MA-1: Morse accused of inappropriate sexual relations with college students
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 04:31:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-1: Morse accused of inappropriate sexual relations with college students
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Author Topic: MA-1: Morse accused of inappropriate sexual relations with college students  (Read 12921 times)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: August 16, 2020, 08:58:12 PM »

Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #176 on: August 16, 2020, 09:08:03 PM »

Jamaal Bowman stands by his earlier endorsement of Morse:

Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2020, 03:12:47 PM »

Full poll: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tCdGPejbbxmgWQo4ZBnT7Wf4slflgU2r/view
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2020, 03:14:04 PM »

Full poll: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tCdGPejbbxmgWQo4ZBnT7Wf4slflgU2r/view

Trailing in your own internal by 5% isn’t exactly something to brag about Tongue
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2020, 03:16:06 PM »

Trailing in your own internal by 5% isn’t exactly something to brag about Tongue

I think it’s the movement that’s more important.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #180 on: August 17, 2020, 03:16:36 PM »

Anywho, there's a debate today.

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #181 on: August 17, 2020, 06:20:52 PM »

Has a political hit ever backfired this badly? Neal might actually lose because of that stupid intern.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #182 on: August 17, 2020, 07:31:16 PM »
« Edited: August 17, 2020, 10:49:24 PM by Brittain33 »

This story is so salient because it perfectly showcases the careerism, opportunism and lack of virtue that is endemic to the entire Democratic Party apparatus and those who seek to climb its ladder.

Between this guy and Matt Nowling, College Dems prove once again that they deserve to be disbanded lol
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #183 on: August 18, 2020, 12:48:38 AM »

This story is so salient because it perfectly showcases the careerism, opportunism and lack of virtue that is endemic to the entire Democratic Party apparatus and those who seek to climb its ladder.

Between this guy and Matt Nowling, College Dems prove once again that they deserve to be disbanded lol

Absolutely shameful. The party of "equality" perfectly happy to do a homophobic hitjob on an ambitious and obviously very caring young man whose sole offense was to try and end corporate America's congressman's career.

The GOP is honest about their politics. The Democrats, on the other hands, are monsters.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #184 on: August 18, 2020, 02:07:04 AM »

How was it?
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #185 on: August 18, 2020, 03:23:21 AM »

As bare-knuckled as I'd expect it. Lots of attacks from both sides.

Maybe I'm being biased, but Morse was dominant - mainly on criminal justice reform, PAC money, and fighting Trump. For example, Neal's rebuttal was some galaxy brain take about how the corporations that donate to him do so because they Actually Agree with him.

The only real hit Neal landed was on the CARES Act, and that won't be enough to turn the tide.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #186 on: August 18, 2020, 06:50:24 AM »

I don't think aspiring hacks doing awful things to climb the political greasy pole in university is unique to the Democratic Party or the American political system.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #187 on: August 18, 2020, 07:07:46 AM »

Has a political hit ever backfired this badly? Neal might actually lose because of that stupid intern.

I’m not that optimistic. Morse may have turned the tables on the Mass Democrats who set him up, but the result is still that the noise is all “Morse is a gay homosexual who has gay homosexual sex with gay college gay kids”, and that’s just not good for someone trying to run on issues.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #188 on: August 18, 2020, 07:13:03 AM »

I’m not that optimistic. Morse may have turned the tables on the Mass Democrats who set him up, but the result is still that the noise is all “Morse is a gay homosexual who has gay homosexual sex with gay college gay kids”, and that’s just not good for someone trying to run on issues.

I agree, but the poll suggested it might have backfired directly. Among those who'd said they'd heard or read "anything in the past week about an issue involving Alex Morse and a group of College Democrats at Mass Amherst," 18% said what they heard made them more inclined to vote for Neal and 21% said it made them more inclined to vote for Morse. This is in addition to the general boost in fundraising Morse has gotten out of the incident so far.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #189 on: August 18, 2020, 07:56:03 AM »

Very neat new twist
The executive director of the Massachusetts Democratic Party, as the scandal around congressional candidate Alex Morse began to implode, told student leaders to delete records of communications between themselves and the state party, according to five sources with knowledge of the matter. The executive director, Veronica Martinez, had personally coordinated with College Democrats ahead of the release of allegations of sexual impropriety against the Holyoke mayor.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #190 on: August 18, 2020, 10:48:38 AM »

I agree, but the poll suggested it might have backfired directly. Among those who'd said they'd heard or read "anything in the past week about an issue involving Alex Morse and a group of College Democrats at Mass Amherst," 18% said what they heard made them more inclined to vote for Neal and 21% said it made them more inclined to vote for Morse. This is in addition to the general boost in fundraising Morse has gotten out of the incident so far.

Plus, this might be one of the gayest districts in the country, certainly outside of major cities.
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #191 on: August 18, 2020, 11:03:33 AM »

As a neutral it’s hard not to cheer for Morse now.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #192 on: August 18, 2020, 11:55:29 AM »

Repeat after me:

The

Intercept

Is

Not

A

Credible

Source
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #193 on: August 18, 2020, 11:56:01 AM »

As a Morse supporter it’s hard not to cheer for Neal now.

Fixed
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #194 on: August 18, 2020, 11:58:20 AM »

Repeat after me:

The

Intercept

Is

Not

A

Credible

Source

Yes because the Intercept is the only one reporting that has reported this.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #195 on: August 18, 2020, 12:00:48 PM »

Repeat after me:

The

Intercept

Is

Not

A

Credible

Source

All of the new updates that supposedly make this look more and more like a hit are from The Intercept. They post these stories like the MA Dems coordinating with the students and the ED of the state party telling them to delete their communications, but none of these stories show any evidence of that.
MAPZZ
Rookie
« Reply #196 on: August 18, 2020, 12:04:11 PM »

Repeat after me:

The

Intercept

Is

Not

A

Credible

Source

All of the new updates that supposedly make this look more and more like a hit are from The Intercept. They post these stories like the MA Dems coordinating with the students and the ED of the state party telling them to delete their communications, but none of these stories show any evidence of that.

They do, but whatever keep sucking that Democratic party tit.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #197 on: August 18, 2020, 12:17:13 PM »

Repeat after me:

The

Intercept

Is

Not

A

Credible

Source

They’re the only ones reporting MA Democratic Party involvement, but what happened was clearly a hit job either way, although the idea that this was even remotely homophobic (his being gay was irrelevant) - as well as the argument that Morse didn’t do anything wrong (IIRC, he’s admitted to having had sex with students  at the university where he taught) - is pretty absurd.  Morse’s conduct was disqualifying, but the sexual harassment allegations by the Amherst College Dems were false, as well as a truly despicable hit job.  Both can be true at the same time.  

If Neal had any knowledge or involvement then he is unfit for public office, but so far no credible evidence has emerged suggesting that was the case (and no, a sleezy fringe website with a history of deliberately publishing false stories - including a false rape allegation - and spreading propaganda for one of America’s main adversaries basically saying “We can’t prove the MA Democratic Party was involved, but just take our word for it w/o question” is not credible evidence).
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #198 on: August 18, 2020, 01:54:05 PM »

Repeat after me:

The

Intercept

Is

Not

A

Credible

Source

They do, but whatever keep sucking that Democratic party tit.

Can you point me to that evidence then? I literally don't see it anywhere in the article.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #199 on: August 18, 2020, 03:50:55 PM »

Repeat after me:

The

Intercept

Is

Not

A

Credible

Source

Repeat after me: I don't believe anything that doesn't confirm my myopic worldview
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies