NBC/WSJ Biden +11
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:37:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  NBC/WSJ Biden +11
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NBC/WSJ Biden +11  (Read 2357 times)
woodley park

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2020, 05:01:01 PM »

I hate to nitpick, but I don't like that Trump has a 42% approval rating in this poll. It seems way too high given the current environment.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2020, 05:08:28 PM »

Common sense dictates that Biden's lead isn't going to substantially diminish while Trump continues to screw up the pandemic response.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2020, 05:08:32 PM »

I hate to nitpick, but I don't like that Trump has a 42% approval rating in this poll. It seems way too high given the current environment.

This has consistently been one of the best high-quality pollsters for Trump.  42 is his lowest approval in this poll since early 2018.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2020, 06:21:45 PM »

Good for Trump
woodley park

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2020, 06:25:04 PM »

This has consistently been one of the best high-quality pollsters for Trump.  42 is his lowest approval in this poll since early 2018.

What was the early 2018 dip caused by? That feels like 25 years ago, so my memory is hazy.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2020, 06:34:01 PM »

Biden is at 50%. That's all I care about.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2020, 06:57:32 PM »

What was the early 2018 dip caused by? That feels like 25 years ago, so my memory is hazy.

The whole border thing with kids in cages, although I might be wrong.
ugabug
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -4.35

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2020, 07:04:51 PM »

The whole border thing with kids in cages, although I might be wrong.
Pretty sure that was the summer of 2018. December of 2017 was pretty bad for Trump overall so maybe that was just a leftover from december, otherwise the only thing i can remember early 18 is Bannon getting fired but i'm pretty sure that was good for Trump.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2020, 08:52:04 PM »

Yeh, everyone else has him between 36% and 39%, except maybe Ras.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2020, 01:28:17 AM »

It was the aftermath of the Alabama election where Trump went all in for a child molester, and the tax cut bill which was very unpopular.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2020, 01:47:01 AM »

It was the aftermath of the Alabama election where Trump went all in for a child molester, and the tax cut bill which was very unpopular.

I would love to see how the history books of my future kids cover Trump's Presidency. You could write a whole chapter for each year and it would be extremely entertaining. #makeHistorygreatagain
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2020, 01:49:01 AM »

Holy s**t. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so happy right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the results tonight. I feel like I'm going to explode.

Not a good way to treat your mom, but in the context sounds more like an accident than intention.... Wink

Hopefully she is a non-Trumpista and will not hold that against you, so long as you defer from future such conduct or warn her when expecting polling news updates   Smiley
roxas11
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2020, 01:59:16 AM »

Biden low favorability in this poll simply does not reflect reality

I live in Louisiana and it is very clear that Biden is not even close to being as hated as Hillary was in 2016. trust me if Biden was disliked as much this poll claimed I would have seen seen or heard about it by now because people around here are not shy about telling anybody just how much they hate Democrats

WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2020, 02:16:30 AM »

Holy s**t. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so happy right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the results tonight. I feel like I'm going to explode.

Not a good way to treat your mom, but in the context sounds more like an accident than intention.... Wink

Hopefully she is a non-Trumpista and will not hold that against you, so long as you defer from future such conduct or warn her when expecting polling news updates   Smiley

I assume your being sarcastic, but that was a copypasta  Wink
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2020, 02:32:38 AM »

I assume your being sarcastic, but that was a copypasta  Wink

Def....

Reminds me a bit of that Suicidal Tendencies song "Institutionalized" which was a bit of Hardcore / Skater Punk Song from '83....

Not going to clutter the thread with a youtube link or lyrics post, but def a good song from a good album, so worthy of checking out if you're interested. Wink

Back to the poll... I believe NBC/WSJ has a pretty decent rating and Biden +11 is not unreasonable, despite some of the weird cross-tabs.

Throw it into the mix and we'll all move on but yeah another double-digit Biden poll over 50% is total goodness all around.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2020, 05:22:07 AM »

Just looked at the poll, and there IS a neutral # for the Positive/Negative question (why not just ask favorable or not favorable like everyone else), though Biden’s very negative # went up this month for some odd reason.

BUT, if you add Neutral to the “Very Positive/Somewhat positive” section, you get this:

Biden: 53/46 (+7)
Trump: 46/54 (-8)

Which seems closer to normal (though Trump’s # still seems way too high)

Biden gets nearly 20% on “neutral” but Trump only 7%, which seems like it should’ve been noted, as many are just ambivalent about Biden but will still vote for him.
American2020
CĂ´te d'Ivoire

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2020, 10:23:05 AM »

FlyoverCoast
Rookie

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2020, 11:19:29 AM »

Some of these questions seem pretty loaded.

For example:
In general, in thinking again about your vote in November for president and Congress, which comes closer to
the type of candidate you prefer? (ROTATE)
Someone who will confront and challenge the establishment in government to shake up how it operates
…or…
Someone who will bring competence and compassion to the way government operates?

These aren't competing ideals, but they are framed like they are.

here are the results btw:
Will confront and challenge the establishment: 44
Will bring competence and compassion 46
Some of both (VOL) 6
Not sure 4
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2020, 01:41:32 PM »

Usually I expect reversion to the mean at this stage, which suggests a tightening-up of a not-so-tight race. But the dynamics feel more like those of 2008 (or even 1980 with the Parties inverted) than like what we usually see. As an example, 2012 was 'close to being close'. 
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2020, 12:27:41 AM »

Just wait for the mask bump. Trump will surge bigly again.

I have been having some computer issues, and have been out-of-the-loop on the most recent "bumps."
What is the "mask bump"?
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2020, 12:30:10 AM »

I have been having some computer issues, and have been out-of-the-loop on the most recent "bumps."
What is the "mask bump"?

The bump that will inevitably happen in response to this event:

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2020, 12:37:39 AM »

What is the "mask bump"?

The bump that will inevitably happen in response to this event:

Ah ... of course.
Got it. Thank you.
Smiley
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2020, 06:18:14 PM »

By the way, it's become pretty clear that he was required to wear that mask to enter the hospital, and for the sake of another photo-op he did it. He hasn't changed his ways when it comes to masks.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies