hoping to get a job with Neal as a reward for the hatchet job...

I don't think this the time for baseless conspiracy theories

Can I get an apology now?

Still does not dismiss anything he did

https://www.wwlp.com/news/local-news/hampden-county/holyoke-city-councilor-to-file-an-order-for-the-recall-of-holyoke-mayor-alex-morse/

now there is this. I think it's only a matter of time for the other shoe to drop

Morse has faced right-wing opposition in his home town as long as he's been Mayor.
Has Morse ever faced Republican opposition?

Hard to say, as elections are non-partisan.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2020, 02:37:46 PM »

I'm sorry but the Democratic Party can not be the party talking about sexual assault while supporting people who use their position of power for sex. I don't care about the age difference, what UMass policy is, and I certainly do not care about the sexuality. It is not homophobic to say that people with leverage at institutions like universities and student orgs should not go after the people attending them.
If the relations was consexual, it should be allowed. There is 30K students in UMass.

consent is not the same when you are a student and a professor at college you go to is making advances on you, or you're a college democrat trying to make your way up the ranks and the icon of the organization is making advances on you.

Denying those advances could result in the power that person has over you being used against you. the conflict of interest is clear. It's simply not consent if it's under pressure

A teacher in another department has no pressure on you.

That's simply not true, people at the university have a lot of sway over their departments and research direction

What? You say I'm wrong and then restate exactly what I said.

sorry, I misread what you said. But at the end of the day, if you're running as a young progressive insurgent and college dems at the university you work for ban you from their events, clearly you've made so many people uncomfortable that you've done something wrong.

Or you made one influent puritan unhappy or someone is hoping to get a job with Neal as a reward for the hatchet job...

I don't think this the time for baseless conspiracy theories

Can I get an apology now?

Still does not dismiss anything he did

https://www.wwlp.com/news/local-news/hampden-county/holyoke-city-councilor-to-file-an-order-for-the-recall-of-holyoke-mayor-alex-morse/

now there is this. I think it's only a matter of time for the other shoe to drop

Morse has faced right-wing opposition in his home town as long as he's been Mayor.
Has Morse ever faced Republican opposition?

Hard to say, as elections are non-partisan.
Let me guess, he's probably only faced Democratic opposition. I live in California, where there usually is GOP opposition in most of the safest Democratic districts.
Dipper Josh

« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2020, 06:07:40 PM »

https://theintercept.com/2020/08/12/alex-morse-college-democrats-chats/

Jesus.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2020, 06:25:24 PM »

I want an apology from each and every one of you.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2020, 06:28:34 PM »

Congratulations to everyone on this site gullible enough to get scammed by a college student trying to play Roger Stone.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2020, 06:31:21 PM »

<brainless hack mode on>
I'll wait for a credible source.
<brainless hack mode off>
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2020, 06:43:14 PM »

What a mess. Sorry that I ever bought this crap
Roblox

« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2020, 06:47:40 PM »

Writing an article about how leftists are really telling on themselves for not validating sweaty ham faces making up s*it so they can get an internship.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2020, 06:47:41 PM »

Absolutely disgusting smear from the MA College Dems. I regret ever believing this.
Dipper Josh

« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2020, 06:54:58 PM »

Good to see the vocal Centrists quieting down awfully quick by simply saying "Intercept bad" when the narrative doesn't suit them anymore.

I'm happy to announce this aged beautifully.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2020, 07:04:25 PM »

I had to wait for more evidence. I bet even some "Democrats" would defend Kavanaugh and attack Kamala Harris.
new_patomic

« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2020, 07:06:32 PM »

There's really only one response to this.

MA College Dems need to produce specific evidence of individuals or interactions which show Morse was actually creepy or acting inappropriately.

Because otherwise I don't know how you could say this wasn't a smear campaign which spread through word of mouth and then was weaponized weeks before an election. This piece is damming.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2020, 07:15:55 PM »

Does Neal still win the primary?
Dipper Josh

« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2020, 07:18:24 PM »

The thing about this that really bothers me is that they clearly played into homophobic stereotypes to try and get this story to spread. Just an unbelievable scumbag move.

I'd be really interested to see how this is reported on. People forget that Keith Ellison's allegations were also pretty much thrown out yet he's still a tarnished figure.

Honestly, I don't see how Morse comes out of this with positives.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2020, 07:26:37 PM »

The thing about this that really bothers me is that they clearly played into homophobic stereotypes to try and get this story to spread. Just an unbelievable scumbag move.

I'd be really interested to see how this is reported on. People forget that Keith Ellison's allegations were also pretty much thrown out yet he's still a tarnished figure.

Honestly, I don't see how Morse comes out of this with positives.
Ellison still won statewide with GOP opposition. Has Morse ever faced GOP opposition in mayoral elections?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2020, 07:36:39 PM »

Here’s a thought:  Maybe instead of playing the boy who cried homophobia, you guys should stop making excuses for folks like Jon Hoadley and Alex Morse and focus on electing progressives who aren’t despicable scumbags.

You were mighty quick to call Morse a despicable scumbag without all the evidence. There's a reason guilty until proven innocent is not a thing in America and if I recall correctly this is not the first time you've jumped the shark on a case like this. I normally find you a sensible poster but you are so prudish and quick to assume the absolute worst on this stuff, why?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2020, 07:39:34 PM »

Here’s a thought:  Maybe instead of playing the boy who cried homophobia, you guys should stop making excuses for folks like Jon Hoadley and Alex Morse and focus on electing progressives who aren’t despicable scumbags.

You were mighty quick to call Morse a despicable scumbag without all the evidence. There's a reason guilty until proven innocent is not a thing in America and if I recall correctly this is not the first time you've jumped the shark on a case like this. I normally find you a sensible poster but you are so prudish and quick to assume the absolute worst on this stuff, why?

Tbf while I do strongly disagree with JDB on this issue,  he is always consistent on it.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2020, 07:43:17 PM »

Zoomers really are the f[inks]king worst.

And so are their scumbag defenders.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2020, 07:45:37 PM »

Name the GOP opponents he had as mayor.

I don't know as the elections were non-partisan. But all his opponents ran against him from the right and one of them promised to "make Holyoke great again" in a debate. Holyoke is Safe D at the national level, but low turnout as well as weird local politics allows conservatives to be competitive at the city level.

I'm not sure why you keep harping on this though. Who cares what party his opponents are?
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2020, 07:50:37 PM »

I don't know as the elections were non-partisan. But all his opponents ran against him from the right and one of them promised to "make Holyoke great again" in a debate. Holyoke is Safe D at the national level, but low turnout as well as weird local politics allows conservatives to be competitive at the city level.

I'm not sure why you keep harping on this though. Who cares what party his opponents are?
My mayor, Steve Jones (R-Garden Grove) never promised to "make Garden Grove great again", but he's a Republican mayor of a Democratic leaning city. All municipal elections in California are nonpartisan. Do you think there's a good chance Morse faced GOP opposition?
new_patomic

« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2020, 08:18:32 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2020, 08:21:51 PM by new_patomic »

I'd also say that, even if we were to be incredibly generous here, and assume that there are a other individuals who can attest to Morse acting inappropriately or unprofessionally towards them, this is exactly why when you release accusatory statements against someone you actually have to substantiate them to a minimum degree.

Because now if there even are actual victims, they have to deal with the fact that the first specific evidence we have is of people making the entire thing up. Shame of the MA College Dems.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2020, 08:45:17 PM »

My mayor, Steve Jones (R-Garden Grove) never promised to "make Garden Grove great again", but he's a Republican mayor of a Democratic leaning city. All municipal elections in California are nonpartisan. Do you think there's a good chance Morse faced GOP opposition?

I would honestly be surprised if any of his opponents (besides the incumbent he initially beat) were Democrats.
Dipper Josh

« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2020, 09:14:39 PM »

If (unlikely i know) Morse loses by a small margin... I'm going to be inconsolable.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2020, 09:31:16 PM »

Business Insider reporter

Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2020, 09:33:01 PM »

I would honestly be surprised if any of his opponents (besides the incumbent he initially beat) were Democrats.
Really? You think most of them were Republicans?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies